CarTechnoloGY
Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? (/showthread.php?tid=32758)

Pages: 1 2

Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - bmwadriatic - 15-02-2018

Hello there,
i ordered Kess and Ktag complete set. But i became wrong AC/DC power supply. It looks like american one and it is not the same as european one. Someone know maybye where to buy right power supply for me? On my adapter is output 12V DC 1A. Would it be better to buy one with 5A? I read in internet better to use output 12V DC 5A, but will it damage the tools if i goes up to 5A ?

RE: Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - FootM - 15-02-2018

(15-02-2018, 15:22 PM)bmwadriatic Wrote:  Hello there,
i ordered Kess and Ktag complete set. But i became wrong AC/DC power supply. It looks like american one and it is not the same as european one. Someone know maybye where to buy right power supply for me? On my adapter is output 12V DC 1A. Would it be better to buy one with 5A? I read in internet better to use output 12V DC 5A, but will it damage the tools if i goes up to 5A ?

you can even use the battery

RE: Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - bmwadriatic - 15-02-2018

Thanks but want good Power Supply. So which one? Again 1A or 5A okay ?

(15-02-2018, 17:03 PM)bmwadriatic Wrote:  Thanks but want good Power Supply. So which one? Again 1A or 5A okay ?

usually sufficiently 1A, sometimes you need 1.5A. But on SID902 for example 5A is not enough.
Transistors at the output of K-tag are designed for 3A

RE: Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - bmwadriatic - 15-02-2018

Thanks, but i am new at this. So i dont understand everything (what is SID902) ? So my question, can it be more then 1A or will i damage something? I found for example power supply output 12V DC 8A. Is this okay or will it damage something? Or can the A be more? Want most stable to buy, to be on safest way.

(15-02-2018, 17:53 PM)bmwadriatic Wrote:  Thanks, but i am new at this. So i dont understand everything (what is SID902) ? So my question, can it be more then 1A or will i damage something? I found for example power supply output 12V DC 8A. Is this okay or will it damage something? Or can the A be more? Want most stable to buy, to be on safest way.

I'm using this power supply. The short-circuit protection and a lot of advantages
Here

RE: Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - 8baller - 15-02-2018

3A 30v or 5A 30v

if doing SID208 etc then need some power, tenma model i use

RE: Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - targa9 - 16-02-2018

You need a 12V supply and the correct type and polarity plug (positive and negative the right way round).

You can go higher on Amps with no problem at all. The Amp rating is the maximum the power supply can give. You just need to make sure you have at least the minimum.

Reading the comments above I'd suggest a decent 12V 5A. Don't go too cheap and nasty because a poor power supply is the thing mostly likely to mess up programming.

So based on what others say is required for kess/ktag

12V 1A - not enough
12V 1.5A - just enough
12V 5A - safe bet
12V 8A - more than you need but fine to use

RE: Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - bmwadriatic - 16-02-2018

Thank you. Will search one with 8A, want to be as safe as possible. Thanks
I found somewhere on internet original one from alientech. It has only 1.5A. But I will take 8A

RE: Which power supply for Kess/Ktag ? - autoport - 17-02-2018

You can use any external HDD power supply. they are usually rated at 2A.
you can buy also a power supply used by radioamators , I have one in 25A and it`s under 100 euro.

here you can choose: link

(on this one , front connector 10A ,back conectors 25A)

[Image: 21310_2424_0.jpg]