CarTechnoloGY
BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY (/showthread.php?tid=43680)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - kubixix - 21-04-2019

(08-02-2019, 06:24 AM)Almaretto Wrote:  
(08-02-2019, 06:03 AM)BimmerSLO Wrote:  One question..... is it possible to also use this remote access for diagnostics with ISTA?

Yes

Hello, can you tell how to? 
I can successfully connect with Esys but got problems with ISTA.
Direct connection with ipp from remote hamachi?

RE: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - kubixix - 22-04-2019

I solved it by using connection through ediabas.
The thing is that ENET diagnostic port is 6801 and control port is 6811. For example if I want to use DE file reader it says that ignition is off. I think it’s because lack of connection on port 6811. If someone has solution for that? Ista is working fine, it doesn’t need controlport from what i saw.

RE: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - kmodel99 - 24-04-2019

(13-12-2018, 11:48 AM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  There you go, I compiled this document for you guys.

This is my own method. Many other VPN clients available, or can be done via home router too.
Especially useful when remote client does not have E-Sys or you do not want the remote client to see how you do.

I was able to compile this doc and make my own procedure thanks to some posters who helped out by pointing me to the right direction.

Thanks and Rep please then PM for password

PM (Private Message) for password, do NOT post in thread for it, it will be removed.

Thanks, Admin.

Please cleanup your Private MEssages.

RE: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - bmwcoder75 - 24-04-2019

New document updated with additional info and no more password
Enjoy

RE: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - mashi1228 - 24-07-2019

very thanks.
good work

(22-04-2019, 08:55 AM)kubixix Wrote:  I solved it by using connection through ediabas.
The thing is that ENET diagnostic port is 6801 and control port is 6811. For example if I want to use DE file reader it says that ignition is off. I think it’s because lack of connection on port 6811. If someone has solution for that? Ista is working fine, it doesn’t need controlport from what i saw.

thanks.

RE: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - emhtuning - 24-07-2019

in order for ista+ to work remotely , easiest way is to your easyconnect to configure Ediabas as ENET and use the generated VPN IP address as Enet IP address . then change the interface settings in ISTA+ to "Ediabas.ini" , usually its first option in the list .

I use that everyday ( I use teamviewer VPN option since i have paid account ) , works perfectly fine .

(24-07-2019, 09:30 AM)emhtuning Wrote:  in order for ista+ to work remotely , easiest way is to your easyconnect to configure Ediabas as ENET and use the generated VPN IP address as Enet IP address . then change the interface settings in ISTA+ to "Ediabas.ini" , usually its first option in the list .

I use that everyday ( I use teamviewer VPN option since i have paid account ) , works perfectly fine .

oh thanks.

RE: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - mashi1228 - 01-08-2019

(24-07-2019, 09:30 AM)emhtuning Wrote:  in order for ista+ to work remotely , easiest way is to your easyconnect to configure Ediabas as ENET and use the generated VPN IP address as Enet IP address . then change the interface settings in ISTA+ to "Ediabas.ini" , usually its first option in the list .

I have a question. I try to firmware update kombi and nbt with vpn, so I fail due to dhcp problem. Is there any way? I'm using Team Viewer.
All other modules are being updated well.
thanks.

RE: BMW Coding Via VPN Documentation DIY - bmwcoder75 - 01-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 15:02 PM)mashi1228 Wrote:  

I have a question. I try to firmware update kombi and nbt with vpn, so I fail due to dhcp problem. Is there any way? I'm using Team Viewer.
All other modules are being updated well.
thanks.

Copy the files locally and install esys. Do it this way