CarTechnoloGY
XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Mercedes Benz - Smart (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+---- Thread: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies (/showthread.php?tid=31441)

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - douglas_brock - 09-03-2018

Colleague @Pesona, could you explain better what this ancient trick (X471) would be?

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - leminhautotek - 09-03-2018

(09-03-2018, 17:16 PM)douglas_brock Wrote:  Colleague @Pesona, could you explain better what this ancient trick (X471) would be?
old method to fix key lost

(09-03-2018, 14:36 PM)pesona Wrote:  Afaik, there is an old (x471) trick that was used to prevent xentry key being deleted.
maybe, we should try that again. i heard that it works good with xdos 2017-12 scn online.
3/2018 , for me work
just a litle bit problem when login account, ignore it

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - pesona - 10-03-2018

@18426436375 i edit the explanation. please look at it again

@leminhautotek awesome. thanks for that great information. i will update my first post with this old trick.

@douglas_brock i add the x4711 trick in the first post

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - W123 - 10-03-2018

(07-03-2018, 03:36 AM)iDIDNTdoIT Wrote:  
(08-02-2018, 02:13 AM)pesona Wrote:  
(07-02-2018, 15:14 PM)gyenge Wrote:  For SD4 or 5 have someone Xentry 2017-12 , or how i could activate xentry 2017-7 ?

for xentry xdos, here it is the latest version:
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=29832&pid=295786#pid295786

for xentry key activation, here:
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=420&pid=1425#pid1425

(07-02-2018, 15:39 PM)jal1234 Wrote:  If I am understanding all of the above correctly, I could use a passthru adapter for the newer Mercedes, and a C3 mux for the older cars, all on a single installation/computer per the first post. Is this correct? If so, are there car models (not interested in buses or trucks) that I'd miss with this setup?

Jon

i am too, curious to test many things with this xentry passthru, waiting for my device arrive.
your idea is good too if you can patch das to be used with c3 (need sdconnect toolkit, patches etc).
imho, if that's you want to do (passthru+c3), then there will be no das vehicles that you can't diagnose, coding and programming.

w204 and w212 prototype are vehicles that i want to check the coding with this das passthru.
and of course, my daily do with bus and truck. impossible? let's check the impossible.
anyway, it is just fo fun.

I have ordered the Passthru software for North America and will be using it with my passthru. My understanding of it, if should function close to what C4 does, minus pre 1996 cars. I need it more for SCN coding than anything else. Seems like everything needs coding nowadays. will keep you posted on what happens.

I am also interested to see if the US version of the J2534 Passthru SCN login will allow SCN coding and flashing of all control units, or if they limit the account on the server to emissions related modules. With this last Passthru release, it appears the really opened up the Passthru version when originally they said it would be restricted to emissions only units and would finally be opened up starting with 2018 MY vehicles to all control modules, but not retroactively. This last Passthru release contradicts that, as during installation it clearly states it was intended for US customers at some point.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - W123 - 12-03-2018

(10-03-2018, 21:25 PM)W123 Wrote:  
(07-03-2018, 03:36 AM)iDIDNTdoIT Wrote:  
(08-02-2018, 02:13 AM)pesona Wrote:  
(07-02-2018, 15:14 PM)gyenge Wrote:  For SD4 or 5 have someone Xentry 2017-12 , or how i could activate xentry 2017-7 ?

for xentry xdos, here it is the latest version:
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=29832&pid=295786#pid295786

for xentry key activation, here:
http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=420&pid=1425#pid1425

(07-02-2018, 15:39 PM)jal1234 Wrote:  If I am understanding all of the above correctly, I could use a passthru adapter for the newer Mercedes, and a C3 mux for the older cars, all on a single installation/computer per the first post. Is this correct? If so, are there car models (not interested in buses or trucks) that I'd miss with this setup?

Jon

i am too, curious to test many things with this xentry passthru, waiting for my device arrive.
your idea is good too if you can patch das to be used with c3 (need sdconnect toolkit, patches etc).
imho, if that's you want to do (passthru+c3), then there will be no das vehicles that you can't diagnose, coding and programming.

w204 and w212 prototype are vehicles that i want to check the coding with this das passthru.
and of course, my daily do with bus and truck. impossible? let's check the impossible.
anyway, it is just fo fun.

I have ordered the Passthru software for North America and will be using it with my passthru. My understanding of it, if should function close to what C4 does, minus pre 1996 cars. I need it more for SCN coding than anything else. Seems like everything needs coding nowadays. will keep you posted on what happens.

I am also interested to see if the US version of the J2534 Passthru SCN login will allow SCN coding and flashing of all control units, or if they limit the account on the server to emissions related modules. With this last Passthru release, it appears the really opened up the Passthru version when originally they said it would be restricted to emissions only units and would finally be opened up starting with 2018 MY vehicles to all control modules, but not retroactively. This last Passthru release contradicts that, as during installation it clearly states it was intended for US customers at some point.

For clarification, when you order your StartKey, and it is installed to your HW ID you submitted automatically during installation, then yes, Xentry is severely limited compared to OpenShell or other versions. At least this is the way the North American market is.

Here is an article from May 2017 stating it would be open and allow all control unit programming: hxxps://us.autologic.com/news/mercedes-benz-complete-vehicle

Then, in June 28 the same year, (hxxps://us.autologic.com/news/mercedes-benz-has-a-change-of-service) they backtracked on their original idea of giving independent service providers access to all control units, and went back to only what they were legally required to do. If you install the US version and are working on a pre 2018 car, you will not even recognize what software you are using it is so restricted.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - Steve Stargate - 19-03-2018

Hi, guys.

got "Network Error (749)" with xdos 12/17 and SD4.
Window can´t close.

any solutions?
Thx Steve

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - dipdop - 19-03-2018

(19-03-2018, 10:18 AM)Steve Stargate Wrote:  Hi, guys.

got "Network Error (749)" with xdos 12/17 and SD4.
Window can´t close.

any solutions?
Thx Steve

Did you apply blacklist?

Did you configured IP in right way?

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - pesona - 24-03-2018

i added DAS PKW/SMART/TRANSP Offline Programming & Online/Offline Entry of Retrofits & Modifications version 2.0.
Tested valid in real diagnosis with XDOS 2018-03.
Level of use is intermediate difficulty but level of install is for dummies (newbies).

have fun update your ecu/tcm with legal firmware from MB.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - sixcode - 24-03-2018

(24-03-2018, 06:55 AM)pesona Wrote:  i added DAS PKW/SMART/TRANSP Offline Programming & Online/Offline Entry of Retrofits & Modifications version 2.0.
Tested valid in real diagnosis with XDOS 2018-03.
Level of use is intermediate difficulty but level of install is for dummies (newbies).

have fun update your ecu/tcm with legal firmware from MB.

can this also be applied to 12.2017 passthru version as i dont want to update to 3.2018 for now...

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2018 (include Tips & Tricks)) - pesona - 24-03-2018

based on the files structure, it is possibly no problem mate.