CarTechnoloGY
ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: VAG Group (VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley) (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi (/showthread.php?tid=34028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - alpaslanyasar - 26-03-2018

News: After rebooting the PC I can start ETKA anyway (no matter the error message about DLL)

But the START ETKA shortcut on desktop is not working because the start parameters are wrong. Use right click on the shortcut and correct it like this:

C:\ETKA\PROG\EtStart.exe C:\ETKA\PROG\etka_vw.ini

see the picture below.

And then you have to check in folder C:\ETKA\PROG\ all these files:

Etka_User_au.ini
Etka_User_se.ini
Etka_User_sk.ini
Etka_User_vw.ini

in each ini file the Updates folders are not specified!

Now change ALL entries like that:

Update_Source=C:\ETKA\DATA\AU\
Update_Source=C:\ETKA\DATA\SE\
Update_Source=C:\ETKA\DATA\SK\
Update_Source=C:\ETKA\DATA\VW\

Update_Source_Lan=C:\ETKA\DATA\AU\Update\
Update_Source_Lan=C:\ETKA\DATA\SE\Update\
Update_Source_Lan=C:\ETKA\DATA\SK\Update\
Update_Source_Lan=C:\ETKA\DATA\VW\Update\

Then ETKA and updates work well!!

If my post helped you, gladly I receive THANKS or REP +1

See it works with WIN 10 Professional 64 bit, and ensure that you have TEST MODE enabled see below, then you can install the 64 bit Sentinel driver

under

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - Kees B - 26-03-2018

Thanks, I checked the properties of my shortcut, but it is different, see picture (note the additional letter "N").

Also, all my ini files already show the correct update folders.

It did not solve my "Error 1009" issue, anyway.

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - alpaslanyasar - 26-03-2018

[/quote]
The f33nix edition works fine on most computers, and I am told the 64-bit issue for Windows 10 is fixed... just he has not made public this fix. dontknow he may send me to post.
[/quote]

This is true !! the f33nix version is great and easy to install (except on WIN 10 64 bit which is also possible but not so easy as on 32 bitl, you can see my instructions how to do that in my older post)

BUT f33nix version is the INTERNATIONAL ETKA version, the planet-fireball version is the GERMAN ETKA version (means all updates are different and have 'xxxxd.exe' suffix and prices are included).

If you are happy with the INTERNATIONAL PRICES you are happy with the f33nix version but the INTERNATIONAL version does not have the GERMAN prices.

(26-03-2018, 13:08 PM)Kees B Wrote:  Installation went well (Windows 10-64 bits), incl the dll patch and the emulator. Thanks so much!

When I try to open Etka, the attached "Error 1009: Cannot open hardlock driver" appears. We had this before with the previous version I think, but the fix indicated does not work anymore (dead link).
Any suggestion would be most welcome!

@Kees: Did you enable the test mode in W10 64 bit to install the HASP? See picture under

Q Kees:

ETKA 8.0 version works perfect on Windows 10 version 1709 64 bit when you follow the steps I write here:

Updated by alpaslanyasar 2018-03-26

Expected installation drive is C:\ETKA

1. Change in the Control Panel \ User Accounts \ Change User Account Control Settings for 'Never notify me' (Or type UAC in the program search location).

2. Remove all Windows folder and file save restrictions -if available-

3. Disable Windows Defender by group policy or in Security settings.

4. Open Windows Powershell as Administrator by right click on WINDOWS button). Execute the following commands from the command prompt with full administrative rights:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON
bcdedit.exe /set TESTSIGNING ON

Each command must get a successeful execution confirmation.

5. Execute file C:\ETKA\x64\MULTIKEY64\DSEO13B.EXE \ Next \ Yes \ Click Enable Test Mode \ Next \ OK \ Exit \ Next

6. Restart your computer (after restart you MUST see 'TEST MODE' on the desktop in the lower right corner, if not there is a problem by user right restrictions)

7. Open Windows Powershell as Administrator in folder C:\ETKA\x64\MULTIKEY64\ then type .\install.cmd

8. Execute file DSEO13B.EXE \ Next \ Yes \ Sign a System File \

Paste in the new window the full path and full file name C:\Windows\System32\drivers\multikeys.sys \ Click OK \ Exit \ Next

9. Restart your Computer

10. Start ETKA 8.0 and enjoy biggrin

cheers

If you like my post thanks your for your THANKS and + RATE

Thank you

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - sunaj - 26-03-2018

This software is messy sadly, poorly written code.
That is to say IMHO.

Need to correct the myth about international/German version talk: before you had to load separate etka version if you wanted German prices... But they now have made public release of German price files... So you no longer need separate etka I versions.

Go install f33nix version, choose Germany, and you will get prices!

The test-mode for etka 64-bit is no longer needed, the issue is with hardlock drivers and not the emulator.
Mr f33nix is creating a new version in next week with hardlock fix to install direct on 64-bit without test mode.

I have been testing for him, and it works very well.

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - Kees B - 26-03-2018

Issue "Error 1009" resolved.
I uninstalled Etka and the emulator and reinstalled it after enabling Windows 10 Test Mode as mentioned by alpaslanyasar.
Whether or not this was in fact required I do not know but fact is that Etka is working beautifully now.
If this happens to somebody else my suggestion (fwiw) would be to try to uninstall and re-install only the emulator at first.

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - KrAzYtHeBoY - 26-03-2018

DLL_PATCH not run for me. Windows says "VIRUS/TROJAN" and not run.

Win32/Fuerboos.D!cl

Im use Windows 10 32bits

(26-03-2018, 17:18 PM)KrAzYtHeBoY Wrote:  DLL_PATCH not run for me. Windows says "VIRUS/TROJAN" and not run.

Win32/Fuerboos.D!cl

Im use Windows 10 32bits

I guess that is why you should disable Windows Defender and your anti-virus program, as per the instructions....
Remember to repeat this after each reboot as they switch themselves on again.

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - sunaj - 26-03-2018

(26-03-2018, 18:36 PM)Kees B Wrote:  
(26-03-2018, 17:18 PM)KrAzYtHeBoY Wrote:  DLL_PATCH not run for me. Windows says "VIRUS/TROJAN" and not run.

Win32/Fuerboos.D!cl

Im use Windows 10 32bits

I guess that is why you should disable Windows Defender and your anti-virus program, as per the instructions....
Remember to repeat this after each reboot as they switch themselves on again.

If you need any dll patches, then you should ONLY download them from Microsoft. I am sure this is a false postive reading, but if it is not then it will be infecting many PC's

ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - planet-fireball - 26-03-2018

Win32/Fuerboos.D!cl

Im use Windows 10 32bits

DLL patch is virus/trojan safe, it intervenes in the
system to move/release .dll system files.

As a result, the internal Defender detects the patch as
a threat and have to be disabled first.

And I'm sure this DLL-Patch can't de downloaded at microsoft. rolling

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - moftah - 28-03-2018

can i used my account on partslink24 for search vin online?