CarTechnoloGY
G30 coding questions - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: G30 coding questions (/showthread.php?tid=43439)

Pages: 1 2 3

G30 coding questions - Fatalix - 08-12-2018

Hey  handshake

Im dealing with a G30 with a couple of different coding wishes.

Is it possible to change the actual color of the car in the iDrive? As the current is black, and the actual car is white? 

Video in Motion coding. As far as i have understood it is currently locked to 63kph as far as it is coded active. Is there no way to activate this to unlimited kph? Using SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE would only make it available up to 63kph.

Start up in Adaptive Drive mode, is this possible instead of the standard Comfort mode? 

DRL lights active front and rear in the daytime. Is this possible to enable? As far as i can read SA8TL does not appeal to G series. 

Thanks alot!  wink2

RE: G30 coding questions - Almaretto - 08-12-2018

(08-12-2018, 18:51 PM)Fatalix Wrote:  Hey  handshake

Is it possible to change the actual color of the car in the iDrive? As the current is black, and the actual car is white? 

Video in Motion coding. As far as i have understood it is currently locked to 63kph as far as it is coded active. Is there no way to activate this to unlimited kph? Using SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE would only make it available up to 63kph.

Start up in Adaptive Drive mode, is this possible instead of the standard Comfort mode? 

DRL lights active front and rear in the daytime. Is this possible to enable? As far as i can read SA8TL does not appeal to G series. 

Thanks alot!  wink2

Not that I am aware.

Speed is locked by bitmask, preventing higher than 3F = 63 kph.

Yes in BDC Body.

No.

RE: G30 coding questions - sqorpius - 08-12-2018

(08-12-2018, 20:14 PM)Almaretto Wrote:  
(08-12-2018, 18:51 PM)Fatalix Wrote:  Hey  handshake

Thanks alot!  wink2

Not that I am aware.

Speed is locked by bitmask, preventing higher than 3F = 63 kph.

Yes in BDC Body.

No.

DRL front and rear in BDC, are you sure? Could you please elaborate the FDL lines?

RE: G30 coding questions - Almaretto - 08-12-2018

(08-12-2018, 23:21 PM)sqorpius Wrote:  
(08-12-2018, 20:14 PM)Almaretto Wrote:  
(08-12-2018, 18:51 PM)Fatalix Wrote:  1. Is it possible to change the actual color of the car in the iDrive? As the current is black, and the actual car is white? 

2. Video in Motion coding. As far as i have understood it is currently locked to 63kph as far as it is coded active. Is there no way to activate this to unlimited kph? Using SPEEDLOCK_SPEEDVALUE would only make it available up to 63kph.

3. Start up in Adaptive Drive mode, is this possible instead of the standard Comfort mode? 

4. DRL lights active front and rear in the daytime. Is this possible to enable? As far as i can read SA8TL does not appeal to G series. 

Thanks alot!  wink2

1. Not that I am aware.

2. Speed is locked by bitmask, preventing higher than 3F = 63 kph.

3. Yes in BDC Body.

4. No.

DRL front and rear in BDC, are you sure? Could you please elaborate the FDL lines?

No. You misunderstood. See numbering.

RE: G30 coding questions - MicRofT - 10-12-2018

Hi,

If I could add my two questions regarding G30 coding:
1) How can I disable acoustic seatbelt reminder for driver (which module and option name)?
2) Where can I find and disable HORN_AT_SECURE option, at least that's how it was called in F10 and it was in CAS module by then.

Thanks smile

RE: G30 coding questions - Almaretto - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 07:38 AM)MicRofT Wrote:  Hi,

If I could add my two questions regarding G30 coding:
1) How can I disable acoustic seatbelt reminder for driver (which module and option name)?
2) Where can I find and disable HORN_AT_SECURE option, at least that's how it was called in F10 and it was in CAS module by then.

Thanks smile
1. ACSM, like all other chassis.
2. BDC_Body (either 17BC or 5FA9).

(10-12-2018, 07:49 AM)Almaretto Wrote:  1. ACSM, like all other chassis.

Thanks  yes 

I have 4 CAFDs in BDC_Body, but only one seems to contain any useful options. However, on this one I am not getting any descriptions or names - only UNBELEGT everywhere. I am using Launcher PRO V2 - do You think this might cause the problem? Full psdzdata v4.14.30.

RE: G30 coding questions - Almaretto - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 08:08 AM)MicRofT Wrote:  
(10-12-2018, 07:49 AM)Almaretto Wrote:  1. ACSM, like all other chassis.

Thanks  yes 

I have 4 CAFDs in BDC_Body, but only one seems to contain any useful options. However, on this one I am not getting any descriptions or names - only UNBELEGT everywhere. I am using Launcher PRO V2 - do You think this might cause the problem? Full psdzdata v4.14.30.

Multiple have useful functions. Could be because using Pro 2 rather than 3. Could also be incorrectly configured. 

Full is only needed if flashing; it offers no additional benefit for coding.

(10-12-2018, 08:10 AM)Almaretto Wrote:  Multiple have useful functions. Could be because using Pro 2 rather than 3. Could also be incorrectly configured. 

Full is only needed if flashing; it offers no additional benefit for coding.

I don't believe it is a configuration problem - there is not much to configure in Launcher PRO and, besides, this is the first CAFD file that I see scrambled, every other file in F-series cars was viewed properly. Though this is the first time I tried to program G-series car. But even if so, I did manage to program MSA_MEMORY without any issues.

Yes, I know about the Lite/Full difference, but since I tend to upgrade ISTA using DELTA files (with SDP and BLP), I am left with full programming data.

RE: G30 coding questions - MicRofT - 19-12-2018

Hello,

I am going back to my trimmed CAFD problem in BDC_BODY2. I tried to change Java to 64-bit, increase memory in Launcher, disable some KIS entries, but the problem still persists. I cannot get a reply for TokenMaster so for now I only have access to Launcher PRO 2.

The CAFD file I mentioned is attached to this post. Could someone please check if it is possible to open it and read all the names properly? And hopefully help me find a reason why I cannot read values in this module, while others can be read properly (at least the ones I tried)?

Thanks.