Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Mongoose pro
21-06-2015, 12:28 PM,
1GM  Mongoose pro
Hi,

If I was no purchase a genuine mongoosepro interface from drew technologies in america can I use a downloaded version of tech2win etc for diagnostic work, instead of spending $770 USD for a genuine subscription?

If I then wanted to go and do SPS programming and I purchased a 3 day license will this still work with the download tech2win software?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2015, 15:27 PM,
RE: Mongoose pro
SPS Programming has nothing to do with Tech2Win or GDS 2
Your tool is working with any Tech2Win version and you can use the bin file that you can find in this forum
If you want to use SPS Programming you can buy a subscription and use the file to flash the controler/s that you want

Good luck
[+] 8 users say Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
22-06-2015, 09:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 22-06-2015, 09:59 AM by abruzzo116.)
Hi,

Basically, what I mean is if I was to purchase a genuine mongoose proGM from dewtech technologies can I use patched software such as tech2win and GDS. However, if I needed to program a new body computer and a new calibration software needed to be downloaded will the patched software (tech2win & GDS) work with the interface.

I am mainly asking this question to determine whether there is a need to pay a yearly license subscription to ACDelco TDS.

(21-06-2015, 15:27 PM)mattydr67 Wrote:  SPS Programming has nothing to do with Tech2Win or GDS 2
Your tool is working with any Tech2Win version and you can use the bin file that you can find in this forum
If you want to use SPS Programming you can buy a subscription and use the file to flash the controler/s that you want

Good luck

So in other words the mongoose proGM interface will work with patched software?
22-06-2015, 10:15 AM,
Yes mate
But for SPS Programming you do not need Tech2win and GDS2
This is what I tell you
Don;t worry GM Mangoose Pro2 it is the aprooved tool for GM and Opel
Take a look in theior web site to see what cars are not covered by the Tech2win if you are in the US market
Good luck
[+] 2 users say Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
22-06-2015, 10:30 AM,
(22-06-2015, 10:15 AM)mattydr67 Wrote:  Yes mate
But for SPS Programming you do not need Tech2win and GDS2
This is what I tell you
Don;t worry GM Mangoose Pro2 it is the aprooved tool for GM and Opel
Take a look in theior web site to see what cars are not covered by the Tech2win if you are in the US market
Good luck

I am in Australia and dont wish to pay $775US dollars for an annual subscription of the GDS & Tech2win software. If you can assure me that an approved interface will work with patched software then this is a start.

Do I download software from here?

Thanks,

Marco
22-06-2015, 11:51 AM,
Mate I'm not a Drewtech dealer
If you ask Drewtech they will tell you to buy a subscription
Because they cannot advise you to use the softwares that you find in other plce.
We have to understand this
All I will tell you know and for the last is that if you want to use GDS2 and Tech2win for diagnosis with a Mangoose Pro2 you can use it with softwares that you can find in the forum ( Use Search button to find out item )
For Holden and other GM cars for Australian market I think you can get softwares for Tech2Win too
But for GDS2 I really don't know ( I wasn't intreasted in this )
To release the GDS2 and Tech2win you need also to install the GlobalTis v32 ( which is cover SPS Programming too but for Opel cars in Europe )
If you want to do only Programming with the Mangoose Pro you need to buy the subscription
Now in the end. The GM Mangoose Pro2 is an approved tool by the GM.
It can works with tech2Win and GDS2 and can do SPS Programming in all GM cars
Tech2Win and GDS2 that you find in this forum are offcial stuff
But offcourse without subscription
I hope you understand.
Good luck
[+] 4 users say Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
23-06-2015, 03:44 AM,
For any region (Europe,USA,Australia and so on) the only online subsription that you need is for your SPS jobs........nod
All the others such Tech2win, Gds 2 you can use them offline and with latest versions!!!!!!wink2
So when you want to execute a SPS you can buy for one day and thats all!!!!!!!yes
The Drew Mongoose Pro GM interface works full and perfect with all these that i mention since i bought it and i use it very often..........wink2
Regarts........beer
[+] 2 users say Thank You to vagvag for this post
30-08-2015, 11:10 AM,
Anyone have any further information regarding this subject!
30-08-2015, 11:51 AM,
What do you mean?
If the GM Mangoose Pro2 will works with Tech2Win and GDS2 but not payed from official web site?
The answare it is YES
I'm using AVDI and it is 100% as a GM MDI
The GM Mangoose Pro 2 it is accepted by the GM so what do you think?
Good luck
[+] 5 users say Thank You to mattydr67 for this post
30-08-2015, 17:38 PM,
When you want to program you will select passthru. You won't be using GDS2 or Tech2Win so there is no reason to have them open. You will have your laptop and cable connected to the car and then connect to GM. No other software is needed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
KOpel Mongoose Pro GM II CLONE DRIVERS onejay09 6 890 31-10-2019, 20:57 PM
Last Post: kiranabc