CarTechnoloGY
F30 NBT EVO retrofit, GPS antenna problem - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: F30 NBT EVO retrofit, GPS antenna problem (/showthread.php?tid=37236)

Pages: 1 2

F30 NBT EVO retrofit, GPS antenna problem - phydor - 10-07-2018

Hi there guys, I have made an NBT EVO retrofit on my F30 (with emulator, at the moment, i plan to remove it and get FSC codes).The problem is that I don't get GPS position correctly.If I click in on NAVI, in GPS COORDINATES I get some data from the location of the previous owner in France.I have modified the coding of the head unit, still no change.
The unit had ADAS_GPS Aktiv and GPS_FROM_NAVI Aktiv.I've deactivated them and activated SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER.
Still no change, what am I doing wrong?nerd

RE: F30 NBT EVO retrofit, GPS antenna problem - bmwcoder75 - 10-07-2018

(10-07-2018, 12:09 PM)phydor Wrote:  Hi there guys, I have made an NBT EVO retrofit on my F30 (with emulator, at the moment, i plan to remove it and get FSC codes).The problem is that I don't get GPS position correctly.If I click in on NAVI, in GPS COORDINATES I get some data from the location of the previous owner in France.I have modified the coding of the head unit, still no change.
The unit had ADAS_GPS Aktiv and GPS_FROM_NAVI Aktiv.I've deactivated them and activated SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER.
y]

Check Telematic entry.
Make sure it is not active
Also you need to drive before location resets

RE: F30 NBT EVO retrofit, GPS antenna problem - phydor - 10-07-2018

(10-07-2018, 12:27 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  
(10-07-2018, 12:09 PM)phydor Wrote:  Hi there guys, I have made an NBT EVO retrofit on my F30 (with emulator, at the moment, i plan to remove it and get FSC codes).The problem is that I don't get GPS position correctly.If I click in on NAVI, in GPS COORDINATES I get some data from the location of the previous owner in France.I have modified the coding of the head unit, still no change.
y]

Check Telematic entry.
I drove it for 150 km. I''ll check one more time through the coding.

(10-07-2018, 12:41 PM)phydor Wrote:  
y]

Check Telematic entry.

You may have coded it wrong with 07.2016 build date which would have activated ATM as the Telrmatic_ecu entry

(10-07-2018, 12:53 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  
y]

Check Telematic entry.

You may have coded it wrong with 07.2016 build date which would have activated ATM as the Telrmatic_ecu entry
Thank you a lot!!! That did the trick.Do you any idea why is it still blanking video despite modifying all the parameters?

(10-07-2018, 15:15 PM)phydor Wrote:  
(10-07-2018, 12:53 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  
y]

Check Telematic entry.

Thank you a lot!!! That did the trick.Do you any idea why is it still blanking video despite modifying all the parameters?

Blanking video what do you mean by that?

(10-07-2018, 16:12 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  Blanking video what do you mean by that?
I was talking about VIDEO in Motion.I made some research and found the parameters.Seems that I could have video on unlimited speed if I stay on ID4.But I would want to pass to ID5 for carplay.How can I do that?What happens with the emulator when I am flashing ID5?I must change the VIN of the EVO and revert it back after the upgrade?

RE: F30 NBT EVO retrofit, GPS antenna problem - FSCmap - 15-07-2018

You can get FSC and VIM on usb.
No additional coding neeeded.

RE: F30 NBT EVO retrofit, GPS antenna problem - sqorpius - 15-07-2018

You can just simply code VIM on ID5/6, just look in a different direction (not speedlock values). NO BIN files needed

RE: F30 NBT EVO retrofit, GPS antenna problem - phydor - 16-07-2018

(15-07-2018, 14:42 PM)sqorpius Wrote:  You can just simply code VIM on ID5/6, just look in a different direction (not speedlock values). NO BIN files needed
But there s the limitation of 67km/h.You mean other parameters?