CarTechnoloGY
NBT: How to remove old FSC? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: NBT: How to remove old FSC? (/showthread.php?tid=13736)

Pages: 1 2 3

NBT: How to remove old FSC? - CEBEP - 02-03-2016

Hi, anyone can share how to remove fsc codes from HU?
I know, that it is possible to make using Tool32, but can`t find how.

I need this to upload new fsc codes which wass issued before codes presented in NBT.

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - ir0n87 - 10-08-2016

(02-03-2016, 19:51 PM)CEBEP Wrote:  Hi, anyone can share how to remove fsc codes from HU?

I need this to upload new fsc codes which wass issued before codes presented in NBT.

- Configure tool32 for enet cable.
- Opend tool32 and load nbt.prg
- find job named like this: steuern_delete_persistency_intel_plus_swt
- write SWT in the argument box
- double click on job
- now select gps_position_reapir with argument 2 and nbt will virginized and rebooted

Regards!

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - ruben_17non - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 08:51 AM)ir0n87 Wrote:  
(02-03-2016, 19:51 PM)CEBEP Wrote:  Hi, anyone can share how to remove fsc codes from HU?

- double click on job
- now select gps_position_reapir with argument 2 and nbt will virginized and rebooted

Regards!

great, after this is possible import new fsc set of id5 in EVO?

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - dracon - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 10:52 AM)ruben_17non Wrote:  
(10-08-2016, 08:51 AM)ir0n87 Wrote:  

- double click on job

Regards!

great, after this is possible import new fsc set of id5 in EVO?

I've been finding out that this doesn't work with NBT-Evo headunits that have been updated with the Trusted VIN versions of the firmware.

It worked on vehicles with NBT-Evo's with older firmware before trusted VIN but not on newer firmware. Returns an error saying the command is out of range now.

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - pshoey - 10-08-2016

I haven't found how to delete FSCs after upgrade to ID5 either, but I think maybe the trick is to remove them before updating and then import the newer ID5 versions. I have a 2nd EVO unit that I have not yet upgraded and I might try this process at the weekend.

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - Jynkky - 10-08-2016

Evo must be downgrade if its new software (trusted vin)
then its possible to delete old fsc:s

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - dracon - 10-08-2016

(10-08-2016, 19:03 PM)Jynkky Wrote:  Evo must be downgrade if its new software (trusted vin)
then its possible to delete old fsc:s

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Reflashing the NBT Evo with old firmware before trusted VIN and then deleting everything.

Although, do you have any instructions on doing that? I've never tried to downgrade firmware using E-Sys before.

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - masa52 - 09-11-2018

any solution found someone???

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - bmwcoder75 - 09-11-2018

(09-11-2018, 10:13 AM)masa52 Wrote:  any solution found someone???

The information contained in that thread is not relevant anymore

With BIN file solutions, current ISTEP does not matter anymore (Before 11.2018 though, since BMW disabled BIN file processing...).
So order a BIN file from a vendor, it will erase and set a new VIN along with FSC certs, regardless of version of the radio, so no need to downgrade etc.

RE: NBT: How to remove old FSC? - masa52 - 09-11-2018

what kind of BIN file to order?
I've updated evo to latest istep and unit wont accept my orginal fsc and wont patch as well
so come back to older istep and everything back to normal just would like to know how back to stock fsc as planing to order apple car play from bmw as no solution so far and future heard