CarTechnoloGY
ICOM NEXT not working - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: ICOM NEXT not working (/showthread.php?tid=63524)

Pages: 1 2

ICOM NEXT not working - csajap - 20-04-2022

Hi
My ICOM NEXT he is not working 4 lights are flashing red I need to reset the software can anyone help me? Thanks a lot

RE: ICOM NEXT not working - Almaretto - 20-04-2022

Is this an actual ICOM Next or clone?

RE: ICOM NEXT not working - csajap - 20-04-2022

He is the actual ICOM

RE: ICOM NEXT not working - diagso - 20-04-2022

(20-04-2022, 06:21 AM)csajap Wrote:  He is the actual ICOM

I would try performing firmware restore. Procedure is described on internet, just google it. Don't rember which button you need to press and hold, think this is the one next to LAN port where you need small torx to press it. If not try the other one smile

Is your ICOM reporting any errors on self test ? Can you access control panel at all ?

(20-04-2022, 07:05 AM)diagso Wrote:  

I would try performing firmware restore. Procedure is described on internet, just google it. Don't rember which button you need to press and hold, think this is the one next to LAN port where you need small torx to press it. If not try the other one smile

Is your ICOM reporting any errors on self test ? Can you access control panel at all ?

I can't access the panel, I can't connect

I tried the button next to the USB and it didn't work, it showed COMM red light solid, WLAN red light solid, LAN red light solid, SYSTEM orange red flashing

RE: ICOM NEXT not working - oros - 20-04-2022

(20-04-2022, 07:48 AM)csajap Wrote:  

I tried the button next to the USB and it didn't work, it showed COMM red light solid, WLAN red light solid, LAN red light solid, SYSTEM orange red flashing

Have you tried the whole procedure with FAT32 USB stick and firmware on it and just then folowing sequence to restore it ? Check out the link in the file.

(20-04-2022, 08:44 AM)oros Wrote:  
(20-04-2022, 07:48 AM)csajap Wrote:  

Have you tried the whole procedure with FAT32 USB stick and firmware on it and just then folowing sequence to restore it ? Check out the link in the file.

I have seen this webpage, but I can't find these 2 files on my computer

RE: ICOM NEXT not working - oros - 20-04-2022

Check out this thread, there's newest Next FW. Install the msi, copy the files to USB, try and report back.

Good luck

https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=63334

RE: ICOM NEXT not working - ferrum - 20-04-2022

Restoring won't help. It is not possible to treat fractures with pills.

I found that he is a compressed file that needs to be decompressed and put on USB?