CarTechnoloGY
XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Mercedes Benz - Smart (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+---- Thread: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies (/showthread.php?tid=31441)

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - mrpele - 25-08-2019

Dear guys, 

I am getting this error after i installed Xentry 07.2019 XDOS.
I installed it 2 times with clear windows 7 x64. I also tried it with old and new key methods but result is same.

Anybody can help me?

...FIXED...

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - W123 - 25-08-2019

(20-08-2019, 21:59 PM)gcs190 Wrote:  
(20-08-2019, 19:40 PM)Mrg0721 Wrote:  Would anyone be willing to share the ORIGINAL versions of db2mv.gmfcom.daimler.xentry.diagservice and das lic.sli files? Pesona already provided the new long key but i still have the modified fix files in place and would like to put the original files back in place. Thank you.

Original files 05.2019 Openshell:

(20-08-2019, 09:13 AM)W123 Wrote:  I have a suspicion that if Xentry Flash accounts that are owned by individuals and are disabled due to a suspected licensing violation or for some other reason causing them to lose their Xentry Flash license they paid for and use in their workshop, the forums would be lit up immediately with people complaining.  I am still looking for the post that states "Warning! My SCN login was disabled today!" but haven't read one yet.  Again, I am not dismissing the claims that it is possible, and anyone that reviews the log files can see that ever vehicle their installation of Xentry/DAS has communicated with has a very detailed log of everything that occurred during that session-

1. VIN number of vehicle being diagnosed.
2. Results of Quick Test.
3. All codings and settings currently applied to the vehicle. (handy to resort to if you need to review original SCN codestring - it's hidden in plain sight).
4. Every menu you enter, exist, and selection you pick.
5. Exactly how long your session was with that vehicle.

All of this is logged locally on your machine and it has nothing to do if you go online of it you do not.  I would have no reason to not suspect that Daimler collects some telemetry to identify software issues and possibly misuse of their software.  Obviously the license structure is designed to prevent inappropriate use of the software and whether they feel it is in their best interest to administer and oversee blocking and disabling offending accounts, for financial reasons or other reasons is only known by them.

One thing I feel pretty certain that the majority of users overlook is this setting, which turned ON for all installations by default:

This essentially gives them permission to monitor your usage of the product.  Some may be fine with this, and some may not, but people should at least know it is there.

What is the route of said Xentry log?

Thank you

I apologize, but I don't understand exactly what you are asking?  What version are you running?  x86 or x64?  OpenShell or PassThru?

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - AfXv237 - 25-08-2019

(25-08-2019, 14:27 PM)pesona Wrote:  
(22-08-2019, 19:01 PM)AfXv237 Wrote:  ...
Hello,
I have just received my clone SDconnect C5 fuso edition (red case, might be old C4 inside). I bought it specifically for a 2010 Mitsubishi Canter Fuso ED5 (Euro5), but it does not connect. It works on Mercedes cars though. I select the vehicle in Xentry then it opens DAS and it returns a Communication fault. (tested with Launch and Delphi and it connects to ECU). Maybe if I would reinstall a fresh Xentry 07/2019 on a new SSD with a long key would it work? (Hardware ID: 42695D4A2D86)

Best Regards!
the old curse with fuso canter, by default, it has to use a very expensive obd2 Fuso canter cable:
C3: Mercedes part no 6511 1280 99
SDConnect: SDConnect OBD2 FusoCanter
or daudi said that has to use SDConnect DOIP+OBD2 DOIP

yesterday i made a patch and with the help of ross2018 who patiently did the teamviewer (i am lazy and never will do teamviewer), AfXv23 succeeded to diagnose his Fuso Canter ED5 with standard OBD2 cable.

Thanks to ross2018 for help install the patch thru teamviewer, and thanks to AfXv23 who in the field and gave me what i asked regarding error print file and obd2 connector pinout.

Maaan..you pesona and ross2018 are the best. I have bought sdconnect with harddisk (ready to work) from a chinese seller specifically for mitsubishi fuso but it didn't start xentry program from beginning. Luckily, ross2018 managed to make it start, but then it connected only on mercedes cars/vans (returned  communication errors on mitsubishi fuso though). The chinese seller sold me something that didnt work from the very first start. Then pesona came up with the proper patch and i did not have to modify or buy the expensive obd cable for mitsubishi while ross2018 applied everything. They did all of this out of free will and wasted almost 2 days straight just to help me in a very desperate situation. For me guys you are the best. You have the knowledge and the solution straight away for anything related to mercedes/fuso. 

