CarTechnoloGY
Is ETKA 8.2 coming? UPDATE: It arrived, working on how to update - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: VAG Group (VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley) (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? UPDATE: It arrived, working on how to update (/showthread.php?tid=53763)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Is ETKA 8.2 coming? UPDATE: It arrived, working on how to update - SeedStorm - 17-07-2019

Lately ETKA has been receiving lots of updates on a daily basis.

For those who go to C:\ETKA\PROG you can see a folder called "Pakete82", new version coming?

BTW, I'm using mr.f33nix ETKA 8 V03.2018, in my opinion the best version of ETKA that I've used. I just upgraded to 8.1 when it was mandatory and it kept working...

During the initial setup there is an option to choose the prices from a country. After that the update tool finds the most recent prices when a price update is released.

Also, in this version the database is always being updated with images. Some parts have an image associated. When opening a part, where it says "Additional Info" a button with a camera is often there with a picture for the part. Dealers also have this picture.

That is very useful and in the previous version of ETKA that I've used (don't remember which one) these pictures weren't there.

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? - 911Turbo - 18-07-2019

It looks like ETKA\PROG\Pakete82\Delta is growing with every update. I expect that it will be like 8.1 and during one of the next updates it will ask to update to 8.2. Fingers crossed it works like that.

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? - vagvag - 18-07-2019

Yesterday and with latest updates they complete the nessasary package for the migration to the new Etka 8.2....... smile
Many and a lot changes about installation location, updates, ect.............. nerd 
My advice to anyone is to wait and to NOT make the migration if he is not familiar with the Etka............ time
Regarts..........beer

[Image: muvkth.png]
[Image: ei47di.png]
[Image: k15npk.png]
[Image: 2rxe9zs.png]

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? - KOJUNE - 19-07-2019

Can you tell me how to update ETKA 8.2?

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? - SeedStorm - 19-07-2019

(19-07-2019, 05:42 AM)KOJUNE Wrote:  Can you tell me how to update ETKA 8.2?
I have ETKA in two computers and in one of them I've already screwed things up!

After having the update 1298 (for Audi and VW) installed you can update to 8.2 by going to C:\ETKA\PROG\Pakete82\ETKA_82_Install.exe.

With this update, things will be completely different and file migrations are going to be made.

The ETKA itself appears to have being moved to "C:\Program Files(x86)\LexCom\ETKA\PROGRAM"

The database appears to have being moved to "C:\ProgramData\LexCom\ETKA\Data".

Dating back from ETKA 8.0 by mr.f33nix I used to launch ETKA from a desktop shortcut with the following destiny:

"C:\ETKA\PROG\EtStart.exe C:\ETKA\PROG\etka_vw.ini"

and upgrade the datebase with the desktop shortcut:
"C:\ETKA\PROG\ETKA Online-Update.exe"

Changing the ETKA shortcut to the new locations does nothing and the Online Updater is GONE!!!

Fortunately I have another computer with ETKA and I also have a backup of the C:\ETKA folder.

Don't upgrade!!!

Let's wait for instructions from the experts on how to update and have everything working, updates included!

I will contact vagvag and edit the thread title.

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? - KOJUNE - 20-07-2019

I Try to ETKA 8.2 Updating

It seems that I can upload the 8.2 update just like the 8.1 update method. However, I get an error that the "start" button does not appear on the main screen and it shows that the "ini" files of each brand can not be found.

Way..

"pakete82 \ ETKA82 \ PROG"
Folder files
Copy them to the "PROG1" and "PROG2" folders
Please be sure to back it up when you try this.

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? - SeedStorm - 20-07-2019

(20-07-2019, 01:43 AM)KOJUNE Wrote:  I Try to ETKA 8.2 Updating

It seems that I can upload the 8.2 update just like the 8.1 update method. However, I get an error that the "start" button does not appear on the main screen and it shows that the "ini" files of each brand can not be found.

Way..

"pakete82 \ ETKA82 \ PROG"
Folder files
Copy them to the "PROG1" and "PROG2" folders
Please be sure to back it up when you try this.
That's what happened to me. I updated and then when opening ETKA he complains that the ".ini" files weren't found and then something about the Hardlock appears.

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? UPDATE: It arrived, working on how to update - KOJUNE - 24-07-2019

When I try ETKA Update 1294, this error message is displayed and the update does not proceed. Do you know how to fix it? Thank you in advance.

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? UPDATE: It arrived, working on how to update - SeedStorm - 24-07-2019

(24-07-2019, 01:03 AM)KOJUNE Wrote:  When I try ETKA Update 1294, this error message is displayed and the update does not proceed. Do you know how to fix it? Thank you in advance.
Do you have enough disk space and acess to the directory?

You can also try to delete update 1294 and download it again.

Today I updated to VW/Audi 1299, Seat 825 and Skoda 831 without any problem. 8.2 It's not mandatory yet.

RE: Is ETKA 8.2 coming? UPDATE: It arrived, working on how to update - KOJUNE - 25-07-2019

(24-07-2019, 20:17 PM)SeedStorm Wrote:  
(24-07-2019, 01:03 AM)KOJUNE Wrote:  When I try ETKA Update 1294, this error message is displayed and the update does not proceed. Do you know how to fix it? Thank you in advance.
Do you have enough disk space and acess to the directory?

You can also try to delete update 1294 and download it again.

Today I updated to VW/Audi 1299, Seat 825 and Skoda 831 without any problem. 8.2 It's not mandatory yet.

C: \ space is 144G
D: \ with ETKA installed can afford about 800G
Even if there is enough space, installation is not done well.

Can you tell me how you can use ETKA to download the update file?