CarTechnoloGY
VCDS cable help - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: VAG Group (VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley) (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: VCDS cable help (/showthread.php?tid=28534)

Pages: 1 2

VCDS cable help - classexa - 06-10-2017

So I thought I bought a genuine Ross Tech cable, second hand. But turns out it's not. I can access control modules like Engine, ABS, Airbag and Instrument Cluster. But when I try to access anyone else like HVAC, Central Locking, Immo etc. it says "No response from controller". The test in "Settings" goes through fine. Using VCDS 17.8 that came with the cable

I'm using Win 7 64bit. My question is what kinda cable I have and is there a way to fix this or do I need a proper cable to access the rest of the modules? This is what the cable looks like:

[Image: 255999518_8adacc95-a5d7-4d81-8db8-0b2f7fdd8bf4.jpg]

[Image: 255999518_b2e4a874-532b-4b69-9911-e647b20a51f8.jpg]

[Image: Tt1UqOH.jpg]

RE: VCDS cable help - robertaz - 06-10-2017

Even with a genuine VCDS cable you cannot acces all modules in one car. It depends on the type/ year of car which modules are accesable. On what car did you tested your cable?

RE: VCDS cable help - classexa - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 19:14 PM)robertaz Wrote:  Even with a genuine VCDS cable you cannot acces all modules in one car. It depends on the type/ year of car which modules are accesable. On what car did you tested your cable?

Audi A6(C5) 2.4 -04. I know I can access Central Lockings, HVAC etc. because I've done it with a regular OBDII tool

RE: VCDS cable help - Ashraf6119 - 06-10-2017

Where did you buy it from..........? Secondly with original Ross-Tech cable when you plug in the car it will pick automatically all the modules installed in the vehicle......

RE: VCDS cable help - fisekovic - 06-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 19:14 PM)robertaz Wrote:  Even with a genuine VCDS cable you cannot acces all modules in one car. It depends on the type/ year of car which modules are accesable. On what car did you tested your cable?

genue cable (and even clone) can access all modules that car have....

Anyway , you are probably trying to access modules that car don't have like for example central locking, you should try 46-central convinice instead. Immo is your instrument cluster and so on... if you need to do anything specificly just ask and i will try to help

RE: VCDS cable help - rightpcb - 07-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 15:52 PM)classexa Wrote:  So I thought I bought a genuine Ross Tech cable

The clue might be the software CD, not many,if any genuine VCI's come with that type

RE: VCDS cable help - apoelistas - 07-10-2017

That does not look genuine in any way. The older hex can cable before version 2 has distinguishable differences externally.

RE: VCDS cable help - classexa - 07-10-2017

(06-10-2017, 20:53 PM)Ashraf6119 Wrote:  Where did you buy it from..........? Secondly with original Ross-Tech cable when you plug in the car it will pick automatically all the modules installed in the vehicle......

I bought it from a person on a Swedish site similiar to Ebay. Should have known better though.

With my other OBDII tool(OBDeleven) I can access 9 modules on my car

So I can pretty much forget getting this one to work fully I guess?

RE: VCDS cable help - classexa - 12-10-2017

Bumping this. So I tested it on my brothers Audi A6 2000 Avant and it worked like a charm. Could access every controller. So what could the issue be with my car? Is it still the cable?

As I said. The controllers I can't access which I know I should be able to are: 08-HVAC, 35-Central Locking, 55-Headlight Range and 56-Radio

RE: VCDS cable help - apoelistas - 12-10-2017

Turn off internet when you use this diagnostic.

Reinstall application. Try again.