CarTechnoloGY
BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit (/showthread.php?tid=47578)

BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - Krysiaman - 05-03-2019

Hi! 
I can't find any proven information about NBT Evo retrofit in pre-LCI (2008) F02. Car have right now CIC with Combox, Kafas1, Night Vision, ACC, retrofited LED headlights, 360 Cameras and RSE.
My questions are: 
-Is head unit NBT EVO connected with RSE EVO module via Ethernet or MOST? Or maybe HSD? 
-I'm going to change Kafas1 to Kafas2. As I understand I can apply to it "fake" FSCs?
-How about coding NBT EVO? I remember that some time ago it wouldn't be possible to code it using VO-Coding? Is it still the problem if I'm going to apply FSC set for my VIN nr? 
-Is there something that will not work with NBT Evo (like cameras, night vision, etc.) ? 

Any advice about that retrofit are welcome. I guess I don't expect many things that will surprise me during retrofit biggrin

RE: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - bmwcoder75 - 05-03-2019

Get Carsystems ZGW emulator. Not cheap but will save you a lot of money especially 2008 F01 and hassle. You wont have to change any ecu or kafas.

RE: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - ds2k - 20-03-2019

(05-03-2019, 16:01 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  Get Carsystems ZGW emulator. Not cheap but will save you a lot of money especially 2008 F01 and hassle. You wont have to change any ecu or kafas.

Hello. Can we use real ZGW instead of ZGW emulator for F02 NBT Evo retrofit?

RE: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - bmwcoder75 - 20-03-2019

(20-03-2019, 16:37 PM)ds2k Wrote:  
(05-03-2019, 16:01 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  Get Carsystems ZGW emulator. Not cheap but will save you a lot of money especially 2008 F01 and hassle. You wont have to change any ecu or kafas.

Sure and CAS ECU too and do a bunch of wiring etc.

RE: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - ds2k - 20-03-2019

U
(20-03-2019, 16:54 PM)bmwcoder75 Wrote:  
(20-03-2019, 16:37 PM)ds2k Wrote:  

Sure and CAS ECU too and do a bunch of wiring etc.

I see... Thank you

RE: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - Diagnoramix - 20-03-2019

if you swap out NBT and RSE then you have to change the rear monitors too. Old RSE has power buttons for the TFT monitors but new RSE does not have the power buttons for the monitors as they are moved to the monitors itself. Look at the wiring diagram. Things are different in the rear entertainment system.

RE: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - BusyBox - 20-03-2019

And what about FSC or anything protection related. Is it enough to have front EVO module with full FSC to be able to use rear EVO RSE module?

RE: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - BusyBox - 03-04-2019

Can anyone help me find the part numbers of both connectors?

RE: BMW F02 NBT EVO with RSE retrofit - Abou Jambo - 06-05-2019

(03-04-2019, 16:30 PM)BusyBox Wrote:  Can anyone help me find the part numbers of both connectors?
Done and all working error free

Use RSE from G30

(03-04-2019, 16:30 PM)BusyBox Wrote:  Can anyone help me find the part numbers of both connectors?

Part number is 7 digit on the botyom left of each picture

(05-03-2019, 14:58 PM)Krysiaman Wrote:  Hi! 
I can't find any proven information about NBT Evo retrofit in pre-LCI (2008) F02. Car have right now CIC with Combox, Kafas1, Night Vision, ACC, retrofited LED headlights, 360 Cameras and RSE.
My questions are: 
-Is head unit NBT EVO connected with RSE EVO module via Ethernet or MOST? Or maybe HSD? 
-I'm going to change Kafas1 to Kafas2. As I understand I can apply to it "fake" FSCs?
-How about coding NBT EVO? I remember that some time ago it wouldn't be possible to code it using VO-Coding? Is it still the problem if I'm going to apply FSC set for my VIN nr? 
-Is there something that will not work with NBT Evo (like cameras, night vision, etc.) ? 

Any advice about that retrofit are welcome. I guess I don't expect many things that will surprise me during retrofit biggrin

Since you have Led headlight from LCI retrofitted than you dont need emulator

The only thing you need to upgrade is the ICM to have the PDC button in centrr console working