CarTechnoloGY
ICOM next a firmware question - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: ICOM next a firmware question (/showthread.php?tid=31565)

Pages: 1 2 3

ICOM next a firmware question - mace0 - 11-01-2018

Hi, I recently purchased an ICOM Next A with wifi online and have had a couple of problems getting it to work (When purchasing it, it was hard to see any difference between different sellers, obviously there was some difference). In ISTA-P it is able to read the car voltage ok but when ever I try to start a new session I always get the same error 94201 technical initialization failed. I get a similar error with WINKFP, as far as I can tell it is configured correctly in EDIABAS.

I have tried all of the solutions I could find except for updating the firmware. The reason i haven't be able to do this is that i can't find instructions that match my model. Going to its IP address does come up with an interface, its a VCXnet DoIP interface that uses the same generic password as all of the other version (root/nyz..), but there is no section to update the firmware only the system image (it doesn't look at all like any of the screenshots I have found online).

I contacted the seller and they have no idea how to update the firmware (no surprise at all) but suggest I use ISTA-P v3.59.4.004, mine is a newer version and any of the links i have found on this forum are dead.

I suspect that the only way to update the firmware, and application image is via a usb flash drive, but there is now way to be sure if I am using the correct firmware. I am assuming the button I have read about is next to the obd cable port(?)

So my questions are:

Does any one have a link to an older version of ISTA P?

OR

Could someone suggest what would be the best firmware to attempt an update with?

Thanks for your time.

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - TurboDriver - 11-01-2018

Is it genuine Next or Chinese clone that not Next really?

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - mace0 - 11-01-2018

(11-01-2018, 03:00 AM)TurboDriver Wrote:  Is it genuine Next or Chinese clone that not Next really?

Clone smile

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - mace0 - 11-01-2018

(11-01-2018, 03:00 AM)TurboDriver Wrote:  Is it genuine Next or Chinese clone that not Next really?

After reading more about this, I already knew it was a clone but didn't realize that the clones aren't really like the genuine ones. Which sort of makes sense why its so hard to find firmware for this... Given how much genuine ones cost, for the one job I needed it for (its for DIY I don't own a garage) probably not as worth it. Shame they don't work the way they are supposed to though.

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - aknight720 - 11-01-2018

(11-01-2018, 04:19 AM)mace0 Wrote:  

After reading more about this, I already knew it was a clone but didn't realize that the clones aren't really like the genuine ones. Which sort of makes sense why its so hard to find firmware for this... Given how much genuine ones cost, for the one job I needed it for (its for DIY I don't own a garage) probably not as worth it. Shame they don't work the way they are supposed to though.

Connect to web interface on port 60080, select update firmware option and write here info for Current PACKAGE IMAGE version.

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - masa52 - 11-01-2018

Bought the same, seller said its next but its A2 in next case!!
login to web interface and check spec

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - TurboDriver - 11-01-2018

Yeah Chinese Next have A2 hardware inside

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - mr_nitroz - 12-01-2018

Http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=26983

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - mace0 - 13-01-2018

(11-01-2018, 11:34 AM)aknight720 Wrote:  

Connect to web interface on port 60080, select update firmware option and write here info for Current PACKAGE IMAGE version.

Hey, thanks for you reply... that was one of the first things i tried but there isnt anything at that port. I'm going to try a port scanner but there is no info on the DoIP web interface either which is why i am a little stuck. The DoIP interface is just a generic Linux interface where you can update the system Rom/firmware and as far as i can tell its not like the other firmware versions i have found. Itool radar says firmware is revision 1000 (assuming that means 1.0). But have no idea if it always says that or if its accurate. May just be my luck i bought the one dud one on the market. Would buy a genuine one but its a one off diy job so doubt i will be using it again.

(11-01-2018, 13:40 PM)masa52 Wrote:  Bought the same, seller said its next but its A2 in next case!!

Just posted a longer reply to someone who asked the same, but i can't seem to find the application web interface. Going to try a port scanner to see if it uses a different port... but the web server interface has no information...

RE: ICOM next a firmware question - Loliceman - 13-01-2018

(13-01-2018, 06:08 AM)mace0 Wrote:  
(11-01-2018, 11:34 AM)aknight720 Wrote:  

Hey, thanks for you reply... that was one of the first things i tried but there isnt anything at that port. I'm going to try a port scanner but there is no info on the DoIP web interface either which is why i am a little stuck. The DoIP interface is just a generic Linux interface where you can update the system Rom/firmware and as far as i can tell its not like the other firmware versions i have found. Itool radar says firmware is revision 1000 (assuming that means 1.0). But have no idea if it always says that or if its accurate. May just be my luck i bought the one dud one on the market. Would buy a genuine one but its a one off diy job so doubt i will be using it again.

(11-01-2018, 13:40 PM)masa52 Wrote:  Bought the same, seller said its next but its A2 in next case!!

Just posted a longer reply to someone who asked the same, but i can't seem to find the application web interface. Going to try a port scanner to see if it uses a different port... but the web server interface has no information...

Before you enter the Web interface, Reserve the icom first with iTools or similar. Otherwise you won't find it.