CarTechnoloGY
ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: VAG Group (VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley) (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi (/showthread.php?tid=34028)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - paul99 - 20-12-2018

hi can someone help me i have this message (image does not exist)

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - itwasntme187 - 20-12-2018

(04-12-2018, 13:52 PM)veedabowlu Wrote:  Well, I followed "post #178"...
When I click on the new " EtStartn.exe" new shortcut, i literally get a SMALL window to pop up and them it disappears... I dont even get a chance to read what the window says...

remember, "I managed  to upgrade to 8.1 and get the Audi updates to work... program was running..."
and then it FORCED me to close it to continue updating it... now it does not open at all

Help?

Did you get this fixed? 
it happened to me yesterday and I went into panic mode. 
Figured I couldn't open the app so I will try and use the price and data updater to open the app but that kept failing to download an update but not because of internet connection. 

did some digging and for some reason the ETKA folder was set to read only so I changed the permissions on the folder and then started the updates again. once that was done the updates downloaded properly.
After all updates downloads were completed I hit the update ETKA and it loaded properly again.

You might have to move the files from the IX folder again as I also did that.

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - apoelistas - 21-12-2018

(20-12-2018, 21:45 PM)itwasntme187 Wrote:  
When I click on the new " EtStartn.exe" new shortcut, i literally get a SMALL window to pop up and them it disappears... I dont even get a chance to read what the window says...

remember, "I managed  to upgrade to 8.1 and get the Audi updates to work... program was running..."
and then it FORCED me to close it to continue updating it... now it does not open at all

Help?

Did you get this fixed? 
Figured I couldn't open the app so I will try and use the price and data updater to open the app but that kept failing to download an update but not because of internet connection. 

did some digging and for some reason the ETKA folder was set to read only so I changed the permissions on the folder and then started the updates again. once that was done the updates downloaded properly.
After all updates downloads were completed I hit the update ETKA and it loaded properly again.

So what is your latest VW/Audi update?

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - szh911 - 23-12-2018

I have been testing for him, and it works very well.

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - apoelistas - 23-12-2018

You don't get some of the latest updates using this method only. Do you fail to answer my question delibarately or intentionally because you know you don't have the latest updates?? Soon you etka will expire again.

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - Keithuk - 26-12-2018

When you install ETKA 7.5 & 8.0 the installed icon is normally the country selected when you install. The shortcut on the desktop only runs the bat file.

I like all desktop icons to show the app that is running. I extracted the icon from C:\ETKA\Prog1\Etka7.exe with IcoFX 1.6 and saved the icon to the ETKA folder.

I changed the properties to:

C:\ETKA\PROG\EtStart.exe C:\ETKA\PROG\etka_vw.ini and added to new icon.

With ETKA.ico.

I still can't get ETKA 8.1 to install. I've tried every tip/trick listed in here.

On this system no ETKA8 installation found, The installation will be aborted.

The prices.txt is the old one.

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=13160&page=3

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - itwasntme187 - 27-12-2018

(21-12-2018, 09:36 AM)apoelistas Wrote:  
(20-12-2018, 21:45 PM)itwasntme187 Wrote:  

Help?

Did you get this fixed? 

So what is your latest VW/Audi update?

I have the latest ETKA version and program updates

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - qwerty100 - 28-12-2018

Hi All,

I've got some issues with file "ETKA8_Germany_International_2018.part16.rar"
It looks like broken?

Thank
BR

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - adit - 28-12-2018

Thanks to all!!! I have 8.1 running fine with all of the updates installed. 

I am running into an issue with the KrAzYtHeBoY Price and Data updaters (https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=13160&pid=137237#pid137237).  I get an error (Error, not found disk: Error - Unable to update: C:\ETKA\DATA\SE\Data1) when I run either (see pic attached).

If I run the 'ETK8_2018-V1_CORRECTION-INT.exe' in post #178 file it corrupts the entire 8.1 installation (I keep a backup so not a problem to restore).  I wasn't sure if this would fix (it didn't so I would make sure to not run the Correction-INT file on 8.1) the updater problem after 8.1 was installed.  When I open ETKA after this I get a small box that flashes and closes so fast I can't read it, ETKA never opens.

I tried electric78's updater fix here https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=13160&pid=402234#pid402234 but that did not work either. 

I did run manual updates with the attached info.

Anyone have any suggestions for a fix to the updaters?

Thanks...ADIT

EDIT 01/03/2019:

I renamed the SE (C:\ETKA\DATA\SE) directory to SE1.  This got the updater past SE and hung on SK.  I renamed SK (C:\ETKA\DATA\SK) to SK1.  The updater then worked fine for VW and AU. 

Since I didn't really need SE & SK I just deleted the folders (SE1/SK1) that I just renamed to shrink the VM size by 6GB.

Then I removed SE & SK from the ETKA startup ini file based on an old post I made here - https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=14810

RE: ETKA 8 [Germany + International] v2018 32/64Bit + Latest Updates - VW/Seat/Skoda/Audi - Cool0815 - 28-12-2018

(28-12-2018, 17:08 PM)qwerty100 Wrote:  Hi All,
I've got some issues with file "ETKA8_Germany_International_2018.part16.rar"
It looks like broken?
Thank
BR

use WINRar 5.61
you can find it here