CarTechnoloGY
Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? (/showthread.php?tid=59481)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - JuiCe - 21-01-2022

Hi folks, i bought an e65 730d 2008 facelift, and I wanted to update Kombi module, seeing that cluster was changes from another car with different VIN.
So , i have last installation of BMW tools, with SP55 e65 Daten Files updated with BMW coding tools.
I ran WINFKP, Comfort -. Update ECU, select KOMB65 ecu then ZB Update. 
Updated started , then few seconds later just stopped with error message.
Now No light on cluster instrument and i have those errors when i try to do update again : 
2020- ECU does not answer IFH-0009: No response from controlunit 08FLASH
Ecu does not answer SG_AIF_Lesen.
What should i do or try next?
Thank you

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - zygi898 - 21-01-2022

Try NFS Emergensy Flash

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - litany - 21-01-2022

If no luck with NFS, get another cluster

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - jaramillo - 21-01-2022

What interface are you using? kdcan? icom?

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - JuiCe - 21-01-2022

I have DKan. I could flash SZL and update DDE with no problems, when i tried KOMBI(cluster was changed, had another VIN), so dead now, flashing stopped
So i tried now with NFS emergency but as i can guess, the cable is problem, i have some old Cable with pins 7 and 8 merged manually.
So even a normal CAS read is struggling, sometimes shows VIN sometimes NOT, and second picture is with try of kombi

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - kimz - 22-01-2022

(21-01-2022, 14:13 PM)JuiCe Wrote:  I have DKan. I could flash SZL and update DDE with no problems, when i tried KOMBI(cluster was changed, had another VIN), so dead now, flashing stopped
So i tried now with NFS emergency but as i can guess, the cable is problem, i have some old Cable with pins 7 and 8 merged manually.
So even a normal CAS read is struggling, sometimes shows VIN sometimes NOT, and second picture is with try of kombi

Have you tried to change the com port delay option in the device manager? I think you are set to 16ms, especially if you have a problem that I show the parameters once and not, so set to 1ms and try again. Or use ICOM if you have access to it

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - Spitfire555 - 22-01-2022

(21-01-2022, 13:01 PM)JuiCe Wrote:  Hi folks, i bought an e65 730d 2008 facelift, and I wanted to update Kombi module, seeing that cluster was changes from another car with different VIN.

First step is to correct the VIN.

This cannot be done with BMW tools like WinKFP. Use something from the market (R270+ / XPROG etc.).

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - JuiCe - 23-01-2022

I was expecting just to do an update of zone after KM and VIN area, cant do just that or unbrick it ?
I think correcting VIN needs to take ecu out and eeprom right?

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - It3_Magic - 23-01-2022

yes you need to remove eerpom to clean VIN, this might be the reason cluster didnt flash.

RE: Bricked KOMBI Module with WinFKP ? - ccfj1 - 24-01-2022

You should have been able to flash the kombi with a d-can, but you need a good one, not a cheap one from ebay.

If you cant read the modules reliably then it sounds like a crap d-can lead.

I would use an icom for the flash tbh, no problems then.

That said you have a 0009 error which means that there is no comms with the kombi, so i suspect that you have corrupted the boot loader, try the icom flash.

As stated changing the vin can only be done with a chip tool, like the r270.