CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ GALETTO V54 INSTALL PROBLEMS XP - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CHIPTUNING (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Solved ✔ GALETTO V54 INSTALL PROBLEMS XP (/showthread.php?tid=37320)

GALETTO V54 INSTALL PROBLEMS XP - Ecutech - 12-07-2018

Hi all,

Win xp x32 sp3, have all c++ installed etc

I install galetto software, get the licence popup, close, then reinstall galetto again. Double click the eobd icon and nothing happens.

Im sure its a driver issue. The ones that came on the disk don't seem to work. Downloaded them from ftdi website and still no joy. I have downloaded the usb fix and cant get that to work either.

Inbetween installing these drivers i delete them from windows/system and windows/system32 to start afresh.

Galetto is recognised in device manager as a usb serial device. Is that correct?

6 hours i've spent on this and no further forward.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thank you.

[SOLVED] GALETTO XP INSTALL PROBLEMS - Ecutech - 13-07-2018

Still fighting this. Why when i plug in galetto am i getting found new hardware popup calling it a usb <-> serial. The add new hardware wizard doesnt show up. Just a box saying files needed ftdibus.sys. i have removed everything from registry and system 32. Why not recognised as fgtech?

RE: Galetto v54 xp - blackpirate - 13-07-2018

(13-07-2018, 16:52 PM)Ecutech Wrote:  Still fighting this. Why when i plug in galetto am i getting found new hardware popup calling it a usb <-> serial. The add new hardware wizard doesnt show up. Just a box saying files needed ftdibus.sys. i have removed everything from registry and system 32. Why not recognised as fgtech?

u need use mprog and flsah the fgtech.ept smile

RE: Galetto v54 xp - Ecutech - 13-07-2018

(13-07-2018, 19:51 PM)blackpirate Wrote:  
(13-07-2018, 16:52 PM)Ecutech Wrote:  Still fighting this. Why when i plug in galetto am i getting found new hardware popup calling it a usb <-> serial. The add new hardware wizard doesnt show up. Just a box saying files needed ftdibus.sys. i have removed everything from registry and system 32. Why not recognised as fgtech?

u need use mprog and flsah the fgtech.ept smile

Is that the one in the usbfix1? I cant get it to see the galetto. Should i install galletto as a serial device first?

RE: Galetto v54 xp - noyabryanin - 14-07-2018

yes, the device must be installed as usb <-> serial. Then use use mprog and flsah the fgtech.ept

RE: GALETTO V54 INSTALL PROBLEMS - noyabryanin - 14-07-2018

New drivers from the FTDI site erase information from Chinese chips.

RE: GALETTO V54 INSTALL PROBLEMS - Ecutech - 14-07-2018

SOLVED..for anyone searching how to fix this, i had to find the usb fix2 online and write the chip with the .ept in that folder. Disconnect the galetto then reconnect and you will get the new hardware found box with the device name FGTech and not serial usb. God knows why these are sold not working from the box!

RE: Galetto v54 xp - Ecutech - 14-07-2018

SOLVED..for anyone searching how to fix this, i had to find the usb fix2 online and write the chip with the .ept in that folder. Disconnect the galetto then reconnect and you will get the new hardware found box with the device name FGTech and not serial usb. God knows why these are sold not working from the box!