CarTechnoloGY
Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status (/showthread.php?tid=13659)

Pages: 1 2

Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - mik325tds - 28-02-2016

After researching this subject a while, it looks like Rheingold 3.50.10 is known for this problem, but now I also tried Rheingold 3.53.13 (Thanks to Spider80) and Rheingold 3.53.30 (Thanks to Beemerboy88).
All three versions only show a "-" next to the KL15 and and KL30 status.
My cable works fine as INPA shows KL30 and Ignition status just fine.
Any ideas on what the problem could be?

RE: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - KaiO - 28-02-2016

With ICOM there's no problem, so the fault must be your cable, I think. Even if it's working with INPA. ..

RE: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - Select25 - 28-02-2016

I think it's normal if you use an USB or ENET Interface with Ediabas.ini config.
I have the same by using an Do it Auto Interface. ENET with LAN config in ISTA works for me and shows kl.15 and 30

RE: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - mik325tds - 28-02-2016

Thanks guys. I am using an USB cable. Unfortunately, I don't have an ICOM cable but will try with a CANbox soon.
I'm trying to adjust the ride height sensor of a S1000R and it is always giving me an error that the system voltage is too low even though we are keeping it above 13.5V.
I'm wondering if these two problems are related...

RE: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - ccfj1 - 29-02-2016

Depends on which us lead you have, if you have the blue lead (modded VAG lead), then no power readings, if you have the clear lead (bmw power sensing lead), then you get the power readings.

I have both but only ever use the clear lead.

RE: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - Marcos - 29-02-2016

(29-02-2016, 16:25 PM)ccfj1 Wrote:  Depends on which us lead you have, if you have the blue lead (modded VAG lead), then no power readings, if you have the clear lead (bmw power sensing lead), then you get the power readings.

I have both but only ever use the clear lead.

Please show us a screenshot were your ISTA get the power readings using your clear lead. And maybe a picture from inside of your clear lead too.
AFAIK none of the actual K-DCAN leads are able to show voltage readings into ISTA but I might be wrong.
Thanks!

RE: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - mik325tds - 29-02-2016

I've tried both, the clear lead cable as well as the one from one-stop electronics that is supposed to be able to read KL15 status. Neither one of them work for the KL15/30 status on Rheingold but do show the status in INPA.
I have now also tried direct CAN connection with a Vector CANcase but also don't get the KL15 status in Rheingold.

RE: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - egyclick - 03-03-2016

I can tell you for sure that the KL 15 / 30 will only show values if you use ICOM, the rest that say the opposite shouldn't give wrong information

RE: Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - ninja_zx11 - 04-03-2016

(29-02-2016, 23:51 PM)mik325tds Wrote:  I've tried both, the clear lead cable as well as the one from one-stop electronics that is supposed to be able to read KL15 status. Neither one of them work for the KL15/30 status on Rheingold but do show the status in INPA.
I have now also tried direct CAN connection with a Vector CANcase but also don't get the KL15 status in Rheingold.

I think INPA just needs signal (ON or OFF signal) for KL15 and KL30 which good quality USB cable can provide but Rheingold actually reads and needs the voltage value which none of the USB cables have.Rheingold needs dedicated voltage level sensor which only ICOM has.So i think it won't show unless you use ICOM.

Rheingold/ISTA+ doesn't show KL15 KL30 status - Rockiii - 04-04-2016

Same problem here
- does anybody know which value the resistor in obd connector obd is?

[Image: 78cbbe04efa2e0159c3f036a1d562546.jpg]