CarTechnoloGY
Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: DASHBOARD (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection (/showthread.php?tid=62644)

Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - ALeXXBody - 30-03-2022

Hello all,

From last week i started to play with virtual cockpit on bench trying to figure out if there is a way to hack it same as MIB units. (They use the sameĀ  Tegra 30).

I have an Audi TT 8T0920790D SW:0359 HW: H45.

So far i manage to make a TTL connection to MMX and from logs i found out that this unit has USB and Usb Ethernet with TCP/IP.
Same as MIB units, MMX has login and i was unable to find the password

Does anyone manage to connect to MMX trough TTL? Or where to find password or hash?

I attached the log from Putty

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - nirvananils - 31-03-2022

How to get Access via TTL or USB? Maybe can help you in reaserch. Have a 8S0 VC on Bench, hash should be available in Update Files, so we maybe can get Pass with bruteforce

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - ALeXXBody - 31-03-2022

I searched for a hash in all the files from update but nothing so far.

There is something in "stage1_ifs.img" but nothing concludent.

Here is the pinout for TTL and USB.

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - mrbla - 02-04-2022

There is a shadow file in stage3 image. This is also one you can extract easily.

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - ALeXXBody - 02-04-2022

(02-04-2022, 13:34 PM)mrbla Wrote:  There is a shadow file in stage3 image. This is also one you can extract easily.

Can you give me the offset for the shadow? i can't find it in any of my VC firmwares.

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - Mark2 - 03-04-2022

Still QNX with bad encryption for root login. Send me shadow file, I will bruteforce it

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - ALeXXBody - 04-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 22:17 PM)Mark2 Wrote:  Still QNX with bad encryption for root login. Send me shadow file, I will bruteforce it

Thanks @Mark2. but that's the problem, i couldn't find offset for shadow in firmware.

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - ALeXXBody - 06-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 22:17 PM)Mark2 Wrote:  Still QNX with bad encryption for root login. Send me shadow file, I will bruteforce it

I'm trying to send you a PM but is disabled.

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - Clusters - 06-04-2022

(06-04-2022, 17:35 PM)ALeXXBody Wrote:  

I'm trying to send you a PM but is disabled.
I enabled his PMs.

RE: Virtual Cockpit MMX serial connection - oltiks - 13-04-2024

(31-03-2022, 10:22 AM)ALeXXBody Wrote:  I searched for a hash in all the files from update but nothing so far.

There is something in "stage1_ifs.img" but nothing concludent.

Here is the pinout for TTL and USB.

Can you upload again pls?