Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Wiring diagrams
14-07-2015, 19:34 PM,
Wiring diagrams
I feel stupid for asking this but.....

I want to browse wiring diagrams for my E92 M3. I have the latest ISTA/D installed and working but I don't know how to access the diagrams and pin outs of components.

I have SSP / STA / PIB selected in the filter view.

Can someone give me a quick explanation of what I'm missing?

TIA

Email: [email protected]  Skype: [email protected]
HU Engineering Tool
MGU Engineering Tool - now with field update mode via Feature Installer.
Coding 2.0
Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2015, 21:01 PM,
RE: Wiring diagrams
It's not easy to access.... usually you have to follow a certain ABL first (connected with the car)... And in that ABL you can see the wiring diagram...You can do it in another way, but that's not easy if you don't use Ista/d on a regulare base.. Don't know what you are looking for, maybey i can help....

Greets Patrick
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Patrick11021979 for this post
14-07-2015, 23:23 PM,
First item I'm looking for is the EDC-K controller wiring and connector pinouts. Specifically I have a 2008 E92 M3.

Beyond that, I'd like to be able to find wiring diagrams and connector pinouts for other ECUs etc.

HU Engineering Tool
Coding 2.0
15-07-2015, 02:55 AM,
I think I found how to get wiring and pinouts. Had to dig around but for anyone else wondering:

Enter VIN (or read out data)
Select Vehicle Management
Select Troubleshooting
Select Component Structure

and voila!!

Thanks for making me look a little more deeply.

HU Engineering Tool
Coding 2.0
15-07-2015, 05:37 AM,
(14-07-2015, 23:23 PM)pshoey Wrote:  First item I'm looking for is the EDC-K controller wiring and connector pinouts. Specifically I have a 2008 E92 M3. Beyond that, I'd like to be able to find wiring diagrams and connector pinouts for other ECUs etc.

First of all for a better understanding of ISTA take a look in the NEW section (Contents and Notes) at the beginning.

There you will find:
NEW! 2. Explanation of content and handling of diagnosis documents in ISTA [more ...]
(The NEWS section is for reading (dont missunderstand it!) In the old DIS it was much more different, sometimes you never found something, in TIS too.)

Information:
- Functional wiring diagram (identifier SSP-SSP): Wiring diagrams that are embedded in the function structure.

- Component wiring diagram (identifier SSP-BTS): Wiring diagrams that are embedded in the component structure.

- Installation location (identifier EBO-EBO): Graphics that are embedded in the component structure.

- Connector view (identifier STA-STA): Graphics that are embedded in the component structure.

- Pin assignment (identifier PIB-PIB): Documents that are embedded in the component structure.

- Functional description (identifier FUB-FUB): Documents that are embedded in the function structure.

- Component description (identifier FUB-FUB); documents that are embedded in the component structure.

With this information select your car, if you offline you can do this manually.

Operations, Input VIN, Information Search (right lower field), Test Search, Search in Document, enter the things zou are locking for and push start search.

Follow the strings with the SSP Extension and you will find schematics.
You will find in the search also complete explanations of the system, very useful to understand how it works.

At the moment sometimes not all schematics are still complete.

If you have installed a PDF software, print direct in it and you can save the informations outside. In some cases if you work with Adobe Acrobat you can put additional informations in it. Sometimes useful after a couple of month.

Hope this helps for you.

Regards,
B1257
[+] 2 users say Thank You to B1257 for this post

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  E60 pre LCI, wiring in adaptive xenon to xenon loom GoNz0- 5 186 24-03-2024, 23:27 PM
Last Post: NeRkO20
XZBMW Request G30 LCI front headlight wiring diagram Satia 1 130 10-03-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: qbek90
XZBMW Help with BMW wiring diagram explanation da.2022 3 234 11-12-2023, 21:14 PM
Last Post: da.2022
  BMW E90 FRM1 to FRM3 LCI conversion swap wiring BimmerSLO 0 154 08-12-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: BimmerSLO
  nbt evo to obd2 wiring E series Fx82 8 838 22-08-2023, 19:38 PM
Last Post: Fx82
XZBMW where i can found the wires diagrams for an SZL ? Fraizer 6 513 19-05-2023, 22:07 PM
Last Post: Fraizer
XSMini F30 Towbar / Trailer Hitch wiring retrofit viki300 5 404 25-01-2023, 12:57 PM
Last Post: viki300
  E70 base seats to comfort retrofit wiring AlpineF30 2 309 02-12-2022, 19:14 PM
Last Post: dumitru.o
  m57 e60 wiring in to Patrol haty 1 324 26-10-2022, 15:43 PM
Last Post: haty
  BMW E34 wiring diagrams needed lustek 2 303 08-10-2022, 17:28 PM
Last Post: Spitfire555