CarTechnoloGY
XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Mercedes Benz - Smart (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=63)
+---- Thread: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies (/showthread.php?tid=31441)

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - ahmadshahin - 15-07-2019

(07-07-2019, 11:49 AM)ross2018 Wrote:  @ahmadshahin
first, make a copy of your original file
Copy pesona file in
C:>program files (86)>mercedes benz>Xentry >Kontexte

Report back.

i try still same problem

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - peter_pan - 15-07-2019

Is it possible to scn coding online with old xentry version such as: 12.2018?
It is said that someon can change some file.
Please help!

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - pesona - 15-07-2019

@peter_pan
try to use profi_cd.ini from 2019/07
the file itself is in sdflash pkw folder
good luck

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - getaibose - 15-07-2019

Hi pesona

Thanks to your detailed instructions and files, I have got Xentry 07.2019 up and running

I am facing a problem with DAS - I can't get DAS to scan a car (W211) - it reads the voltage, but its unable to read the VIN number, so it asks for production year, variant etc.

After setting those, it goes to "Coding Checks CGW", after that DAS gets stuck.

I am using a C4 clone - Xentry is working fine (tested in W204)

Any ideas what the issue may be? I faced a similar problem with Xentry 03.2019 installed for me by some one else.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - ross2018 - 15-07-2019

12-2018 is working fine on w211 tested by me with sd connect c4
12-2018/05-2019 passthrough is working ok with das on my car.
Bad patch or install

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - pesona - 15-07-2019

@getaibose
i guess it is a hardware problem especially k-line part.
no offense, it is a common problem with low quality sdconnect.
and also try to do self test using sdconnect administration, and upload the result to see what the problem is.

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - peter_pan - 15-07-2019

(15-07-2019, 11:22 AM)pesona Wrote:  i guess it is a hardware problem especially k-line part.
no offense, it is a common problem with low quality sdconnect.
and also try to do self test using sdconnect administration, and upload the result to see what the problem is.

Hope to hear you soon

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - getaibose - 16-07-2019

(15-07-2019, 11:22 AM)pesona Wrote:  @getaibose

Hi pesona

Luckily, I solved my problem. I refreshed the mux firmware through SD Administration toolkit. Flashed these 3 in this order -

00_ClearCeFlashDisk
01_Bootimage
02_CSD_2.11

Afterwards, I when I launched DAS to scan the car, it started some updates to the mux (some progress bar quickly appeared and disappeared) - then it started working like normal - it was able to automatically detect VIN.

Thank you again for your help

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - getaibose - 18-07-2019

Interesting finding - I always wondered why Xentry XDOS need so much space for install - it appears that the installer leaves behind setup files after install in these 2 folders - taking up close to 56 GB in space !!

C:\Windows\Installer

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mercedes-Benz\SetupCache

I deleted the entire contents of the above 2 folders - Xentry and DAS are working normally - by going through these folders, its full of .msi files - which I guess are not needed anymore.

Anyone can comment on this?

Regards

RE: XENTRY XDOS & PassThru how to install for dummies 2019 - ross2018 - 18-07-2019

Interesting find.
It will be interesting to see if you do a lot of diagnostic on different cars if xentry/das works ok.