CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Solved ✔ F10 ICM Version for Park Assist (/showthread.php?tid=47537)

Pages: 1 2

F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - DayvG - 04-03-2019

I am absolutely lost now with the ICM replacement for the park assist retrofit. I have replaced the JBE and and added the PDC module and that all works as it should. I am attempting to retrofit the fully automated Park Assist function and its the ICM that is the common denominator that is causing the issues. The version of ICM installed from factory is the V3.4 34526866990 (picture below) and the model for 5DP is 34526879831 V5.4 (pictured) The issue I have is on installing the V5.4 I get a restraint fault that is linked to the directional information sent from the ICM to ACSM. The LCI ICM has the directional sensor for XY and Yaw built in whilst the Pre LCI has a separate central sensor installed. Somehow the information is not getting from the ICM to the ACSM.

Steps so far
Have installed 2 separate V5.4 ICM's both with the same fault.

Checked continuity of wiring and for shorts to earth and positive.

Have VO Coded ICM's with various build dates, no change

Attempted to change coding values to "enable" information flow

Added a quadruple wiring to the ACSM as listed as an alternative in the ISTA wiring diagrams.

ICM setup has been run in ISTA as well as ride height adjustment.

I have even ordered an early PMA module for install pre LCI and fully automated 5DP, still no joy.

Whilst both v3.4 and v5.4 have the same CAFD and coding parameters there must be a hardware difference as a TAL calculation with 5DP in the FA for the v3.4 ICM causes the flash to fail but works for the V5.4.

Can anyone with either retrofitted or factory installed park assist share their coding info or advice please? Or maybe even look through my CAFD's for the ICM and offer some advice? 

I would actually pay to get this resolved now. Surely the ICM modules serve the same purpose wrt directional data. I see nothing in ISTA or the ETK parts list that mentions any other hardware asides from the DSC premium with ACC. I know that people have managed to retrofit this so it is possible but I am clearly missing something. The parking restraint warning will not clear and occurs around 5 seconds after ignition on. The only fault in the ECU is as shown "Central Sensor (x-y-direction):Communication Fault" and the only way to clear this fault is by installing the original factory ICM.

Any help would be really appreciated

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - johnchow - 05-03-2019

JUST NEGLECT THIS xy ERROR. AS U CHOOSE WRONG icm part no. THE 831 FIT TO THE HARDWARE BY VO 2VH 5AT OR 5DF OR 5DP

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - DayvG - 05-03-2019

Hey KYou Hey
(05-03-2019, 00:54 AM)johnchow Wrote:  JUST NEGLECT THIS xy ERROR. AS U  CHOOSE WRONG icm part no. THE 831  FIT TO THE HARDWARE BY VO 2VH 5AT OR 5DF OR 5DP

Why is this the wrong part number? It is listed for 5DP, 5AR, 5AT and 5DF But NOT for 2VH. The ETK shows it is for the 530 F10 LCI. If I am wrong which is the correct part number to install 5DP on my F10 LCI. I cannot neglect this error as it is an airbag/restraint fault. It would be dangerous to ignore it and it shows a warning on the KOMBI permanently.

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - DayvG - 05-03-2019

So I have managed to get the Gen 1 version of Park Assist working using the early version PMA and the correct coding. The problem I have now is since installing the separate PDC and JBE by PDC button on the dash is unresponsive and only illuminates when in reverse. This means I have to select reverse to activate Park Assist or PDC/Top View/Reverse Cam. Before I reinstall my original JBE can anyone help with FDL coding that may bring the PDC button back to life? With the V5.4 ICM (that causes Restraint Faults) the PDC button works as it should by pressing so I am expecting this to be an issue between PDC/ICM versions. As the ICM CAFDs are the same but the 2 PDC ones are different I'm hoping its there somewhere but I have no idea what values to search for.

EDIT: I managed to code in the PDC button by FDL coding the PDC and changing langdruck to initwert = 00

So if all else fails I will at least have the Park Assist working correctly for Gen 1 and will continue to tackle Gen 2 when the wife lets me!!

