CarTechnoloGY
[Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: [Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP (/showthread.php?tid=34017)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

[Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - danyro - 23-03-2018

Hello

I want to retrofit Parking Assist(5DP) to my car - F025 LCI(06/2016) as it was missed when it was ordered.
The car has 360 cameras view, fron/rear pdc factory fitted(5AS/5DL)
Per my research, the module PMA2 is required. I've checked and in E-SYS i can find the ECU PMA2 (at address 2c).
I saw some DYI retrofits and those guys have bought this ECU and installed it.
As I have this module already from factory, is needed to buy new PDC sensors(2 for right and 2 for left) and drill a hole into bumpers?
Any other module/prerequisite would be required?

thanks

RE: [Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - ruben_17non - 23-03-2018

(23-03-2018, 11:02 AM)danyro Wrote:  Hello

I want to retrofit Parking Assist(5DP) to my car - F025 LCI(06/2016) as it was missed when it was ordered.
Per my research, the module PMA2 is required. I've checked and in E-SYS i can find the ECU PMA2 (at address 2c).
As I have this module already from factory, is needed to buy new PDC sensors(2 for right and 2 for left) and drill a hole into bumpers?

thanks

Yes you have PMA2 module because car have Auto PDC. but parking assist have different Variant of PMA2

you need PMA2 new in bmw not is very expensive
and 2x Pdc sensors for from bumper.
Rewire and coding

nothing more.

RE: [Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - Vojno - 23-03-2018

(23-03-2018, 13:48 PM)ruben_17non Wrote:  

thanks

Yes you have PMA2 module because car have Auto PDC. but parking assist have different Variant of PMA2

Rewire and coding

nothing more.

and do not forget to replace the first two ABS sensor! wait

[Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - ruben_17non - 23-03-2018

(23-03-2018, 13:55 PM)Vojno Wrote:  
(23-03-2018, 13:48 PM)ruben_17non Wrote:  

thanks

Rewire and coding

nothing more.

and do not forget to replace the first two ABS sensor! wait

Not is need in f25 or f26

RE: [Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - Vojno - 23-03-2018

(23-03-2018, 14:08 PM)ruben_17non Wrote:  
(23-03-2018, 13:55 PM)Vojno Wrote:  and do not forget to replace the first two ABS sensor! wait
Not is need in f25 or f26

Really, sorry! fail

RE: [Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - danyro - 23-03-2018

@Ruben - I saw later in ISTA in diagrams that there are 2 versions of PMA2 - basic(fitted on my car) and High(the one with PA).
There are just 2 sensors in the front bumper. I thought there are another 2 in the rear bumper.

tricky question - it is possible to add the front sensors without removing the bumper? removing just the interior wheel plastics? would be this feasible?

thanks to both of you

RE: [Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - Jartsa - 23-03-2018

anyone done this on F11 pre 2011?

(23-03-2018, 14:39 PM)danyro Wrote:  @Ruben - I saw later in ISTA in diagrams that there are 2 versions of PMA2 - basic(fitted on my car) and High(the one with PA).
There are just 2 sensors in the front bumper. I thought there are another 2 in the rear bumper.

tricky question - it is possible to add the front sensors without removing the bumper? removing just the interior wheel plastics? would be this feasible?

thanks to both of you

only 2 sensor front. rear not
i think is possible removing just interior for access to PDC, but best way is remove bumper, for new wires and for make new pdc Holes...

you use original bumper without holes? you buy pdc holders?? are very difficult take this.

i retrofit in my car, but i remplace bumper.

RE: [Help] Parking Assist retrofit - 5DP - danyro - 23-03-2018

yes, i want to retrofit this without replacing the bumper. I have the XLine packet and it would cost some $$ as new.
I want just drilling the holes and wire them to the wire PDC junction in the front of the car.

it is quite difficult for me to replace the bumper physically as I am working alone and i dont have the special tools for that plastics which are keeping the bumper together with the body.

(23-03-2018, 15:41 PM)danyro Wrote:  yes, i want to retrofit this without replacing the bumper. I have the XLine packet and it would cost some $$ as new.
I want just drilling the holes and wire them to the wire PDC junction in the front of the car.

it is quite difficult for me to replace the bumper physically as I am working alone and i dont have the special tools for that plastics which are keeping the bumper together with the body.

drill not problem, but you have holders for PDC sensors?
are "special" and bmw not sell this.