Unfortunately we do not accept new members for free, Now Registration cost 30€, if you are interesting Send Email to [email protected]

Solved ✔ ISTA-P Importing Activation Code
04-09-2015, 19:53 PM,
XZBMW  ISTA-P Importing Activation Code
SOLUTION IN POST 14

Hello Together,

today i tried ISTAP for the first time on my E91 VFL. Why ISTA-P ? Just because im Cursious about it.

But now i have question. After starting it made a measures plan, someting with my CAS module and my EPS.

For my EPS module it said something about Importing FSC code. Like i said im owning a E91 2008/06 model, so no facelift version. I used to think that I only need a FSC for the FL version to activate the Servotronic. Can it be that i need a FSC for the Servotronic because my car got a full firmware update on all modules ?

How can i get a FSC code ? And how can i import an activation code?

Thanks everybody smile

SOLUTION IN POST 14
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 17:09 PM,
RE: ISTA-P Importing Activation Code
Hi mate,

Ista/P restores the FSC codes after a full frimware update.
I never had any issue for EPS, yet I didn't know that a pre facelift had servotronic I tought only hydrolic power steering?

You only need to import fsc for EPS if you do a retrofit and then you need to get the code from bmw (it cannot be genereted). Importing the fsc can be done with apps like esys and also with ista/p. You put the fsc file on a blank fat32 usb (this always works) and put it on your laptop or ista/p pc. It atomatic imports them, if not you can chose "Import enabling codes" at a submenu.

But like I said if you didn't replace anything Ista/P stores and restores the FSC codes without any problem.
[+] 4 users say Thank You to szr for this post
05-09-2015, 23:11 PM,
Hello thanks for the reply,

I think you misunderstood me, I didn't do anything then just connect to istap that's all.

But for the Servotronic I didn't have this feature from the beginning. I just had the normal steering. But the First series had, as far as I know, standard electronic steering. So same parts as the Servotronic. At least my car has those parts. I always read everywhere that I can code my car to Servotronik just by adding the 216 into the cars features list. I thought there is no FSC needed for the Series till 09/2008.

That's why I was surprised when istap said something about activation code.

So if I need one, I just code it out again since I don't wanna buy it
06-09-2015, 00:06 AM,
Are you sure it didnt want an IBAC enable code? Not FSC... they are different,
06-09-2015, 00:17 AM,
No....IBAC for CIC.
He needs the Repair Enabling Code. He needs to ask someone at dealer to down load the Repair Enabling Code.

Hope this help,
06-09-2015, 07:33 AM,
(05-09-2015, 23:11 PM)mahxds Wrote:  Hello thanks for the reply,

I think you misunderstood me, I didn't do anything then just connect to istap that's all.

But for the Servotronic I didn't have this feature from the beginning. I just had the normal steering. But the First series had, as far as I know, standard electronic steering. So same parts as the Servotronic. At least my car has those parts. I always read everywhere that I can code my car to Servotronik just by adding the 216 into the cars features list. I thought there is no FSC needed for the Series till 09/2008.

That's why I was surprised when istap said something about activation code.

So if I need one, I just code it out again since I don't wanna buy it

I think you need for E series only Ibac code to retrofit Servotronic. FSC is needed by the F series by servotronic. I'm not sure abot that.

What I'm sure about is that the servotronic retrofit orginally comes only from facelift e91. Also I'm sure you need IBAC code to code it what it someling like adding 216 vo list.

here's note from BMWfans and Etk part number 32102159383

Supplement
This optional equipment can only be Retrofitted by way of an IBAC code which Is generated by BMW Headquarters. (Note: IBAC code only valid for 30 days After being created) - Order the specified part number We will generate the necessary Encoding without delay and send this To the mail address you have Specified

If they somehow retrofitted a EPS on your car with servotronic and its working well, then it should have alreaddy imported the Ibac code or your Vo list is already updated.

Yet again if it done properly Ista/P Can restore all the codes.

if this is a question about CIC fsc codes, I would only perform frimware update with expert modes and do nothing to you cic system.
The way that one works is different (three way hand shake mode) but thats off topic.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to szr for this post
06-09-2015, 14:02 PM,
Well so I just saw that the istap loader has a ibac generator, so can I use this to activate the Servotronic?

And how would I import the ibac code?
06-09-2015, 15:42 PM,
Yes you can. Just need the id for servotrinic. Which it will give you in ista. The vin mber. And put the date a few days from now.
06-09-2015, 16:04 PM,
(06-09-2015, 14:02 PM)mahxds Wrote:  Well so I just saw that the istap loader has a ibac generator, so can I use this to activate the Servotronic?

Have a look at section 15 of the manual that's in loader v4.3.

IBAC codes generated by the loader are valid for 30 days.
[+] 6 users say Thank You to beemerboy88 for this post
07-09-2015, 05:10 AM,
(06-09-2015, 14:02 PM)mahxds Wrote:  Well so I just saw that the istap loader has a ibac generator, so can I use this to activate the Servotronic?

id for servotronic is: Conversion, Servotronic 0047
you can generate with the vin code of your car with the Ibac generator. If you have an old version of the generator you need to give Expiration date so chose like a week of 2 week after the day is created.

You just load the Ibac code in ista P I think last sub menu it was.

but then again if you already have working servotronic and you have the option in you VO and the car.

I dont think you need to put Ibac code everytime you programming the car. nospeak

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
XZBMW REQUEST FSC CODE muskatas 4,335 377,513 9 hours ago
Last Post: harry015
XZBMW Update ISTA at once 4.43.40 (ISTA Update Program) charlesjyw 40 8,378 11 hours ago
Last Post: hulahans
XZBMW MGU Apple CarPlay Activation Bavrian 18 5,643 Yesterday, 21:28 PM
Last Post: LogiHuś
XZBMW ISTA Standalone Licenserequest up to v4.37.4x Sedoy 8,756 695,066 Yesterday, 18:27 PM
Last Post: 2013m5
XZBMW Re-Enabling CarPlay on 2022 BMW with 6P1 code (MGU ID7) itonus 6 358 Yesterday, 07:05 AM
Last Post: itonus
  Lowering g05 lci with ista Zenel6GT 14 611 24-05-2024, 16:01 PM
Last Post: NeRkO20
XZBMW Requesting ISTA-P VO.xmldb for this VIN: WMWZB3C57CWM30715 BMWF01 2 88 24-05-2024, 14:43 PM
Last Post: BMWF01
XZBMW ISTA 4.46.xx problems and possible solution Sedoy 116 14,912 24-05-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: NeRkO20
XZBMW ISTA 4.47.3x I-LEVEL+OVERVIEW AutoExe3219 0 153 23-05-2024, 22:24 PM
Last Post: AutoExe3219
  G82 Cannot Code Seat Module MatthewLC 12 345 23-05-2024, 17:47 PM
Last Post: Thorsten