CarTechnoloGY
How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Ford - Mazda (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+---- Thread: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... (/showthread.php?tid=39197)

How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - Rik - 06-09-2018

Anyone knows how to use same VCM2 unit for FORD and Mazda and JLR and Honda and....
On same PC with same Windows 7 installation?
Or same VCM2 unit and multiple computers and operating systems one for each brand?

RE: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - xtac1080 - 06-09-2018

(06-09-2018, 18:49 PM)Rik Wrote:  Anyone knows how to use same VCM2 unit for FORD and Mazda and JLR and Honda and....
Or same VCM2 unit and multiple computers and operating systems one for each brand?

I don't think you can have Ford IDS & Mazda IDS on the same partition, the rest I'm not sure. I have one laptop with a virtual machine for each manufacturer, to avoid any driver/file conflicts.

RE: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - Rik - 06-09-2018

(06-09-2018, 19:44 PM)xtac1080 Wrote:  
(06-09-2018, 18:49 PM)Rik Wrote:  Anyone knows how to use same VCM2 unit for FORD and Mazda and JLR and Honda and....

I don't think you can have Ford IDS & Mazda IDS on the same partition, the rest I'm not sure. I have one laptop with a virtual machine for each manufacturer, to avoid any driver/file conflicts.

and no problem with the VCM2 firmware?

RE: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - xtac1080 - 07-09-2018

(06-09-2018, 19:47 PM)Rik Wrote:  

Not sure what you are asking. I have a legit VCM2 so I don't have any issues using it across Honda, Ford, Jaguar, Mazda, Toyota with the latest firmware version.

RE: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - skygear - 07-09-2018

(07-09-2018, 02:03 AM)xtac1080 Wrote:  
(06-09-2018, 19:47 PM)Rik Wrote:  

Not sure what you are asking. I have a legit VCM2 so I don't have any issues using it across Honda, Ford, Jaguar, Mazda, Toyota with the latest firmware version.

I'm assuming here. Asking if you can install all the suites on the same computer without separate VM's and have them all work

RE: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - xtac1080 - 07-09-2018

Mazda & Ford highly unlikely as the framework is too similar. Maybe others but I haven't tested nor would I risk the trouble it could cause.

RE: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - Rik - 07-09-2018

VMs for me are too slow, I prefer install it from scratch, even if need seperated computers/partitions/operating system!
My question is about VCM2 hardware, if the same VCM2 unit can work with FORD, Mazda, JLR, Honda, Toyota...

RE: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - mattydr67 - 07-09-2018

In this case use Boot-IT or EasyBCD
You will have all in one computer but separatelly.
You can install partition for each as Ford IDS, Mazda IDS, JLR SDD, Suzuki SDT2, Toyota Techstream, Nissan Consult 3+ and that peaple said thats working.
Good luck

RE: How to same VCM2 for FORD+Mazda+... - norabitox - 27-09-2018

Hello
Thank you for the information
If you do not mind
Would you please tell me a little more detail
I need only Japanese cars
Best Regards