Trust me..these days nobody wastes day and night on teamviewer and patches just to help a stranger in a complicated situation.. well.. these guys did it. And they deserve all the appreciation.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - gcs190 - 25-08-2019

(25-08-2019, 15:38 PM)W123 Wrote:  I apologize, but I don't understand exactly what you are asking?  What version are you running?  x86 or x64?  OpenShell or PassThru?

I ask you what is the route where the logs that you commented that the system was doing are stored..

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - W123 - 25-08-2019

(25-08-2019, 18:20 PM)gcs190 Wrote:  
(25-08-2019, 15:38 PM)W123 Wrote:  I apologize, but I don't understand exactly what you are asking?  What version are you running?  x86 or x64?  OpenShell or PassThru?

I ask you what is the route where the logs that you commented that the system was doing are stored..

%PROGRAMDATA%\ProgramData\Mercedes-Benz\logs\ConfigAssist
%PROGRAMDATA%\ProgramData\Mercedes-Benz\logs\SupportTool
%PROGRAMDATA%\ProgramData\Mercedes-Benz\logs\DAS\logstore
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take a look in the DAS logstore.  Most begin with the letter "H" and are zipped to save storage.  Peek inside the largest file in Notepad++ or Sublime Text.  You will see the data is all sent to DAS and stored in logs for data you would find in Development Data or more so Vediamo.  You will find coding options and values that are using in Vediamo.  When DAS is gathering information about the vehicle, it downloads this information and uses it for diagnostics.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Mercedes-Benz\logs\Xentry\ZBUS\Zbus_debug.txt
^^^^^^^^^^^^  This one shows how many attempts is made to validate your license on a constant basis.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Mercedes-Benz\logs\SupportTool\SupportPackagesUploader.txt
^^^^^^^^^^^^
A "watcher" service runs in the background constantly monitoring the contents of %PROGRAMDATA%\Mercedes-Benz\data\SupportToolTransfer to "upload" to who knows where.

Starting in the later builds, a SysMon service has began running as a service a startup if you launch a Xentry application or not, and will log modification times, changes processes started and stopped, etc.

This is the tip if the iceberg.  It is interesting to view the contents of them.

It is also worth mentioning that ever vehicle you connect to, some redundant information is logged.  Some off this information is below.  Notice every since license authorization based on your StartKey is documented here. One must wonder how many Xentry machines are granted this much access?  Dealers certainly do not, so it would be theoretically inside Daimler manufacturing plants and possibly some of their suppliers.  No dealer or independent would have license authorization for this many items. Take a look. If that is uploaded, that would be a red flag immediately:

Code:
<Context>VIN@WDBXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
</Context>
<Context>VCI_CABLE@D_OBDII
</Context>
<Context>DEF@Xentry_light
</Context>
<Context>DEF@Baumuster6_203052
</Context>
<Context>UNIT@US
</Context>
<Context>LANG@gb
</Context>
<Context>LIC_PKW@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_V-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Transporter@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_LKW@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUS@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Unimog@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_smart@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_S-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_E-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_C-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_A-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_M-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Roadster@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Gelaendewagen@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_AMG@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_V-Klasse 1@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_W454@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_SLR_Maybach@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_EOBD@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_OBD@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_alle@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_LK/SK@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_schwere Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_mittlere Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_leichte Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_MB_BUS@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Setra_BUS@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Weitere Busse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Mexico@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Mitsubishi-FUSO@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_FOTON@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Aufbauhersteller@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Industriemotoren@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Grosskunden@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_USA@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Hauptgruppe@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_RoW@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_VW@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Brasilien@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Industriegetriebe@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_MR-Download@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSKD@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSABH@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSEOL@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSDOWNLOAD@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSVolldiagnose@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_STI_STINInfo@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Freie_Werkstaetten@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Pilotprojekt@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Entwicklungsdaten@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Vorabdaten@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BASIC@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_CAN Experte@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_ModeOff@YES
</Context>

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - ross2018 - 25-08-2019

(25-08-2019, 19:28 PM)W123 Wrote:  
(25-08-2019, 18:20 PM)gcs190 Wrote:  

