CarTechnoloGY
Kess and Ktag error reading Magneti Marelli - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Kess and Ktag error reading Magneti Marelli (/showthread.php?tid=35866)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Kess and Ktag error reading Magneti Marelli - eltoke - 26-06-2018

I do not know if this topic leaves a bit of the thread of the forum, but I have the following question and would like to know your opinions.
I need to do an EGR Off to a VW T5 TDI Engine CDAA 75KW (EDC17CP20)
But since I am new in this chiptuner world I would like to have a safe alternative, in case something goes wrong.
I thought to buy an ECU EDC17CP20 and start the read and write tests in the spare ecu. Then if everything went well, read the original ECU and clone it with the spare ECU. But as I read the ecu EDC17CP20 can not be cloned, the most that can be achieved is to make an Immo Off
Is this true? You can not clone these ECUs
What do you recommend to me, to try to ensure the whole process?
This would be my first job with a client and I do not want to leave him without a car.

RE: Kess and Ktag error reading Magneti Marelli - blackadder - 28-06-2018

(26-06-2018, 07:20 AM)figani Wrote:  
(22-05-2018, 07:06 AM)8baller Wrote:  both occasions you say have low voltage, this can cause a lot of problems

- you should always use a stabilized battery charger when reading / writing using kess
- for ktag go to maplins and buy a power supply, i use a tenma one, 5a 30v (both adjustable, i normally set at 14v 2.5a)

if kess identified the ecu (showing you SW/HW) but would not read then it shows you the tool is working, but telling you there is an error somewhere

with these old Marelli ecu they will create you nightmare always! some work and some dont. i did a few of these a few years ago for grasstrack racing (especially the 1.0s) just to add a few extra hp for the drivers, some would read and some wouldn't!

have you checked that these ecu are 100% compatible with tools? i know that some engine code read ok, some dont

ive never blocked an ecu when reading, but thats not to say that it 'could' happen. you should try a simple car like 2003-2008 vag both by obd and by bench, as if everything fail ecu is easy to replace smile preferably diesel rather than petrol too!

the world of naturally aspirated petrol tuning is not fun and not stress free, always

EDIT: i just search google for your ecu SW number, 036906034FD, i find nothing, so maybe nobody have success in reading this ecu?

hi...
on my posts you see that I´m a newbie...
glad to be here...

I have a similar problem...

Skoda from 2008.... magneti marelli 4MV... 036906034DF 5954....

with Kess make ID... same as Post thread starter...

but then it was possible to read, 512kb... complete reading... car starts normaly...

modified file with checksum... Kess asked before writing also after ori file...

start to write... writing complete...

Car don´t start... it´s like immo problem... car start for a second and go out... like immo...

try to recover/write/read again.... I get only messages.... error while transfering data... or wrong security code...

I try it also with 14V but no results, all same...

with vcds... wrong ecu coding is stored...

desolder eeprom and wrote immo off... and kess can write/recover/read and so on...

wrote ori flash... but car don´t start... wrote also immo on, back on eeprom... car start...whew

but my problem is not solved... I have longer dtc stored in flash... try to make dtc off...

does anyone know if kess v5017 has a bug checksum calculating with this kind of ecu...???

thanks in any case
Hi!I have me7.5.10 and simos3.Both with kess v5017 clone read and write without problem and cheksum is ok!Voltage 12.3-12.5.

RE: Kess and Ktag error reading Magneti Marelli - mzg - 06-08-2019

(23-05-2018, 13:13 PM)mircea13 Wrote:  you need to open ecu take metal cover off eeprom(soic8)and bridge pins 4 and 5 with a wire. then you can read with fgtech via kline

Excellent solution! Simple, easy and reliable. Kess killed, but Galletto have recovered. VW Bora 1.6 2001 Magneti Marelli 4MV.

[Image: 9371914700_1472576215.jpg]
Pin 1-2 GND
Pin 3-4 12V
Pin 43 K-Line
Pin 60 Can H
Pin 58 Can L

Thank you.