CarTechnoloGY
E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility (/showthread.php?tid=66214)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - makkan00 - 03-07-2022

Wondering what is the difference b/w these two for coding?

My analysis is: 

Esys Ultra can give you one additional free re-activation if your HDD gets damaged so that is useful. 

BimmerUtility gives you DTC codes (can be read with Gini as well). 

The price is fairly similar and functions are as well. 

Those of you who have both, what is your analysis? If you have to use one, which one would you choose and why?

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - TheNine90 - 03-07-2022

You can also get additional activation incase of hard disk change with BimmerUtility. Just talk to the developer.
BimmerUtility is an external fdl editor with features like editing Cafd ,Reading and clearing DTC , FSC reading and backup.
EsysUltra is a launcher for Esys which allows for editing fdl within esys and coding

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - diagso - 03-07-2022

Ultra is really fast that's for sure, but for me that's not that important. It's currently at 4.34 mapping so they are not as fast as guys from BU in terms of mapping. Overall very nice tool, but lack of DTC is really no go for me. What I really like in Ultra is back up of FA,SVT and NCS thinks this is best in class- much nicer then EsysPlus. On the other hand BU doesn't have such feature,but has FSC backup which none of the others are offering.

Over all untill Ultra has DTC's I'm sticking with combo of EsysPlus and BU for editing. This set-up is perfect for my needs. Once Ultra adds this feature I'm happy to retire EsysPluswink

As always in life there are no perfect solutions.

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - ESysUltra - 03-07-2022

Hello everyone, I wanted to clear up some things here. First of all ESysUltra uses a dynamic mapper the same as almost every single solution out on the market right now, meaning if a new version of the same CAFD ID comes out it will be mapped. An issue will arise if an entirely new CAFD ID comes out and there is no data for it. Additionally, I want to mention that the DTC Feature is planed but currently my focus is towards other features that bring more functionality than DTCs, considering that currently there is an alternative and that is using the transmitter plugin.

Data and ESys versions support will be updated when needed, I think there is no reason apart from boasting around that you have latest to always be up to the edge when in reality everything would be still doing fine. Let me give an example currently we support ESys 3400 but 3401 is out, and the changes do not look significant or beneficial to any functionality why would I implement 3401 when there is little to no benefit apart from saying I have the latest?

Thank you all, If you have any more questions you know how to find us.
(We are currently not that active on forums)

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - masa52 - 03-07-2022

for my opinion esys plus and tokenmaster launcher interface is the best as they using esys UI
I dont know about esys ultra firs time here this
Bimmer Utility 2022 working fine but the interface and navigation is crap

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - makkan00 - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 14:23 PM)masa52 Wrote:  for my opinion esys plus and tokenmaster launcher interface is the best as they using esys UI

The support from tokenmaster is crap as per other forum members. You will have to wait for weekes before you hear from him. 

The only good thing is that its not bound to one pc.

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - diagso - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 13:15 PM)ESysUltra Wrote:  Hello everyone, I wanted to clear up some things here. First of all ESysUltra uses a dynamic mapper the same as almost every single solution out on the market right now, meaning if a new version of the same CAFD ID comes out it will be mapped. An issue will arise if an entirely new CAFD ID comes out and there is no data for it. Additionally, I want to mention that the DTC Feature is planed but currently my focus is towards other features that bring more functionality than DTCs, considering that currently there is an alternative and that is using the transmitter plugin.

Data and ESys versions support will be updated when needed, I think there is no reason apart from boasting around that you have latest to always be up to the edge when in reality everything would be still doing fine. Let me give an example currently we support ESys 3400 but 3401 is out, and the changes do not look significant or beneficial to any functionality why would I implement 3401 when there is little to no benefit apart from saying I have the latest?

Sorry to say, but I'm reading that you're delivering solution that doesn't offer advantge over competition outside of speed. Boasting is one thing and delivery of sales pitch another. IMHO DTC should be standard, not something that I should look for workaround with outdated application. If you claim that there are more important things to work on roadmap, I think we all would be happy to know what it is smile 

Esys Interface vs BU UI will be defenietly a dealbreaker for many users, no doubt about that. Untill now I'm happy to see that they are delivering what they promised.

Maybe I'm missing something but what are advantages of Esys Ultra over Esys Plus ( outside of speed, transalations and newer mapping) ?  

PS. Don't get me wrong I like the E.U. but in my application I can't see real benefits over avaialble solutions ?

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - hulahans - 03-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 14:23 PM)masa52 Wrote:  for my opinion esys plus and tokenmaster launcher interface is the best as they using esys UI

Yes, correct interface and navigation is crap.But it works good

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - DayvG - 04-07-2022

(03-07-2022, 18:18 PM)diagso Wrote:  
(03-07-2022, 13:15 PM)ESysUltra Wrote:  Hello everyone, I wanted to clear up some things here. First of all ESysUltra uses a dynamic mapper the same as almost every single solution out on the market right now, meaning if a new version of the same CAFD ID comes out it will be mapped. An issue will arise if an entirely new CAFD ID comes out and there is no data for it. Additionally, I want to mention that the DTC Feature is planed but currently my focus is towards other features that bring more functionality than DTCs, considering that currently there is an alternative and that is using the transmitter plugin.

Sorry to say, but I'm reading that you're delivering solution that doesn't offer advantge over competition outside of speed. Boasting is one thing and delivery of sales pitch another. IMHO DTC should be standard, not something that I should look for workaround with outdated application. If you claim that there are more important things to work on roadmap, I think we all would be happy to know what it is smile 

Esys Interface vs BU UI will be defenietly a dealbreaker for many users, no doubt about that. Untill now I'm happy to see that they are delivering what they promised.

Maybe I'm missing something but what are advantages of Esys Ultra over Esys Plus ( outside of speed, transalations and newer mapping) ?  

PS. Don't get me wrong I like the E.U. but in my application I can't see real benefits over avaialble solutions ?

What is outdated about transmitter? It’s powerful, easy to use and will clear DTC in a few clicks. Ultra will add the functionality directly in the future as the dev states. Also, is speed, translations and newer mappings not enough for now? Coupled with support and a Dev that is happy and wants to interact with the customer?

RE: E-sys ultra VS Bimmerutility - diagso - 04-07-2022

(04-07-2022, 05:53 AM)DayvG Wrote:  
(03-07-2022, 18:18 PM)diagso Wrote:  

What is outdated about transmitter? It’s powerful, easy to use and will clear DTC in a few clicks. Ultra will add the functionality directly in the future as the dev states. Also, is speed, translations and newer mappings not enough for now? Coupled with support and a Dev that is happy and wants to interact with the customer?

Transmitter and error description is not something that I have in mind when I think of DTC's. Of course it will do the trick of clearing errors but I still need to go to ISTA much more frequently that I would like to. Really looking forward to having this feature on board with Ultra.

About perks of Ultra...this is all nice, but for me this is standard. I wouldn't even be thinking of purchasing it, if it would lack mapping or dev support - for this I have Esys Plus  wink Speed is really nice and I enjoy it a lot, nevertheless this was never a criteria.

IMHO it's just silly situation when you have plethora of solutions available on the market and dev is claiming that DTC is not that important. We should use transmitter since he's working on more important stuff and not giving any heads up what it is. 

I will stand by what I wrote earlier on. Ultra is very nice solution and for few cars that I use it for over course of weekend I don't have any complains. For my use cases DTCs are a must, but that might not be applicable for everyone. Hence I will continue to use E.P. and B.U. as my daily drivers as this is making my work most efficient. Once DTC's are in Ultra I will defeneitly favour this solution over E.P. without any doubt