CarTechnoloGY
XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Mercedes Benz - Smart (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+---- Thread: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies (/showthread.php?tid=31441)

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - tsimplas007 - 29-10-2019

Hi,

Is it possible to diagnose a smart 451 with XENTRY passthru? I'm trying but I have this error:

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - pesona - 30-10-2019

(29-10-2019, 20:22 PM)tsimplas007 Wrote:  Hi,

Is it possible to diagnose a smart 451 with XENTRY passthru? I'm trying but I have this error:

interesting. what passthru device do you use? can you click 'print' as pdf and share it with us?
btw,
try to use 'vehicle identification by entering the VIN' and see what happens.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - tsimplas007 - 30-10-2019

(30-10-2019, 00:39 AM)pesona Wrote:  

interesting. what passthru device do you use? can you click 'print' as pdf and share it with us?
btw,

The passthru device is a Bosch VCI(MTS6531). It works normally by using the "Vehicle identification by entering in the VIN", the problem is when I choose "Vehicle identification by control unit".

Here is the PDF:

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - pesona - 31-10-2019

(30-10-2019, 13:10 PM)tsimplas007 Wrote:  
(30-10-2019, 00:39 AM)pesona Wrote:  

btw,

The passthru device is a Bosch VCI(MTS6531). It works normally by using the "Vehicle identification by entering in the VIN", the problem is when I choose "Vehicle identification by control unit".

Here is the PDF:

your passthru device is awesome mate. yes 
based on the fact, that all control units are okay when diagnose by entering the VIN, then the problem is within DAS itself.
i read the pdf file, and das assumes that the vehicle is BAUREIHE@450, BAUMUSTER@000 while actually, it is 451.
it would be nice if smart vehicles experts tell their experience using that menu.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - MilenaG - 01-11-2019

@tsimplas007, it is not the problem with the device, the same situation with the smart 451 in different versions of the Xentry PT from the 2016 year till now which i used with vas5054 and chipsoft, it is some kind of bug. In regular Xentry with SD Connect all works fine, it can detect the car in automatic mode by Vehicle identification by control unit without entering VIN.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - tsimplas007 - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 05:14 AM)MilenaG Wrote:  @tsimplas007, it is not the problem with the device, the same situation with the smart 451 in different versions of the Xentry PT from the 2016 year till now which i used with vas5054 and chipsoft, it is some kind of bug. In regular Xentry with SD Connect all works fine, it can detect the car in automatic mode by Vehicle identification by control unit without entering VIN.

I also own SDConnect with XDOS openshell system and I know that DAS works with "Vehicle identification by control unit". That's why I was surprised when I tried it with XENTRY passthru.

Thank you.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - g1edr1u5 - 13-01-2022

<p>hi, folks!</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>I have installed Xentry Openshell 2021/12, have activated, but when I start Xentry, get no access autorization.</p><p>There can be a problem?</p><p><br></p>

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - lantianbaiyun - 17-01-2022

(13-01-2022, 09:57 AM)g1edr1u5 Wrote:  <p>hi, folks!</p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p>I have installed Xentry Openshell 2021/12, have activated, but when I start Xentry, get no access autorization.</p><p>There can be a problem?</p><p><br></p>

How do you register and activate? Do you have any tools? Please let me know. Thank you very much

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - antonigj - 17-01-2022

Hello my friends,

Every time I start Xentry I get a message:
"There is no access authorization, contact the User Help Desk"
and it forces me to enter the StarKey every time I start the program, but it only lasts for one session.
Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
Thanks

edit:
I already figured out how to do it, using the .x4711 method

fixed

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies - Aldi - 31-01-2022

Hello guys.
I installed xentry sometime ago following all the instructions on first page and all was good. Today I reopen xentry and I'm getting no access authorisation.
Can anyone help please?
Tried to re-enter the access code but no success.