CarTechnoloGY
AOS online programming problem - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: AOS online programming problem (/showthread.php?tid=56278)

Pages: 1 2

AOS online programming problem - javorkrustev - 11-09-2019

For the first time I start ISTA workshop system and try online software update on F10 and find the following problems: 
1. I cannot start  software update - Menu is just grey out and cant click
2. The car have many faults on ECUs (checked with standalone version) but ISTA online show me all the ECUs without faults - all is green. In my data i saw that i have permissions for programming. I use genuine ICOM second generation. 

Any recommendations....?

RE: AOS online programming problem - Lpapp - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 12:29 PM)javorkrustev Wrote:  For the first time I start ISTA workshop system and try online software update on F10 and find the following problems: 
2. The car have many faults on ECUs (checked with standalone version) but ISTA online show me all the ECUs without faults - all is green. In my data i saw that i have permissions for programming. I use genuine ICOM second generation. 

Any recommendations....?

You have to flash the car by standalone ISTA, thats all.

RE: AOS online programming problem - Node - 11-09-2019

You can definitely flash the car with AOS ISTA+. Have you installed the programming data? It needs to be downloaded and installed separately from ISTA+.

RE: AOS online programming problem - Lpapp - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 16:57 PM)Node Wrote:  You can definitely flash the car with AOS ISTA+. Have you installed the programming data? It needs to be downloaded and installed separately from ISTA+.

Its not so stable like standalone ISTA. Its also bit expensive, because you have to buy ticket to have enough time to flash one car, so often you have to buy one day access.

RE: AOS online programming problem - javorkrustev - 12-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 16:22 PM)Lpapp Wrote:  
(11-09-2019, 12:29 PM)javorkrustev Wrote:  For the first time I start ISTA workshop system and try online software update on F10 and find the following problems: 

Any recommendations....?

This is always an option, but sometimes i need online programming because of the customers.

(11-09-2019, 16:22 PM)Lpapp Wrote:  

Any recommendations....?

This is always an option, but sometimes i need online programming because of the customers.

(11-09-2019, 16:57 PM)Node Wrote:  You can definitely flash the car with AOS ISTA+. Have you installed the programming data? It needs to be downloaded and installed separately from ISTA+.
Programming data already installed, and i have a problem with errors reading - ISTA show me all ECUs green even they are full with errors

RE: AOS online programming problem - Lpapp - 12-09-2019

Quote:because of the customers
What is the difference between online and standalone programming ? Why its so necessary to program online?

reinstall WEB Ista with new installer (ISTAOSS-4.18.14.18559.exe) and programming data (ISTAOSS_ProgrammingData_4-18-15.msi).

RE: AOS online programming problem - jaki - 13-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 17:45 PM)Lpapp Wrote:  Its not so stable like standalone ISTA. Its also bit expensive, because you have to buy ticket to have enough time to flash one car, so often you have to buy one day access.

What, I have had never any problems with AOS ISTA.
BTW, you don't have to pay the whole day...i pay first only 2 hours, and the check how long it takes to flash. If that two is not enough, I "insert more coins" as needed...during the flash.

Someone asked why to do with AOS. I definitely prefer it. It generates log files that can be seen in Munich. If I have any problems, I can have support directly from BMW AG, and even using remote diagnosting or programming. Till now, not yet needed yes

RE: AOS online programming problem - vanos - 13-09-2019

You see in Aos ista the ecus green when the ecu answered. Egal the ecu has fault code or not.
For programming you must wait for fasta reading is complete, after you can click software button.

RE: AOS online programming problem - Patrick11021979 - 13-09-2019

Does i take more time using online programming than Standalone version?

RE: AOS online programming problem - Fx82 - 13-09-2019

To answer your question....definitely yes