CarTechnoloGY
BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE (/showthread.php?tid=11300)

Pages: 1 2 3

BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - eliaselias - 13-11-2015

Hello i want to ask for the best way to remove the needle without breaking the motor:
-some say to push up the needle
-some other say to turn counter clock and then to push up
can you tell me what is the best way and how to install them

i have remove many needle from different dash ... after installing them i feel that the needle move hardly not like original.. how to fix this

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - zckariya70 - 13-11-2015

Very intresting how many years , u r doing odometer ? or just started ? new to odo ?

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - teerak2uk - 13-11-2015

(13-11-2015, 13:48 PM)eliaselias Wrote:  Hello i want to ask for the best way to remove the needle without breaking the motor:

i have remove many needle from different dash ... after installing them i feel that the needle move hardly not like original.. how to fix this
Different ways for different clocks

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - eliaselias - 13-11-2015

(13-11-2015, 14:10 PM)zckariya70 Wrote:  Very intresting how many years , u r doing odometer ? or just started ? new to odo ?

no i am not new (i am working since 2 years ) ... 90% of dash that iam adjusting doesn't need to remove needle

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - Reshi - 13-11-2015

All the dashes have different methods of removal and if demaged different methods of fixing wink

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - eliaselias - 13-11-2015

(13-11-2015, 14:17 PM)teerak2uk Wrote:  
(13-11-2015, 13:48 PM)eliaselias Wrote:  Hello i want to ask for the best way to remove the needle without breaking the motor:

i would like to know your experience

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - Dash_Burner - 13-11-2015

(13-11-2015, 18:52 PM)eliaselias Wrote:  
(13-11-2015, 14:17 PM)teerak2uk Wrote:  

i would like to know your experience

Best way to remove most needles (not all) is turning clockwise and pull up (same time). But its better to learn how to fix crcked motors cause sometimes even if you do it the right way the motor brakes.

For example if remove needles from a peugeot 207 with the way i told you sometimes motor unbuckles. You have to learn how to fix it cause its repairable.
Another example is a fiat grande punto needles which has different motors and if you try to remove the needles by turning them clockwise 99% you will brake the stopper of the needle which is in the motor. Even this damage is repairable without removing or dissasembling motor.

I hope i helped a little but you can ask for different cars and if i know i can tell you

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - rs@chip - 13-11-2015

Is posible to say us repairable methods when motor break?Like you sayed diferent dash diferent methods and Iven with all profesionall tools and expiriance the motor sometimes broke..thanks

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - jcgabbi - 14-11-2015

One method ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtPUXcQwLjo

More...

RE: BEST WAY TO RAMOVE ODOMETER NEEDLE - cubica - 14-11-2015

Perhaps is better way to start learn how to fix needles problem smile ...this is picture from P207 VDO dash (for example) ..most common failure..needle shaft is out of the system ..
rgds,
cuby

and this is for Jaeger common fault,

rgds,
cuby