Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

PATAC and DPS questions
26-01-2024, 11:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2024, 09:38 AM by roanoke.)
PATAC and DPS questions
Hi

What are these programs for?

What will I actually do with PATAC?
What will I actually do with DPS?
Do these programs come with calibration files?
Are calibration files needed for these programs?
Please explain.
Thanks

I have an Opel Mariva 2014 and I need to change the VIN number in the power steering controller. Which program will I use to do this?
Or maybe both? Do I need any calibration files for this?

Please let me know

and

What does it mean

Global-B
Global - A
Type 4?
?
Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2024, 15:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 26-01-2024, 15:28 PM by pupu144.)
RE: PATAC and DPS suestions
Q: What are these programs for?
A: For configurating and flashing various ECU modules in GM vehicles.

Q: What will I actually do with PATAC / DPS?
A: Flash control units, change parameters, configure modules, modify anti-theft/security measures (VIN, PIN change, theft lock remove, etc)

Q: Do these programs come with calibration files?
A: No.

Q: Are calibration files needed for these programs?
A: Yes, also XML files.

Q: I need to change the VIN number in the power steering controller. Which program will I use to do this?
A: You can do this with DPS. If it's a new/virginized controller - can be done with SPS2 too.

Q: Do I need any calibration files for this?
A: Short answer - yes. But it's a bit more complex than that.

Q: What does it mean Global-B / Global-A
A: Vehicle's control unit network platform. B is newer and more complex/advanced/secured that A.

Q: Type 4?
A: Just a name for applets inside DPS which can do various task they are programmed to do.

In short, DPS is just a TOOL. You won't achieve anything without appropriate RESOURCES (files).
[+] 4 users say Thank You to pupu144 for this post
07-02-2024, 10:43 AM,
RE: PATAC and DPS questions
I read somewhere that the PATAC program does not need any files to change the VIN in my case.

Is it true?

Who has PATAC for sale?
07-02-2024, 12:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-02-2024, 13:01 PM by roanoke.)
I read somewhere that the PATAC program does not need any files to change the VIN in my case.

Is it true?

1. Can PATAC change the old VIN to the new VIN in PSCM without additional/special files?
2. Does PATAC work without the need for calibration files or other XML's?
3. Do the PATAC program also need any files that will be needed to change the VIN in PSCM?

Who has PATAC for sale?
07-02-2024, 15:11 PM,
Seems like you don't understand..

PATAC is basically a rebranded/reskinned version of GM DPS for, you've guessed it, PATAC vehicles..
It does have a bit more user-friendly UI, though.

It *may* have some extra files included with installation which enhance stock functionality in comparison to DPS. But it still can and can't do the same as OG DPS app.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to pupu144 for this post