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - smercki - 06-03-2019

(05-03-2019, 18:44 PM)DayvG Wrote:  So I have managed to get the Gen 1 version of Park Assist working using the early version PMA and the correct coding. The problem I have now is since installing the separate PDC and JBE by PDC button on the dash is unresponsive and only illuminates when in reverse. This means I have to select reverse to activate Park Assist or PDC/Top View/Reverse Cam. Before I reinstall my original JBE can anyone help with FDL coding that may bring the PDC button back to life? With the V5.4 ICM (that causes Restraint Faults) the PDC button works as it should by pressing so I am expecting this to be an issue between PDC/ICM versions. As the ICM CAFDs are the same but the 2 PDC ones are different I'm hoping its there somewhere but I have no idea what values to search for.

to solve the problem on the airbag you have to add two more cables between icm and acsm, after reset errors you will see you lose

Attached to the aelectric scheme

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - DayvG - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 07:39 AM)smercki Wrote:  
(05-03-2019, 18:44 PM)DayvG Wrote:  So I have managed to get the Gen 1 version of Park Assist working using the early version PMA and the correct coding. The problem I have now is since installing the separate PDC and JBE by PDC button on the dash is unresponsive and only illuminates when in reverse. This means I have to select reverse to activate Park Assist or PDC/Top View/Reverse Cam. Before I reinstall my original JBE can anyone help with FDL coding that may bring the PDC button back to life? With the V5.4 ICM (that causes Restraint Faults) the PDC button works as it should by pressing so I am expecting this to be an issue between PDC/ICM versions. As the ICM CAFDs are the same but the 2 PDC ones are different I'm hoping its there somewhere but I have no idea what values to search for.

to solve the problem on the airbag you have to add two more cables between icm and acsm, after reset errors you will see you lose

Hello mate, thanks for your reply. I have tried this already with no joy. It was one of the first things I tried after some advice from @larshutten. Now whilst I did run the extra twisted pair and the fault remained there is a chance that I missed something on clearing the faults. Would you recommend restarting ICM etc? 

Have you seen this error before? Is it known? In an attempt to resolve this I have attempted almost everything I can think of and have found no reference to it anywhere in any forums. I can see that the extra pair must be in relation to the directional/yaw sensors? I'm happy to try almost anything to get this working fully automatically.

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - smercki - 07-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 22:33 PM)DayvG Wrote:  

Hello mate, thanks for your reply. I have tried this already with no joy. It was one of the first things I tried after some advice from @larshutten. Now whilst I did run the extra twisted pair and the fault remained there is a chance that I missed something on clearing the faults. Would you recommend restarting ICM etc? 

Have you seen this error before? Is it known? In an attempt to resolve this I have attempted almost everything I can think of and have found no reference to it anywhere in any forums. I can see that the extra pair must be in relation to the directional/yaw sensors? I'm happy to try almost anything to get this working fully automatically.

the twisted pair I had to add to all the cars I replaced the icm with v5.6 for the retrofit of the ACC

enso that is the same thing as your case, try to initialize all the sensors of the icm with ista, even the height from the ground

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - DayvG - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 14:48 PM)smercki Wrote:  

the twisted pair I had to add to all the cars I replaced the icm with v5.6 for the retrofit of the ACC

enso that is the same thing as your case, try to initialize all the sensors of the icm with ista, even the height from the ground

Thanks so much. That is the information I was hoping you’d have.
I am going to attempt to finally resolve this on Saturday. 

I may attempt an ACC retrofit in the future. Is it easy enough to replace the DSC? I have seen some for a decent price and I’m contemplating it. Is the setup at the dealer required or can this be done at home?

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - smercki - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 14:59 PM)DayvG Wrote:  

I may attempt an ACC retrofit in the future. Is it easy enough to replace the DSC? I have seen some for a decent price and I’m contemplating it. Is the setup at the dealer required or can this be done at home?

Dsc needs a bridge and bleed the brake oil system, whatever may be useful, after calibrating the sensor with a simple mirror

remember that the ACC also acts as an anti-collision and therefore works with kafas2, this accessory is also necessary to avoid errors

RE: F10 ICM Version for Park Assist - DayvG - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 16:07 PM)smercki Wrote:  
(07-03-2019, 14:59 PM)DayvG Wrote:  
(06-03-2019, 07:39 AM)smercki Wrote:  to solve the problem on the airbag you have to add two more cables between icm and acsm, after reset errors you will see you lose

Dsc needs a bridge and bleed the brake oil system, whatever may be useful, after calibrating the sensor with a simple mirror

remember that the ACC also acts as an anti-collision and therefore works with kafas2, this accessory is also necessary to avoid errors

Can you explain what you mean by a bridge? I understand the bleeding of the brake oil. I have read that you can use the ACC without KAFAS2? Is this true? Also if I did buy a KAFAS2 am I correct in saying that the camera and ECU must be from the same car? And with the FSC for KAFAS2, I have seen people offering FSC repair kits? Is this what I would need and will I require an emulator? Appreciate all your help.