CarTechnoloGY
CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! (/showthread.php?tid=12004)

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - WhiteAndBlue - 21-02-2017

I've updated an 4.74 with what @ombra shared, software is launching but when I try to access,for ex Delco HSFI ECM, the interface disconnects and I'm getting "No response from unit". With 4.74 bin,lib and software was working fine. Any tips how to fix this?

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - dil6222 - 22-02-2017

Hello the key you provided works but am having trouble with the actual program it asked me for key the first time which I entered and must of accepted but carprog won't start gives me error can't create process do you want to search yes or no if I select yes It opens file opening small window showing contents of carprog folder I tried selecting carprog exe but says file size incorrect. and to make things worse it won't go back to activation key screen even if I delete cp folder and then reextract the rar file it still comes up same when trying to open exe again.

So activation screen is totally gone even if I unrar and run carprog again any ideas?

And could do with link for software again also please smile

(21-02-2017, 21:39 PM)WhiteAndBlue Wrote:  I've updated an 4.74 with what @ombra shared, software is launching but when I try to access,for ex Delco HSFI ECM, the interface disconnects and I'm getting "No response from unit". With 4.74 bin,lib and software was working fine. Any tips how to fix this?

Hello smile

What mods have you done on carprog board ?

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - WhiteAndBlue - 22-02-2017

Hi dil6222, no mods. Do I have to mod the board? Thanks

Also you need carprog.vws file next to the loader and modify .ini file to launch this file. You can find the link to download it in attach.

(22-02-2017, 15:40 PM)WhiteAndBlue Wrote:  Hi dil6222, no mods. Do I have to mod the board? Thanks

Also you need carprog.vws file next to the loader and modify .ini file to launch this file. You can find the link to download it in attach.

Lovely cheers for files and if you have clone mods to the board help for generall reading 1 of the main ones is to change the 4 74Hc125d for 74hc125m but they are probably not fix for the firmware/software your having I shouldn,t think but they are good to do anyway smile.

Heres link to thread for mods http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=11317

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - domelec - 22-02-2017

Antivirus software will flag this .ws file as a virus and delete it

(22-02-2017, 16:41 PM)domelec Wrote:  Antivirus software will flag this .ws file as a virus and delete it

Hmm I'm not running antivirus I don't even have it installed.

Can you confirm the best serial and lib file to run for 8.21 at this time and best software m8 ?

And does anybody know if hardware test should work as I get CRC error delete lib file and make internet update but can still read ecus etc

I've fixed it, program it on another PC and now it's working.

BTW this version still have a counter?

(22-02-2017, 17:15 PM)WhiteAndBlue Wrote:  I've fixed it, program it on another PC and now it's working.

BTW this version still have a counter?

hmm I have seen on here somewhere that there may be one but I haven't had it happen with 8.21 so far.

someone will know smile also what are you using to program carprog JTAG wiggler or jlink ?

smile LPT adapter from package. Jlink is on the way, hard to find another pc/laptop with parallel port these days.

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - dil6222 - 23-02-2017

(22-02-2017, 16:49 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  
(22-02-2017, 16:41 PM)domelec Wrote:  Antivirus software will flag this .ws file as a virus and delete it

Hmm I'm not running antivirus I don't even have it installed.

Can you confirm the best serial and lib file to run for 8.21 at this time and best software m8 ?

And does anybody know if hardware test should work as I get CRC error delete lib file and make internet update but can still read ecus etc

All sorted needed the wws file but don't know how it got deleted with no antivirus smile