CarTechnoloGY

Full Version: How reset "VGT Module" with ISTA-D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

BMW 730D X-Drive (BMW F01, Facelift) 2014, 186.000 KM.

My X-Drive transfer case started throwing the "Error 440102" - Oil wear at 186.000 KM. I have changed the oil, but I am not able getting rid of the error code on the "VGT Module".
(07-06-2016, 20:21 PM)BMWLorenz Wrote: [ -> ]Dear all,

My X-Drive transfer case started throwing the "Error 440102" - Oil wear at 186.000 KM. I have changed the oil, but I am not able getting rid of the error code on the "VGT Module".
Service Plan
Drive
Transfer case
ABL
Follow on screen instructions of next next next you are done

Thank you,

Will try tomorrow.
(07-06-2016, 20:21 PM)BMWLorenz Wrote: [ -> ]Dear all,

Bmwlorenz if you're using the latest ISTA+ 3.55.11 or higher the setup is this

Vehicle Management

Service Function

Power Train

Transfer Box Transmission Control Unit

Transfer Box (VTG): Calibration
No I have ISTAD 3.54.30.

Will wait for ISTA 4, and than I will buy the fully pakket by Thomas.
The both instructions don't help to clear the VGT error.
The module is still blinking yellow.
(08-06-2016, 17:04 PM)BMWLorenz Wrote: [ -> ]The both instructions don't help to clear the VGT error.

Can you post a video or screen shots why it's not allowing to do so?
(08-06-2016, 17:04 PM)BMWLorenz Wrote: [ -> ]The both instructions don't help to clear the VGT error.

You must first reset the adaptation of VTG Clutch and than you can.

Bhartv

Hi there. Just resuming this thread. I have a BMW X5 E70 and have the latest version of ISTA D and am using ICOM.

I also have a yellow VTG Oil wear icon on ISTA D that I just can't get rid of and would appreciate some help on please.

I have basically done some on-line searching and it seems there are 2 things that you need to do in order to clear this error. I have tried them both and the adaptation values have been reset successfully using ICOM but when I go back into ISTA to do a Vehicle test, I annoyingly am still getting the VTG Oil wear 54C6 error present in yellow!

Here are the two tests done already - am I missing anything?

1. Vehicle management -> Service functions -> Power train -> Transfer box transmission control unit -> Oil change

2. Vehicle management -> Service functions -> Power train -> Transmission Control -> Adjustment ->Display and rest adaptation values -> Option 2 reset adaptation values