Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ F10 535i engine power loss 15mph, DME issue?
20-01-2024, 19:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 28-01-2024, 16:35 PM by Clusters.)
XZBMW  F10 535i engine power loss 15mph, DME issue?
Update: As @maksymw sait, it was the eeprom. Thanks @maksymw for all the help in guiding me flash the eeprom you created. I had to flash just the eeprom and re-encode the DME. Everything is back to normal.

My 535i has been in limp mode for the past few months and I have not been able to figure out what's wrong. Local indy shop has no clue either and suggesting that it could be the DME.

Car idles fine, compression test showed 193-203 range and smoke test doesn't show any leaks. Car drives find up to 15 mph and as soon as it shifts automatically to 3rd gear, loses power completely and start to shudder when accelerating. I tried to manually put the car in 2nd gear and same behavior above a certain speed, usually around 15 mph. There is no engine/transmission fault codes. The only code I have is for water vale and seat standardization that I am planning to take care of later.

Removed the catalytic converted and tried with catless downpipe, but issue persists. Car previously had MHD state 2 + pump gas tune. We unfortunately no longer have access to the school email that was used to purchase MHD license. I've already contacted MHD, but the only option is buying a new license.

Just to make sure the DME is stock, we used esys to flash the car back to stock. Indy shop is saying that the DME still has some MHD tune in eeprom or somewhere so the only option is getting a new DME. They can't find any mechanical issues with the car.

I was able to complete every test in ISTA successfully. Every module in the car is responding in ISTA and we upgraded software in all available modules via ISTA without any issues. Lower pressure fuel is 50 psi and high pressure shows 80 bar. DME and EGS adaptations have been reset.

I can't figure out what's wrong. I can tow it to a dealer 40 miles away but wanted to get some help here first.

I am based out of Dallas, TX, USA.

Does MHD tune modify DME's EEPROM or any part of the DME that can't be reset to stock via esys? I see no physical damage to the DME and the wiring looks fine.

Apologize for the long post but I wanted to share as much info as possible for anyone that could help out!!

Datalog links in the attachement

Attached Files
datalog links.txt
File Type: .txt
Downloaded: 8 times
Size: 112 bytes

21-01-2024, 09:17 AM,
RHonda  RE: F10 535i engine power loss 15mph, DME issue?
So have You flashed DME with AOS ISTA to stock?
Better to flash complete car with ISTA, not esys.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to jaki for this post
21-01-2024, 09:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 21-01-2024, 09:24 AM by Node.)
RE: F10 535i engine power loss 15mph, DME issue?
Your post is NOT too long, it is MUCH too short.

You should EXPLAIN which log contains what. Now we need to spend SIGNIFICANT time to figure out ourselves even to BEGIN comprehending what is in the logs...

Then the problem with like 90% of data in the log ARE ZEROES!!! No fuel pressure data, boost data are ALLMOST all ZEROES too. Does that mean your boost is faulty or just data logger issue??? I have no idea. So have no idea too what you used to make logs, but its TOTAL CRAP. Use ISTA expert mode and make PROPER logs.

From like 5 or 6 somewhat useful numbers which are NOT zeroes IMHO you could try disconnecting air mass sensor... On one sheet you have >100kg/h air mass and some boost pressure just revving (what looks like at a standstill), and then puny 44kg/h MAX with NO boost at all while in 3rd gear... But then you pressed accelerator pedal JUST to 18% while in 3rd, so who knows...

So if mas air flow disconnect does hot help, make PROPER logs and PRESS THE GAS seriously while doing that in 3rd!

P.S. Usually flashing removes tuning fully.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
21-01-2024, 12:09 PM,
I had the same problem smile When use e-sys, you write only flash, it does not touch the eeprom. I tried to flash the ecu again with e-sys, it didn't help. I unplugged the ABS sensors and tried everything. I finally solved the problem. The problem was a faulty eeprom dump. I write the original eeprom from another ECU, changed the ISN and VIN. The car came back to life smile

Here good eeprom from f10 n55, pass pm:

dump.txt
Downloaded: 7 times
Size: 73 bytes

NCD 2.0 Secure Code (with change typecode, fa) | CARPLAY activation ENTRYNAV2,EVO,MGU | remote coding BMW & Mini | AOS online access (does not sell access to aos) | FeatureInstaller Codes  
------- Whatsapp  hi +48739004499 -------
[+] 1 user says Thank You to maksymw for this post
21-01-2024, 17:45 PM,
(21-01-2024, 09:23 AM)Node Wrote:  Your post is NOT too long, it is MUCH too short.

You should EXPLAIN which log contains what. Now we need to spend SIGNIFICANT time to figure out ourselves even to BEGIN comprehending what is in the logs...

