Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

AOS BMW and SERMI
10-04-2024, 14:41 PM,
AOS BMW and SERMI
I horribly noticed today that i should sertify to SERMi in my country (in EU).
That sertify process takes time and will cost several hundreds in a year, giving me nothing.
My question. have anyboby already sertified Your company and will AOS work at all without it?
I did a ISTA/P programming, it went ok, but when I tried one ABL in ISTA/NEXT there was one schematic where i tried to look in deeper, it sopped and urged me to install Dindetify in to my phone but that failed because missing SERMI.
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2024, 15:35 PM,
RE: AOS BMW and SERMI
Hello, I have the sermi approval but aos hasn't asked me about it yet, I'm from Germany, so I think it's only a matter of time before I have to identify myself with sermi and the IDnow app
[+] 1 user says Thank You to MINIGP1610 for this post
10-04-2024, 15:43 PM,
Given SERMI has RMI in it's name, does anyone know is that all garages will need it or only those wanting to do RMI?
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Node for this post
10-04-2024, 15:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2024, 16:06 PM by Esysx.)
Dear AOS-Users,

we would like to inform you that the SERMI scheme is mandatory for users from the following countries starting April 1st:
Austria (new)
Belgium (new)
Germany (new)
Luxembourg (new)
The Netherlands (new)
Portugal (new)
Spain (new)
Norway
Denmark
Finland
Sweden

It will be all Eu countries for all oem brands eventually

10-04-2024, 16:32 PM,
For what do you need this exactly?
Can't find any clear examples. Do you need it for flashing? Do you need it for service functions? etc .

MGU virgin and patching in Europa.
Secure coding 2.0
Feature installer codes
10-04-2024, 16:34 PM,
It depends on what oem see as security related topics, so could be test plans , wiring diagram, flashing etc.

[+] 2 users say Thank You to Esysx for this post
12-04-2024, 07:18 AM,
(10-04-2024, 16:32 PM)Fx82 Wrote:  For what do you need this exactly?
Can't find any clear examples. Do you need it for flashing? Do you need it for service functions? etc .

Good question.
I flashed one E- series yesterday and everything went well.
I Read fault codes, no problem.
After I run one ABL (LIN bus failure related) in ABL schematic I tried to open one connection, then that QR-code thing popped out (cannot continue further).
I sent a message to helpdesk and they claimed that I can continue working as normal and there will be no restrictions. Nope!. I replied but I haven't got any real answer yet.
I flash customers cars only with AOS, so to me that's the only one, I must to have.
For diagnosting & coding i can live with BU & BMWTools & Rheingold etc.
SERMI is actually good for small shops who like to separate them from "half criminal" tax cheater etc companies.
I can have that sertificate, no problem, but is a bit too expencive as my business is so low anymore.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to jaki for this post
12-04-2024, 09:17 AM,
(12-04-2024, 07:18 AM)jaki Wrote:  
(10-04-2024, 16:32 PM)Fx82 Wrote:  For what do you need this exactly?

Good question.
I flashed one E- series yesterday and everything went well.
I Read fault codes, no problem.
After I run one ABL (LIN bus failure related) in ABL schematic I tried to open one connection, then that QR-code thing popped out (cannot continue further).
I sent a message to helpdesk and they claimed that I can continue working as normal and there will be no restrictions. Nope!. I replied but I haven't got any real answer yet.
I flash customers cars only with AOS, so to me that's the only one, I must to have.
For diagnosting & coding i can live with BU & BMWTools & Rheingold etc.
SERMI is actually good for small shops who like to separate them from "half criminal" tax cheater etc companies.
I can have that sertificate, no problem, but is a bit too expencive as my business is so low anymore.
what module and car model you got the SERMI notification? i have yet to see it on AOS ISTA so im curious when/where its shown

12-04-2024, 17:17 PM,
I received the newsletter from BMW that there will be a new AOS portal in April 2024.
13-04-2024, 13:16 PM,
(12-04-2024, 09:17 AM)RaoulK1998 Wrote:  what module and car model you got the SERMI notification? i have yet to see it on AOS ISTA so im curious when/where its shown

E60 530i LCI 2007, so very rare model rofl 

As previous posters wrote, I assume it maybe can popup without any logic.
If I can imagine for the furure, all high voltage, driver assistance etc things might be possible areas. Just thinking.

I will flash in coming week one E90. Eventough it is only to flash stock, I will as curiosity to look some ABL's, if there will popup such QR-code askings.