CarTechnoloGY
How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? (/showthread.php?tid=45911)

Pages: 1 2

How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - mikechang0823 - 02-02-2019

Hi Everyone,
My car is G30.I had got FSC code from this community.How to import these codes using eSYS in order to fix kafas4 for SLI function? Could you provide step by step direction for me? Thank you in advance.

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - Almaretto - 02-02-2019

1. Export Mode > FSC-Extended
2. Diag Address: 0x5d
3. Press Identify
4. From list: Select “StoreFSC” and press “>>” button. Select “CheckFSC” and press “>>” button.
6. At end of "FSC:" box, Press “…” button and select “FSC_XXXXXXX_######.fsc” file.
7. Press “Start” button and check for two “ok” results.
8. Repeat step 6 as needed.

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - mikechang0823 - 10-03-2019

Hi Almaretto
How to get or buy FSC code for KAFAS4 of G30?
(02-02-2019, 06:05 AM)Almaretto Wrote:  1. Export Mode > FSC-Extended
3. Press Identify
4. From list: Select “StoreFSC” and press “>>” button. Select “CheckFSC” and press “>>” button.
6. At end of "FSC:" box, Press “…” button and select “FSC_XXXXXXX_######.fsc” file.

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - emhtuning - 10-03-2019

(10-03-2019, 03:37 AM)mikechang0823 Wrote:  Hi Almaretto
3. Press Identify

you just said that you already got ( bought maybe ) FSC from someone here , now you are asking how to buy ?  hiddentmi

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - mikechang0823 - 10-03-2019

Hi,
I had got FSC code from others before.But I import these code follow Almaretto’s instructions that there are some error happened using eSYS. So I think I need to get or buy them again.Could you have one way to help me?

(10-03-2019, 06:35 AM)emhtuning Wrote:  
(10-03-2019, 03:37 AM)mikechang0823 Wrote:  Hi Almaretto
3. Press Identify

you just said that you already got ( bought maybe ) FSC from someone here , now you are asking how to buy ?  hiddentmi

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - luntik - 18-06-2019

3. Press Identify
What's the difference between this way and another one with Comfort Mode > FSC? Is it the same? 
While using Comfort Mode it is also necessary to point out the certificate in options

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - Almaretto - 19-06-2019

(18-06-2019, 20:06 PM)luntik Wrote:  
3. Press Identify
What's the difference between this way and another one with Comfort Mode > FSC? Is it the same? 
While using Comfort Mode it is also necessary to point out the certificate in options

Not sure. Never tried in Comfort Mode.

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - gongaho - 19-06-2019

(19-06-2019, 03:46 AM)Almaretto Wrote:  
(18-06-2019, 20:06 PM)luntik Wrote:  
3. Press Identify

Not sure. Never tried in Comfort Mode.

I'm also curious about the differences between Comfort Mode and Expert Mode, and I also saw the guide with Comfort Mode said that you should setup the .der file firstly before import FSC file. Link below:

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - Stromag - 19-06-2019

Comfort mode is faster and easier.  Takes about 1-2 minutes and the FSC is in it.  You do not need a certificate or anything else, just the FSC and you're done.

RE: How to import FSC code using eSYS in order to fix Kafas4? - gongaho - 19-06-2019

(19-06-2019, 05:15 AM)Stromag Wrote:  Comfort mode is faster and easier.  Takes about 1-2 minutes and the FSC is in it.  You do not need a certificate or anything else, just the FSC and you're done.

So what is the .der certificate file used for?

Thanks.