CarTechnoloGY
KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? (/showthread.php?tid=33120)

Pages: 1 2 3

KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - bmwadriatic - 26-02-2018

Hello there,
have a little problem with my new clone KTAG RED PCB, or is it maybe normally? So when i connect my KTAG with my AC/DC Power adapter only to electricity power, no PC, than the green LED lights up for a second, after a second the red LED comes up and is lighting. When i connect the KTAG via USB to PC, without AC/DC Power, then i hear the windows sound for new hardware, but no LED is on, no red, no green. Then i tested Kess (also red PCB) via USB to PC, the red LED is coming on. So please, is this normaly for clones ? I tested output voltage of AC/DC adapter, 12,46V. + inside, - outside, so this is okay.

RE: KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - dresler - 27-02-2018

Ktag clone led will light only when the unit is connected to power.
china clone is missing 2 leds, and one of them is active when connected to the PC just like the kess.

my reworked unit have them in the back where cables are attached

[Image: USEK1sIl.jpg]

RE: KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - bmwadriatic - 27-02-2018

So my Situation is normal for clone ?

100% normal .

RE: KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - 8baller - 27-02-2018

(27-02-2018, 09:54 AM)dresler Wrote:  100% normal .

that picture you posted is not normal lol

ktag LEDs are usually on the USB end! why have you got them relocated? other than for easy viewing of leds

[Image: fly-ktag-ECU-Pro-new-2.jpg]

My reply "100%" is related to:

Quote:So my Situation is normal for clone ?

english is very hard to understand. I see that you are writing from UK also...

... as for the leds I didn`t relocate nothing. those are the other 2 leds missig from the china clone. one for live ECU and the other one for data.

RE: KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - bmwadriatic - 27-02-2018

Okay, I was wondering why first the green LED is coming on for one second and after this the red one by connecting to electric power without pc. By kess for example is red LED on when plugged in into PC, by connected KTAG to PC, no red one, no green one. Only windows sound for hardware.

RE: KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - bmwadriatic - 04-03-2018

Update: there is a new version of red PCB KTAG 7.020 EU Version. Now with 4 LEDs, not 2 !
Anyone have maybe more informations about the changes? Are there more changes or only the 2 extra LEDs?

RE: KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - betrescudan - 05-03-2018

Same shit china tool...only if there are some new protocols inside the 2 leds more maybe?...

RE: KTAG Clone green & red LED problem, normally ? - dresler - 05-03-2018

(04-03-2018, 19:42 PM)bmwadriatic Wrote:  Update: there is a new version of red PCB KTAG 7.020 EU Version. Now with 4 LEDs, not 2 !
Anyone have maybe more informations about the changes? Are there more changes or only the 2 extra LEDs?

this case version will be standard with the 5.028 (work in progress in China and Romania)
a full original components version will be released (so called eu clone) at a fair price.