CarTechnoloGY
Solved ✔ Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Solved ✔ Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working (/showthread.php?tid=65280)

Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - Fractals - 30-05-2022

Hi,

Recently, I used Feature Installer to get lifetime FSC for maps. Afterwards, my CarPlay fullscreen stopped working. Software is NBTevo_Y21432J with Road Map North America EVO 2022-1 on a pre-LCI G30.

I use E-Sys (Bimmer Utility) to code "CARPLAY_FULLSCREEN" to "aktiv" under HMI in HU_NBT2 ECU. Now, if I do that CarPlay refuses to connect. I have tried unpairing/repairing my phone, but it's still not working. If I set "CARPLAY_FULLSCREEN" to "nicht_aktiv" (default value), then CarPlay connects and functions perfectly.

I also worked with the vendor and he provided me another license to activate fullscreen CarPlay via Feature Installer. That still doesn't work either.

Lastly, I also tried resetting HU to factory FSC using Feature Installer backup/restore method. Strangely enough, fullscreen CarPlay still no longer works even with factory FSCs.

Is the HU messed up somehow after using Feature Installer or is it something else?

Thanks!

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - DEJMIEN - 30-05-2022

I can remotely via ssh method.

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - Fatalix - 30-05-2022

Reflash headunit and stock code, and perform feature code again.

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - Diagmaister - 30-05-2022

Reflash it should work

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - Fractals - 31-05-2022

Sorry, how to reflash using E-Sys if I am already running the latest version of software? Thanks!

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - maron - 31-05-2022

(31-05-2022, 01:04 AM)Fractals Wrote:  Sorry, how to reflash using E-Sys if I am already running the latest version of software? Thanks!

Edit SVT_ist, 

change Main, Sub, and Patch versions to 000 for the CAFD, BTLD, 
and SWFL entries (Do NOT Change HWEL.)

eg
mainVersion 000
subVersion 000
patchVersion 000

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - Skept - 31-05-2022

(31-05-2022, 02:03 AM)maron Wrote:  
(31-05-2022, 01:04 AM)Fractals Wrote:  Sorry, how to reflash using E-Sys if I am already running the latest version of software? Thanks!

Edit SVT_ist, 

change Main, Sub, and Patch versions to 000 for the CAFD, BTLD, 
and SWFL entries (Do NOT Change HWEL.)

eg
mainVersion 000
subVersion 000
patchVersion 000

Even easier than that is to use the tal filter editor and select the ecus you want updated.

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - user_530d - 31-05-2022

(31-05-2022, 09:01 AM)Skept Wrote:  Even easier than that is to use the tal filter editor and select the ecus you want updated.

It's about completely different things

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - davidoff86 - 31-05-2022

(30-05-2022, 15:46 PM)Fractals Wrote:  Hi,

Recently, I used Feature Installer to get lifetime FSC for maps. Afterwards, my CarPlay fullscreen stopped working. Software is NBTevo_Y21432J with Road Map North America EVO 2022-1 on a pre-LCI G30.

I use E-Sys (Bimmer Utility) to code "CARPLAY_FULLSCREEN" to "aktiv" under HMI in HU_NBT2 ECU. Now, if I do that CarPlay refuses to connect. I have tried unpairing/repairing my phone, but it's still not working. If I set "CARPLAY_FULLSCREEN" to "nicht_aktiv" (default value), then CarPlay connects and functions perfectly.

I also worked with the vendor and he provided me another license to activate fullscreen CarPlay via Feature Installer. That still doesn't work either.

Lastly, I also tried resetting HU to factory FSC using Feature Installer backup/restore method. Strangely enough, fullscreen CarPlay still no longer works even with factory FSCs.

Is the HU messed up somehow after using Feature Installer or is it something else?

Thanks!

The feature installer will have undone the CarPlay.
You need a feature installer created that will do both in one go, as you can’t mix and match them due to how they change the root certificate

RE: Fullscreen CarPlay no longer working - Fractals - 02-06-2022

All working now. Reflashed HU_NBT2 using E-Sys and all is well. Thank you all!