%PROGRAMDATA%\ProgramData\Mercedes-Benz\logs\ConfigAssist
%PROGRAMDATA%\ProgramData\Mercedes-Benz\logs\SupportTool
%PROGRAMDATA%\ProgramData\Mercedes-Benz\logs\DAS\logstore
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take a look in the DAS logstore.  Most begin with the letter "H" and are zipped to save storage.  Peek inside the largest file in Notepad++ or Sublime Text.  You will see the data is all sent to DAS and stored in logs for data you would find in Development Data or more so Vediamo.  You will find coding options and values that are using in Vediamo.  When DAS is gathering information about the vehicle, it downloads this information and uses it for diagnostics.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Mercedes-Benz\logs\Xentry\ZBUS\Zbus_debug.txt
^^^^^^^^^^^^  This one shows how many attempts is made to validate your license on a constant basis.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Mercedes-Benz\logs\SupportTool\SupportPackagesUploader.txt
^^^^^^^^^^^^
A "watcher" service runs in the background constantly monitoring the contents of %PROGRAMDATA%\Mercedes-Benz\data\SupportToolTransfer to "upload" to who knows where.

Starting in the later builds, a SysMon service has began running as a service a startup if you launch a Xentry application or not, and will log modification times, changes processes started and stopped, etc.

This is the tip if the iceberg.  It is interesting to view the contents of them.

It is also worth mentioning that ever vehicle you connect to, some redundant information is logged.  Some off this information is below.  Notice every since license authorization based on your StartKey is documented here. One must wonder how many Xentry machines are granted this much access?  Dealers certainly do not, so it would be theoretically inside Daimler manufacturing plants and possibly some of their suppliers.  No dealer or independent would have license authorization for this many items. Take a look. If that is uploaded, that would be a red flag immediately:

Code:
<Context>VIN@WDBXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
</Context>
<Context>VCI_CABLE@D_OBDII
</Context>
<Context>DEF@Xentry_light
</Context>
<Context>DEF@Baumuster6_203052
</Context>
<Context>UNIT@US
</Context>
<Context>LANG@gb
</Context>
<Context>LIC_PKW@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_V-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Transporter@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_LKW@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUS@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Unimog@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_smart@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_S-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_E-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_C-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_A-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_M-Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Roadster@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Gelaendewagen@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_AMG@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_V-Klasse 1@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_W454@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_SLR_Maybach@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_EOBD@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_OBD@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_alle@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_LK/SK@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_schwere Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_mittlere Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_leichte Klasse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_MB_BUS@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Setra_BUS@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Weitere Busse@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Mexico@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Mitsubishi-FUSO@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_FOTON@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Aufbauhersteller@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Industriemotoren@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Grosskunden@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_USA@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Hauptgruppe@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_RoW@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_VW@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Brasilien@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Industriegetriebe@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_MR-Download@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSKD@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSABH@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSEOL@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSDOWNLOAD@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BUSVolldiagnose@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_STI_STINInfo@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Freie_Werkstaetten@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Pilotprojekt@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Entwicklungsdaten@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_Vorabdaten@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_BASIC@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_CAN Experte@YES
</Context>
<Context>LIC_ModeOff@YES
</Context>

Any way to stop this service? Any way to stop xentry sending those logs?

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - pesona - 26-08-2019

What's new
Aug 26, 2019
  • Add XDOS 2019-09 link

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - piermalmsteen - 27-08-2019

Good morning friends my Xentry no longer allows me to use Author data after some coding done on IK, you help me understand why. no longer allows me to apply the coding after changing the parameters thanks to everyone in advance

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - pesona - 27-08-2019

(27-08-2019, 06:07 AM)piermalmsteen Wrote:  Good morning friends my Xentry no longer allows me to use Author data after some coding done on IK, you help me understand why. no longer allows me to apply the coding after changing the parameters thanks to everyone in advance

use xentry new long key offered here:
https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=54272

and try again coding your IC.
hope it solves your problem.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - kadir23 - 27-08-2019

(25-08-2019, 15:26 PM)mrpele Wrote:  Dear guys, 

I am getting this error after i installed Xentry 07.2019 XDOS.
I installed it 2 times with clear windows 7 x64. I also tried it with old and new key methods but result is same.

Anybody can help me?

...FIXED...

find location on error. fix name of error file