CarTechnoloGY
Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next (/showthread.php?tid=57005)

Pages: 1 2

Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - maxwell4321 - 25-09-2019

I have a problem with connecting to my own car, its a 2013 F13,

I have been successfully working with both Esys 27, 28 and 3.33.4 without any problems.

Ista+ will connect without any problems and gives full functionality but it will only connect through ICOM Next.

Esys will not connect through either ENET or the ICOM Next through any of the Esys connection options.
It also will not connect through the Connection via VIN option (this says no ZGW available).
ZGW was flashed recently however I had no problems connecting and coding afterwards.

I am using a power supply to the car and KL15 and KL30 are at 14.5V and have tried different ENET cables with the same results (no connection), I have also tried 2 different versions of Psdzdata with both Esys 27 and 334.

The config has not been changed from when it was working and no Windows updates have been installed between it working and not working.

I assume that because ISTA can connect with ICOM Next that the fault is not with the ZGW.

ZGW Search does not return an IP address with ENET.

Any ideas would be gratefully received

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - M-Simon - 25-09-2019

Hi,

try to disconnect the negative Battery Terminal for 30 Seconds. Reconnect it again.

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - zeronoo - 25-09-2019

or put the car to sleep for about 30 sec

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - maxwell4321 - 26-09-2019

Thanks but this is not my first time working with Esys or ISTA,

Any other ideas welcome

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - willisodhiambo - 26-09-2019

Can you get another ZWG to test with?

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - user0086 - 26-09-2019

Tell us more about your network configuration. What IP ranges are you using, do you have a DHCP server?
Can you ping the ZGW?

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - krug - 26-09-2019

(26-09-2019, 06:22 AM)maxwell4321 Wrote:  Thanks but this is not my first time working with Esys or ISTA,

Any other ideas welcome

try to disconnect the negative Battery Terminal!

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - maxwell4321 - 28-09-2019

(26-09-2019, 19:41 PM)user0086 Wrote:  Tell us more about your network configuration. What IP ranges are you using, do you have a DHCP server?
Can you ping the ZGW?

Disconnecting battery did not help, Network config is set to DCHP, I have tried with both software DCHP Server and a proper router in DCHP Server mode.
ICOM Next with ISTA+ connects perfectly for both Diagnostics and programming, ENET will not connect with ISTA+
Esys will not connect with either ENET or Icom.

Attached is a pic from my ICOM which shows the car Ethernet is available

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - willisodhiambo - 28-09-2019

I have had this issue before on an F10. ISTA+ ok but Enet nothing and zwg search nothing. Even though ISTA+ connects, it is only via diagnostic, programming will not work!!

Esys can be connected via gateway but even then svt soli can not be calculated.

Suspected the ZWG module but not got around to replacing it yet nor testing with another

RE: Cannot connect to car with Esys - Enet and Icom Next - ImmBoo - 28-09-2019

Are You using oem ICOM Next or PRC Clone?