CarTechnoloGY
[solved].. CIC interface changed after firmware update - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: [solved].. CIC interface changed after firmware update (/showthread.php?tid=47968)

Pages: 1 2

[solved].. CIC interface changed after firmware update - bmwdriver786 - 14-03-2019

Hi Folks,

After an firmware update for E60 CIC to the latest version I noticed that the layout in the Music Collection menu  completely has changed. I 've never seen this layout before.

Is someone recognizing this.. Or has someone the same layout in the Music Collection

[Image: 20190313_130911_zpsj5ftmgpy.jpg]

RE: CIC interface changed after firmware update - emhtuning - 14-03-2019

so what is the question exactly , are you not happy with the new layout and wants to go back to old one or what exactly ,, looks like your CIC never seen software update from the day it was produced . so its normal that a little tweaks and color changes in all headunits layout .

those CIC changes are maybe 6 years old or maybe more ,, your bad luck is that you just seen it today .

RE: CIC interface changed after firmware update - bmwdriver786 - 14-03-2019

(14-03-2019, 08:42 AM)emhtuning Wrote:  so what is the question exactly , are you not happy with the new layout and wants to go back to old one or what exactly ,, looks like your CIC never seen software update from the day it was produced . so its normal that a little tweaks and color changes in all headunits layout .

those CIC changes are maybe 6 years old or maybe more ,, your bad luck is that you just seen it today .

I know that the CIC has little tweaks and color changes.
I have retrofitted a lot of CIC in e6x and e9x series and updated to latest firmware. But never seen this layout before.

I have always seen the layout below when updating firmware to latest. So thats why I was wondering how could this be this time different.

[Image: bmw-x6-coupe-diesel_36888456_zpslrcygsbg.jpg]

[Image: 34544859_SS27_zpsmnkk2otk.jpg]

RE: CIC interface changed after firmware update - duckdonald - 14-03-2019

the layout is inherent to the coding .. after updating if telematic functions are present, the most complete music transfer menus appear, .. for the online search.

(14-03-2019, 09:01 AM)duckdonald Wrote:  the layout is inherent to the coding .. after updating if telematic functions are present, the most complete music transfer menus appear, .. for the online search.

Ah thanks .. that makes sense as I have combox telematics. I definitely like this layout but was surprised that had never seen it before. But i understand now that this is related to telematics.  yes

RE: CIC interface changed after firmware update - dumitru.o - 14-03-2019

it s one line of coding. please post the trc fille here

RE: CIC interface changed after firmware update - Wibbles - 14-03-2019

search for "Old" in the TRC - change to "New" to swap to the other interface.

RE: CIC interface changed after firmware update - shawnsheridan - 14-03-2019

(14-03-2019, 08:03 AM)bmwdriver786 Wrote:  Hi Folks,

After an firmware update for E60 CIC to the latest version I noticed that the layout in the Music Collection menu  completely has changed. I 've never seen this layout before.

Layout became the default layout for CIC in 0311, controlled by following FDL Code:

HU_CIC => CDMM_USB_HMI = new  (Switch for the new Audioplayer HMI)

In 0711, the following additional FDL Code was added to improve FM Radio display:

HU_CIC => ANZEIGE_FREQ = aktiv  (Add the Radio Station Frequency to go with K/W Call Letters)

Strange.. Changed in the TRC file CDMM_USB_HMI from "old" to "new" but still same layout. Checked if there is something else with the word OLD but nothing.

RE: CIC interface changed after firmware update - shawnsheridan - 14-03-2019

(14-03-2019, 18:04 PM)bmwdriver786 Wrote:  Strange.. Changed in the TRC file CDMM_USB_HMI from "old" to "new" but still same layout. Checked if there is something else with the word OLD but nothing.

Does CIC have >= 0311 Firmware?