Then the problem with like 90% of data in the log ARE ZEROES!!! No fuel pressure data, boost data are ALLMOST all ZEROES too. Does that mean your boost is faulty or just data logger issue??? I have no idea. So have no idea too what you used to make logs, but its TOTAL CRAP. Use ISTA expert mode and make PROPER logs.

From like 5 or 6 somewhat useful numbers which are NOT zeroes IMHO you could try disconnecting air mass sensor... On one sheet you have >100kg/h air mass and some boost pressure just revving (what looks like at a standstill), and then puny 44kg/h MAX with NO boost at all while in 3rd gear... But then you pressed accelerator pedal JUST to 18% while in 3rd, so who knows...

So if mas air flow disconnect does hot help, make PROPER logs and PRESS THE GAS seriously while doing that in 3rd!

P.S. Usually flashing removes tuning fully.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am using bimmerlink to capture logs and some parameters are not recorded/available so reports zero. I will try ISTA expert mode and make another log with wide open throttle. I've never tried expert mode in ISTA+ before. How do I enable it? I tried searching but haven't found anything useful yet.
21-01-2024, 17:48 PM,
Given maksymw had experience with broken eeprom data you could try his suggestion. I have not seen cases where tuning can't be removed by flashing, but there may be such cases...
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
21-01-2024, 18:00 PM,
Probably, reading your report of having already updated the dme, it is almost certain that you have a problem with incorrect power class coding in the CAS or even a CKS error in the CAS module

Whatsapp: +55 21964096102
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Vtech_BR for this post
21-01-2024, 18:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 21-01-2024, 18:29 PM by Nixer.)
(21-01-2024, 12:09 PM)maksymw Wrote:  I had the same problem smile When use e-sys, you write only flash, it does not touch the eeprom. I tried to flash the ecu again with e-sys, it didn't help. I unplugged the ABS sensors and tried everything. I finally solved the problem. The problem was a faulty eeprom dump. I write the original eeprom from another ECU, changed the ISN and VIN. The car came back to life smile

Here good eeprom from f10 n55, pass pm:

Thanks. Sent you a PM for the password.
When you say unlplugged the ABS sensors, you mean all the 4 wheel speed sensors? I get correct speed info from all 4 but can't hurt to try it.

(21-01-2024, 18:00 PM)Vtech_BR Wrote:  Probably, reading your report of having already updated the dme, it is almost certain that you have a problem with incorrect power class coding in the CAS or even a CKS error in the CAS module

I have updated all other modules to the latest, except CAS. Should I go ahead and update the CAS module also via ISTA or esys? Any precautions I should take when updating CAS?
21-01-2024, 18:42 PM,
Power class will not cause a case like this.. Don't take into account my suggestion about ABS sensors because I have tried every way to find out why the car is going to a certain speed and I don't want to accelerate even 1 mph more. I am 100% sure that after uploading the eeprom the car will be repaired. If you want, you can send me your ISN and VIN by PM and I will convert the eeprom for your car.

NCD 2.0 Secure Code (with change typecode, fa) | CARPLAY activation ENTRYNAV2,EVO,MGU | remote coding BMW & Mini | AOS online access (does not sell access to aos) | FeatureInstaller Codes  
------- Whatsapp  hi +48739004499 -------
21-01-2024, 21:11 PM,
I don't see the expert mode option in ISTA+ for my car. Not sure why. So I did another log with bimmerlink. Not sure if there is enough information to make a determination. Please take a look and let me know if you find anything interesting.

If there is another app I can use to log better data, please suggest.

Attached Files
datalog-2024-01-21-18.txt
Downloaded: 2 times
Size: 62 bytes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kafas issue aftrer ACC Retrofit It3_Magic 14 598 23-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: It3_Magic
  TMS FRM3 F10 Coding issue mj_mj_mj 17 1,930 16-04-2024, 09:30 AM
Last Post: user_530d
XZBMW BMW G32 6 GT - Central Lock Issue DaBotta 3 184 06-04-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Volum
  The issue from the seventh circle of hell,,, 530d mj_mj_mj 18 1,184 27-03-2024, 14:07 PM
Last Post: ____ANGEL___
  I020 esys connection issue mcrussell 6 321 25-03-2024, 23:35 PM
Last Post: vanos
XZBMW bmw e90 a731 terminal 30g_f idrive no power mercuris 5 235 23-03-2024, 16:03 PM
Last Post: mercuris
  Engine swap E60 535d --> E61 530d coding advice requested Stratofortress 9 405 23-03-2024, 14:59 PM
Last Post: Simoniak
XZBMW Harman Kardon Most issue F10 Satia 3 210 14-03-2024, 07:09 AM
Last Post: vikro2000
  6WB Retrofit Issue painsage 5 334 06-03-2024, 17:02 PM
Last Post: painsage
  Ista D issue with VCX SE stjansdal 6 319 05-03-2024, 16:51 PM
Last Post: Transauto