CarTechnoloGY
Honda Accord euro 2005 engine jerks - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: Honda - Acura (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Thread: Honda Accord euro 2005 engine jerks (/showthread.php?tid=42148)

Honda Accord euro 2005 engine jerks - salaausi - 12-11-2018

My car is Honda accord euro 2005 Manual transmission. Electronic throttle body and drive by wire (Accelerator Pedal Position sensor)

Car has an abnormal idle when at cold start, at cold start it revs about 1500-2000rpm,then when engine comes heated up to 90c degrees rpm reduced to 850-900rpm. But if I do a sudden accelerate at idle it gives an sudden engine jerks like a misfire or "no clue" what it was. I did cleaned throttle body well and re fixed and also re-learend. Also bleed air from the coolant system. Also cleaned the PCV valve and checked for vacuum leaks(didn't find any leaks at all)

But the problem is still there. Still engine jerking at sudden acceleration while at idle also when driving on the road at low rpm's. 

I'm clueless now what's wrong with my car?   hiddentmi Anybody here had this issue before? 

No error codes shown in the scanner. (launch x431 pro)

Also I have attached a photo which I tool while I do a test on ETCS. That test was failed due to this error. I checked the ETCS relay. but the relay was good.   nerd

Appreciate any help!!  talking  

Cheers!

RE: Honda Accord euro 2005 engine jerks - auto2000 - 13-11-2018

(12-11-2018, 09:59 AM)salaausi Wrote:  My car is Honda accord euro 2005 Manual transmission. Electronic throttle body and drive by wire (Accelerator Pedal Position sensor)

Car has an abnormal idle when at cold start, at cold start it revs about 1500-2000rpm,then when engine comes heated up to 90c degrees rpm reduced to 850-900rpm. But if I do a sudden accelerate at idle it gives an sudden engine jerks like a misfire or "no clue" what it was. I did cleaned throttle body well and re fixed and also re-learend. Also bleed air from the coolant system. Also cleaned the PCV valve and checked for vacuum leaks(didn't find any leaks at all)

But the problem is still there. Still engine jerking at sudden acceleration while at idle also when driving on the road at low rpm's. 

I'm clueless now what's wrong with my car?   hiddentmi Anybody here had this issue before? 

Also I have attached a photo which I tool while I do a test on ETCS. That test was failed due to this error. I checked the ETCS relay. but the relay was good.   nerd

Cheers!

check your ignitions coils may be they are ageing fail

RE: Honda Accord euro 2005 engine jerks - salaausi - 16-11-2018

(13-11-2018, 13:38 PM)auto2000 Wrote:  
(12-11-2018, 09:59 AM)salaausi Wrote:  My car is Honda accord euro 2005 Manual transmission. Electronic throttle body and drive by wire (Accelerator Pedal Position sensor)

Cheers!

check your ignitions coils may be they are ageing fail

replaced with the brand new 4 coils. Still the same. Cold start idle is higher than normal. Then the engine reaches the 90c degree it comes down to around 850rpm, but in idle if I press the accelerate paddle for quick acceleration engine jerks. Also while driving about even 60kmh if I sudden accelerate engine jerks with abnormal rev.

I did a compression test today and it was good. cyl1 - 185psi , cyl2-190psi, cyl3 -185psi, cyl4- 185psi.

I'm pretty sure this is not a mechanical issue. Whats going on with this car? Maaaan!!

whew

RE: Honda Accord euro 2005 engine jerks - xtac1080 - 16-11-2018

Very strange no codes are thrown. What engine? Start fresh with an ECM reset followed by the proper throttle relearn procedure (do it on a cold start):

If that doesn't correct your issue, I'd move on to looking at the MAF in particular. Fire up HDS if you have it and data log a test drive then review. Something is throwing off the balance, and I'll bet it's on the air side of things unless you've low fuel rail pressure.

RE: Honda Accord euro 2005 engine jerks - shadab - 09-07-2019

Attach scanner, delete error codes, if any, go to engine, press the tab reset ecm, then press the tab TP position reset and follow the instructions.