CarTechnoloGY
BMW F10 6WA KOMBI dead after flash - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: BMW F10 6WA KOMBI dead after flash (/showthread.php?tid=38989)

Pages: 1 2 3

BMW F10 6WA KOMBI dead after flash - EdgaBMW - 30-08-2018

Hi,

tried retrofit 6wa cluster in F10 2010. Changed vin, deleted mileage.When tried detect CAFD e-sys gave error. Then i tried flash kombi. Flashing procedure ended with errors and after that cluster is completely dead, don't show anything, any lights up and etc. Is there any way to make it alive?

RE: BMW F10 6WA KOMBI dead after flash - bmw335coding - 30-08-2018

(30-08-2018, 14:38 PM)EdgaBMW Wrote:  Hi,

tried retrofit 6wa cluster in F10 2010. Changed vin, deleted mileage.When tried detect CAFD e-sys gave error. Then i tried flash kombi. Flashing procedure ended with errors and after that cluster is completely dead, don't show anything, any lights up and etc. Is there any way to make it alive?

What happens when you press Read ECU in Esys?

RE: BMW F10 6WA KOMBI dead after flash - milkyway - 30-08-2018

Hello!

Typical error due to wrong TAL calucaltion. Let me guess, you can see Kombi in SVT (read ecu) but there's one SWFL marked as UNKWN. Easy to solve, new correct flash is needed.

CU Oliver

RE: BMW F10 6WA KOMBI dead after flash - EdgaBMW - 30-08-2018

i didn't noticed SWFL, but after flashing failed, i tried again detect CAFD and E-sys allowed me to chose CAFD file and code kombi. But nothing changed.
Can you please tell me how to solve it. Thanks in advance and sorry for my english smile

(30-08-2018, 15:09 PM)milkyway Wrote:  Hello!

Typical error due to wrong TAL calucaltion. Let me guess, you can see Kombi in SVT (read ecu) but there's one SWFL marked as UNKWN. Easy to solve, new correct flash is needed.

CU Oliver

RE: BMW F10 6WA KOMBI dead after flash - Batje - 30-08-2018

Calculate a new tal, make sure you let ESYS probe the modules to generate the SVT instead of reading it out of the VCM. When calculating SVT target under the KOMBI HWEL should be in black, if it's not you need to change the build date of your FA or you might have to change shipment I-step for it to line up. HWEL represents the physical HardWare ELectronics, so if it doesn't match up you will be flashing the kombi with a software version it doesn't support. after changing build date and/or shipment I-step you should do another SVT calculation. Keep repeating with another shipment i-step/build date until HWEL becomes black under KOMBI. Also make sure you've added 6WA to the FA. ONLY FLASH KOMBI WITH THIS MODIFIED FA AND SVT.

Report back if this works or if you've received other errors wink

Thanks for the reply!
Sorry i'm newbie in E-sys smile What exactly do you have in mind "make sure you let ESYS probe the modules to generate the SVT instead of reading it out of the VCM." Then what do button "HW-IDs from SVTactual"?

Thanks

(30-08-2018, 16:50 PM)EdgaBMW Wrote:  Thanks for the reply!
Sorry i'm newbie in E-sys smile What exactly do you have in mind "make sure you let ESYS probe the modules to generate the SVT instead of reading it out of the VCM." Then what do button "HW-IDs from SVTactual"?

Thanks

In The SVT Actual section of the TAL calculation page there are two buttons Read SVT and Read(ECU).

You should click the read(ECU) button.
This let's ESYS search for modules on all networks of the car instead of reading the SVT from the VCM.

If you ticked the option to write VCM after TAL execution it will write the SVT you're working with to the car's VCM.

The VCM is only a place holder to store the car's FA, I-step records and SVT.
Therefor if you read the SVT out of the VCM it might still list your old KOMBI, while if you let ESYS probe for ECU's it will detect your new 6WA cluster wink

(30-08-2018, 18:18 PM)Batje Wrote:  
(30-08-2018, 16:50 PM)EdgaBMW Wrote:  Thanks for the reply!

Thanks

In The SVT Actual section of the TAL calculation page there are two buttons Read SVT and Read(ECU).

You should click the read(ECU) button.
This let's ESYS search for modules on all networks of the car instead of reading the SVT from the VCM.

If you ticked the option to write VCM after TAL execution it will write the SVT you're working with to the car's VCM.

The VCM is only a place holder to store the car's FA, I-step records and SVT.
Therefor if you read the SVT out of the VCM it might still list your old KOMBI, while if you let ESYS probe for ECU's it will detect your new 6WA cluster wink

Thanks again, i will try tomorrow again smile
Can you please tell me what do button "HW-IDs from SVTactual"?
I thought that when you press it after svt_soll calculaction, it's no need find actual i-level of ecu?

(30-08-2018, 19:07 PM)EdgaBMW Wrote:  I thought that when you press it after svt_soll calculaction, it's no need find actual i-level of ecu?

I've only retrofitted a kombi twice before and have always used this time consuming method successfully.

Yes after you've calculated your target SVT and pressing HW ID from SVT actual it should use the same hardware target however i'm not sure if it recalculates the software portion of it as well since i haven't tried it like that yet. Try pressing it after your target SVT calculation and try to look if it changes the SW as well. if it does your target SVT should be good to go, if not you might have to use my time consuming method biggrin

also have you checked the prerequisites and flashed those to the same I-step as well?
You should flash these using your original FA and SVT before attempting to flash the KOMBI.
And always remember you should only flash your KOMBI with the modified FA and SVT, nothing else or it might mess up your car even further thinking

RE: BMW F10 6WA KOMBI dead after flash - EdgaBMW - 31-08-2018

And tried again with different build date, and pressing HW ID from SVT actual, flash ended with errors, cafd also with errors but kombi is alive and ista shows no errors...