CarTechnoloGY
Cable needed - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Cable needed (/showthread.php?tid=20887)

Cable needed - Marteuk - 11-01-2017

Hello guys, I have some small fleet of cars and vans: BMW f10, Ford Transit mk7, Renault master mk3, audi a6 c5.

Don't know much about remapping, but had luck year or two ago remapping opel signum 2.0t with turbo and injectors upgrade.
used only simple obd cable as advised by guys in trionic tuning forums, and their software to adopt file with new values had increase from 175bhp to approx. 240bhp.

would like to play  with the rest cars and i'm aware that simple obd won't work. any advice on cheap, but reliable and painless to use cable to download and upload files using any paid or free files service? Thanks in advance

RE: Cable needed - flippy89 - 11-01-2017

You need to buy minimum Galetto v4, Kess and K-Tag EURO CLONING to play with this.

RE: Cable needed - Marteuk - 11-01-2017

(11-01-2017, 21:44 PM)flippy89 Wrote:  You need to buy minimum Galetto v4, Kess and K-Tag EURO CLONING to play with this.

you mean all of them, or just one of them? which the best and easiest to use?

thanks

RE: Cable needed - 8baller - 12-01-2017

Some cars you have listed obd is ok, other not

best bet is kess + ktag

or if you want to be cheap then just a v54 as it can do both obd and bdm

RE: Cable needed - autodoctor - 13-01-2017

8baller, i think kess+ktag ( clone )are very very very shit tools

RE: Cable needed - Marteuk - 14-01-2017

Ok now i confused, can you tell me please which cars or vans I can reflash/remap using just simple obd cable (not cheap one, as bought some reliable made in usa previously).
thanks

(12-01-2017, 08:17 AM)8baller Wrote:  Some cars you have listed obd is ok, other not

best bet is kess + ktag

or if you want to be cheap then just a v54 as it can do both obd and bdm

i'm not planning to do this for living just on some vehicles I currently own, that's why I don't want to invest on some professional stuff

RE: Cable needed - Feinon - 16-01-2017

Hi.try V54
cheap
can be ok
i bought one before..but install not so fast.
some times always need reinstall

RE: Cable needed - welsh - 16-01-2017

If you intend to do this just for map your own cars. i would suggest taking it to a tuning company.
As you already mention you know that some need ECU removed.
these type ECU need delicate work and soldering. Unless you spend even more money on probes and frames.. never mind if cheap flasher holds out through writing.
your more likely to cause damage.

Take them to a tuning company.

RE: Cable needed - Marteuk - 18-01-2017

(16-01-2017, 18:52 PM)welsh Wrote:  If you intend to do this just for map your own cars. i would suggest taking it to a tuning company.
As you already mention you know that some need ECU removed.
these type ECU need delicate work and soldering. Unless you spend even more money on probes and frames.. never mind if cheap flasher holds out through writing.
your more likely to cause damage.

Take them to a tuning company.

Car's ECU costs less than remap rofl, especially if 3 or more cars needed to do.