CarTechnoloGY
Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: All About IMMO/ECU , ChiPTuninG , Dashboard , Locksmith , AirbaG , Carradio (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: CARRADIO / NAVIGATION (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 (/showthread.php?tid=63949)

Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - gigidel - 29-04-2022

The owner of the car played a little with the green menu and now MMI stuck in Bootloader Mode, i try with firmware CD1-3(5150-5570), burn on Verbatim CD with ImgBurn, but without success, when i insert disk in first slot of the CD changer, nothing happens, the device is reset every thirty seconds, any suggestions, all the best

RE: Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - skyrimzz - 29-04-2022

(29-04-2022, 15:09 PM)gigidel Wrote:  The owner of the car played a little with the green menu and now MMI stuck in Bootloader Mode, i try with firmware CD1-3(5150-5570), burn on Verbatim CD with ImgBurn, but without success, when i insert disk in first slot of the CD changer, nothing happens, the device is reset every thirty seconds, any suggestions, all the best

my advice is that u need to see what is changed in green menu,my friend did it also on mmi3gplus long time ago and lost lot of stuff and i undo changes..flashing firmware will not change that..go to different settings and see what could be the problem..i know it isnt much of help but key is green menu smile

RE: Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - maniak321 - 29-04-2022

Hmm maybe unplug battery for a few time?

RE: Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - loki954 - 29-04-2022

in the green menu there is a "update" so he try it smile now the only way is update by cd ....no other way..... here what you need (3 cd) 

burn them on the slowest speed you have 1/2 and update !!!

RE: Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - gigidel - 29-04-2022

@maniak321 - already try that, but no lucky
@loki954 - yap, he probably tap on bootloader, i've already tried with these CD1-3, when i insert disk in first slot of the CD changer, nothing happens, maybe it's a dirty laser, it would probably work with the original firmware discs, but where to find them in Serbia smile smile

RE: Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - PopDog - 29-04-2022

Sometimes CD-Changer is not accepting the disks. I also had a problem of this, and had to use a replacement cd changer to put the firmware on it.
I open the service access under the glove box and removed the two plugs from the back of the changer. Than I placed a replacement cd changer on the floor under the glove box and plugged the two removed cables. With this one, firmware was applied after putting the cd inside. After everything finished, I plugged back the two cables to the original cd changer in the glove box and closed the service access.

So it can be to place a replacement changer for applying firmware.

RE: Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - loki954 - 29-04-2022

(29-04-2022, 22:00 PM)gigidel Wrote:  @maniak321 - already try that, but no lucky
@loki954 - yap, he probably tap on bootloader, i've already tried with these CD1-3, when i insert disk in first slot of the CD changer, nothing happens, maybe it's a dirty laser, it would probably work with the original firmware discs, but where to find them in Serbia smile smile

this is original cd

write them on good disk/verbatim/ on LOW SPEED  N:1/2 !!! the writing is the problem....been there .....

RE: Audi A6 MMI 2G High Bootloader Version 2.34 - PopDog - 30-04-2022

I also used original cd. Someone took a journey of 300 kilometers on a weekend to my place, because burned cd didnt work. I then put my original CDs and it also didn't work. Thanks god, i had a old cd changer with damaged case in the basement and put it on the cables from service access under glove box. after i put the cd it directly worked.