CarTechnoloGY
Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable (/showthread.php?tid=59317)

Pages: 1 2

Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - bennymx - 19-01-2022

Hello,

Does anyone have experience using esys on the older OBD bikes that have the 10 pin round plug? I have a ICOM Next and it works fine with ICOM D cable for ISTA and ESYS. But I found for remote work, ENET cable and ICOM D cable do not work for ESYS. Can't connect up. Is this just a EDIBAS setting? ENET cable works fine on new OBDII 16 pin plug bikes and connect remote but for older bikes I can't do remote work using ENET cable and ICOM D cable. I think the way it powers up is different? Maybe just need a KDCAN cable?

RE: Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - ural - 19-01-2022

Hi,

for me Esys does not immediately connect to S1000RR bj2015.
That's why I always do the same thing as before:

1. Start Reinghold and do full identification.

2. Start Esys and take the settings from the picture. (Do not execute I Com Lock!!!)

RE: Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - bennymx - 19-01-2022

Thank you for the reply but I can connect with my ICOM NEXT to the older models with ICOM D cable. But why does ENET cable not work on the old bike? How can I connect remotely to someones bike. Most people don't have an ICOM. ENET cable does not work.

RE: Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - ural - 19-01-2022

you can only encode older models via NCS and not Esys.

people still need Icom D.

RE: Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - diagso - 19-01-2022

(19-01-2022, 06:12 AM)bennymx Wrote:  Thank you for the reply but I can connect with my ICOM NEXT to the older models with ICOM D cable. But why does ENET cable not work on the old bike? How can I connect remotely to someones bike. Most people don't have an ICOM. ENET cable does not work.

as ural said for older bikes you need to use NCS/WinKFPt(remember about setting up easy connect properly for those tools) or ISTA P and it works just fine

But for older bikes Icom next can be used with esys. When I say older. I mean pre 2017. 10 pin round plug. They can be coded in esys with icom next. But not enet cable.

RE: Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - Vojno - 19-01-2022

These are two things!!! 

BN2000 can be use NCS/Winkfp and BN2020 can handled with E-sys!

Not because of his age also not the connector, but because of his system, here is the list which belongs to where:
ISTA -> E-sys       ISTA-P -> winkfp/ncs
for round 10 pin connector use ICOM A, A2/NEXT with ICOM-D,
for OBD2 use only ICOM A, A2/NEXT (ENET cabel don't work!)

Thank you Vonjo. I have used my icom next and with icom d and all is well. I just wanted to know if ENET can be used with ICOM D. Seems ICOM is the only way here. This is bad for remote because customers don't have ICOM.

RE: Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - inspi1981 - 20-01-2022

There is no ethernet, so enet cannot be used

RE: Motorrad esys coding using ENET and ICOMD cable - BMWF750GS - 28-01-2022

Before the LCD instrument appeared on the motorcycle, there was no E-NET bus on the motorcycle, so the E-NET cable could not be used. If the new model was not equipped with LCD instrument, there was no E-NET bus, so it could not be used!

The key to the E-Net bus on a motorcycle, I think, is the TFT meter! I've tried it. It can diagnose, but it can't program!