CarTechnoloGY
CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! (/showthread.php?tid=12004)

CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - mikroel - 24-04-2017

Yes you are right there is difference between them . yes

"D" work down to -40 Celsius
"M" work down to -55 Celsius
[/quote]

But temperature can't be the only difference between them. Difference in temperature will cause that Carprog is not reading microprocessors etc? It sounds primitive.

As i said earlier 74HC125D and 74HC125M are the same regarding carprog problem,They are both TTL chips with the same characteristic

74HCT125 is different chip ,it is CMOS technology and it is right solution for carprog problem.
"D", "M", "F" .... it is just ... never mind ,forget that

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - domelec - 24-04-2017

I will always try to help others if I can.
And when you read a lot about changing parts you always read for carprog to change to m and then others say hct so what I'm saying is the info is there to read yourself and others too just some can't see it

For the record you don't have to replace all the 74xx
And you can even use the same 74hc125d piggybacked

I would also just like to add that I offer a repair service only and before I do, I always try to get the person to do the work themselves if they can.
I will always try to help someone if they want help this is just my nature.

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - docker - 29-04-2017

Any one have idea reading millage on audi a6 2008 throws error unknown a6/q7 version via obd

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - Enabled - 02-05-2017

(05-04-2017, 15:41 PM)Enabled Wrote:  
(05-04-2017, 15:34 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  Pretty sure its connected that hole has a via like I said which is small metal ring pressed in the hole and connects to other side its just been covered by greencoat if you check I'm sure its in ground plane not separate padsmile but as you say check with voltmeter to be sure.

Enabled let me and domelec know the results smile

Will do. I have 2 of these, that I will flash to 8.21.

My original one (from 2 years ago), I had to lift the pin, and I was a bit timid about it, as I never did something that small before successfully. But it went well.whew

I flashed 2 of these Carprogs without lifting the pin. I just soldered thin wire directly to the hole. It erased correctly, and wrote new flash just fine.

On newer style Carprog, no need to lift pin, no need to cut tract.

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - dil6222 - 02-05-2017

(02-05-2017, 19:31 PM)Enabled Wrote:  
(05-04-2017, 15:34 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  Pretty sure its connected that hole has a via like I said which is small metal ring pressed in the hole and connects to other side its just been covered by greencoat if you check I'm sure its in ground plane not separate padsmile but as you say check with voltmeter to be sure.

My original one (from 2 years ago), I had to lift the pin, and I was a bit timid about it, as I never did something that small before successfully. But it went well.whew

I flashed 2 of these Carprogs without lifting the pin. I just soldered thin wire directly to the hole. It erased correctly, and wrote new flash just fine.

Lovely that's what we like to hear cheers smile thanks for testing smile

(24-04-2017, 21:49 PM)domelec Wrote:  I will always try to help others if I can.
And when you read a lot about changing parts you always read for carprog to change to m and then others say hct so what I'm saying is the info is there to read yourself and others too just some can't see it

For the record you don't have to replace all the 74xx
And you can even use the same 74hc125d piggybacked

I would also just like to add I offer a repair service only and before I do, I always try to get the person to do the work themselves if they can.
I will always try to help someone if they want help this is just my nature.

People would do well to listen to you domelec your a very helpful knowledgeable member and it helps keep this place going smile

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - Enabled - 03-05-2017

For sale, brand new, never opened.

It just so happened that my wires had enough. nerd

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - dil6222 - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 04:54 AM)Enabled Wrote:  For sale, brand new, never opened.

It just so happened that my wires had enough. nerd

Haha ive seen this before funny smile

CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - Smog - 03-05-2017

Hy
How you flash it ?
Using jtag or other methods?

Mine is dead so i wont try to fix it

Thnx

RE: CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - dil6222 - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 16:42 PM)Smog Wrote:  

Hy
How you flash it ?

Thnx

Hello you can use a JTAG wiggler or Jlink all instructions are here on this thread somewhere you have to erase MCU using the via/through hole connected to pin55 then program smile
If you get stuck let me know and I will help.

CarProg All Questions/Answers Here! - Smog - 03-05-2017

(03-05-2017, 18:53 PM)dil6222 Wrote:  
(03-05-2017, 16:42 PM)Smog Wrote:  

Hy
How you flash it ?

Thnx

Hello you can use a JTAG wiggler or Jlink all instructions are here on this thread somewhere you have to erase MCU using the via/through hole connected to pin55 then program smile
If you get stuck let me know and I will help.

Did normal jtag kable on lpt port will do it ?
Jtag with 100 ohm inside?