CarTechnoloGY
Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? (/showthread.php?tid=20167)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - amigo74 - 11-12-2016

Have a G series EVO here, connected an nbt cid to apix2 cid connector.
I changed the display settings to APIX 1 etc but not working, I went from NO SIGNAL to black screen.

Anyway to get this to work with APIX 1 screen or is this not possible at all?

Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - pshoey - 11-12-2016

You need to also set the resolution, color depth and mode to match your display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to also set the resolution, color depth and mode to match your display.

RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - amigo74 - 11-12-2016

Yes i have already done this, but the cid does not function:

• CID_APIX_MODE apix1 = 01
• CID_COLOR_DEPTH 18 = 01
• CID_COM_MODE Left: spi = 01

and i have also changed resolution.

This is an gxx evo unit, perhaps it only functions with gxx cids ???
Does a apix2 cid from f series functions properly ?

(11-12-2016, 23:23 PM)pshoey Wrote:  You need to also set the resolution, color depth and mode to match your display.

RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - milkyway - 12-12-2016

Hello!

Please remember that the CID from NBT and the CID from NBTevo use different voltages!! I'm nearly sure that you have to use a converter. It's the same if you want to retrofit a F15 10,25" NBT CID onto a F20 NBTevo (converter to 8,3-8,8V is required). In your case you have to convert in the other direction- more voltage, not less.

CU Oliver

RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - amigo74 - 12-12-2016

I have read in other forum that gxx evo units only functions with gxx cids.
Is that right ?
Have anybody tested a gxx evo unit with apix1 cid from nbt ?
Can anybody recommend a power regulator, which functions properly ?

Ok for all others, perhaps it helps:
Gxx evo units cannot be used with apix1 cids at all.
Only fxx evo units functions with apix1 cids !!

RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - fl3xy - 23-06-2017

(12-12-2016, 10:52 AM)amigo74 Wrote:  I have read in other forum that gxx evo units only functions with gxx cids.
Is that right ?
Have anybody tested a gxx evo unit with apix1 cid from nbt ?
Can anybody recommend a power regulator, which functions properly ?

Ok for all others, perhaps it helps:
Gxx evo units cannot be used with apix1 cids at all.
Only fxx evo units functions with apix1 cids !!

Hello
I have G12 NBT evo Unit and use CID from NBT ;]
Is work without problems ;]

RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - Mwahab - 24-06-2017

It needs a CID cable with Voltage regulator, and the quality won't be at its best.

RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - MaxBmw - 24-06-2017

LM2596 Step Down Module DC
Voltage Regulator

ebay 1$

RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - Mwahab - 24-06-2017

(24-06-2017, 13:22 PM)MaxBmw Wrote:  LM2596 Step Down Module DC
Voltage Regulator

ebay 1$

How can you mount it?

i buy the cable already mounted and working.

RE: Any way to get EVO with APIX2 from G to work with old APIX1 nbt cid? - UnFan - 24-06-2017

For my part I had two NBT EVO one of series F and another one of series G.

At first the NBT EVO series F worked perfectly with the screen HU_NBT with a voltage regulator, no worries, when I plug the NBT EVO G series, I coded the parameters identically, the screen Remained in no signal, I concluded that the NBT EVO series G only accepted the screen of series G.

So I put a 10.25 "touch screen in my E90