CarTechnoloGY
Coding used NBT-HU - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Coding used NBT-HU (/showthread.php?tid=57163)

Pages: 1 2 3

Coding used NBT-HU - Apansson - 28-09-2019

Hello

How do i code a used NBT-HU for my car? Change the VIN? Where?
The car had a NBT-unit that was stolen, so it need replacement.

I also replace the KAFAS2-unit.
Will both of these require FSC-codes? Where can i get my original ones?

RE: Coding used NBT-HU - DayvG - 29-09-2019

There are threads on the forum where you can request your FSC repair kits.

RE: Coding used NBT-HU - Apansson - 29-09-2019

I got a pack now. Thank you.
But now i need help to put them in the NBT and KAFAS.

(29-09-2019, 10:46 AM)Apansson Wrote:  I got a pack now. Thank you.

I have a guide for importing FSC codes to KAFAS2, the process is virtually the same for NBT, just make sure you don’t press UPDATE FSC, only use UPGRADE FSC.

(29-09-2019, 10:49 AM)DayvG Wrote:  
(29-09-2019, 10:46 AM)Apansson Wrote:  I got a pack now. Thank you.

I have a guide for importing FSC codes to KAFAS2, the process is virtually the same for NBT, just make sure you don’t press UPDATE FSC, only use UPGRADE FSC.

Excellent!
So i can use my orignal FSC-codes, not from the donor car?
No problems when updating/flashing ECUs in the future as i'm using "my own" FSC-codes?

For NBT yes, I would virginize it first then import your FSC codes from the repair pack. Pretty straight forward.

(29-09-2019, 20:31 PM)DayvG Wrote:  For NBT yes, I would virginize it first then import your FSC codes from the repair pack. Pretty straight forward.

For the KAFAS as well i suppose?
Can you provide a guide for virginize a NBT as well? No need to be done with the KAFAS?

Another question. Now i have a full repair pack containing 8 different FSC-files.
How do i know which ones is for the NBT and for the KAFAS?

(29-09-2019, 21:08 PM)Apansson Wrote:  
(29-09-2019, 20:31 PM)DayvG Wrote:  For NBT yes, I would virginize it first then import your FSC codes from the repair pack. Pretty straight forward.

Can you provide a guide for virginize a NBT as well? No need to be done with the KAFAS?

Another question. Now i have a full repair pack containing 8 different FSC-files.

Kafas FSC are 7E, BF, BE. Virginise is pretty straight forward, attached is a guide courtesy of larshutten. The GPS repair part of the guide is not required. You can’t Virginise KAFAS. Do you already have KAFAS2 installed?

(29-09-2019, 21:15 PM)DayvG Wrote:  
(29-09-2019, 21:08 PM)Apansson Wrote:  

Kafas FSC are 7E, BF, BE. Virginise is pretty straight forward, attached is a guide courtesy of larshutten. The GPS repair part of the guide is not required. You can’t Virginise KAFAS. Do you already have KAFAS2 installed?

Yes. My old KAFAS and NBT were stolen, so i'm replacing the parts smile

Then all should be ok, just have to hope that with the KAFAS2 you have an older set of FSC currently in the ECU if it’s second hand as it can’t have a newer set than your set of that makes sense?