CarTechnoloGY
PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: VAG Group (VW - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley) (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+---- Thread: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] (/showthread.php?tid=67816)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - wojoo - 24-09-2023

Please help. Is it possible to change prices to other than EURO? Is it possible to update prices?

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - Joe2 - 26-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 13:10 PM)Tizen99 Wrote:  I had this problem too a few months ago that some brands are updated successfully and some aren't. The solution was to uninstall the affected brands and install them again. It will take a while to update them again, but after that it works flawless. Didn't have any problems since then.

I had generally fresh installation. Can I remove somehow database of one brand only ? It is in control panel add remove software ?

Thanks !

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - elnota - 26-09-2023

(23-09-2023, 13:10 PM)Tizen99 Wrote:  I had this problem too a few months ago that some brands are updated successfully and some aren't. The solution was to uninstall the affected brands and install them again. It will take a while to update them again, but after that it works flawless. Didn't have any problems since then.

I´ll try.

Regards.

(26-09-2023, 18:46 PM)Joe2 Wrote:  

I had generally fresh installation. Can I remove somehow database of one brand only ? It is in control panel add remove software ?

Thanks !

From Control Panel

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - jagpurr - 30-09-2023

Hi Guys,

I had to replace my garage PC, so did a new install of PETKA 8.5
and MrEdgar very kindly gave me a new key.

All worked fine until I tried to update the data. It all seemed to download fine
but when I tried to install it stopped and informed me that 8.6 needed installing.
I downloaded the 8.6 patch but that doesn't seem to install it just freezes on
"Patching PETKA 8.5 to 8.6" banner.

I thought maybe it needed updates up to 1509 installing first so I deleted the downloaded updates after 1509
and tried to carry out the update process again. the program seemed to be installing updates but after a while just froze.
Now it won't open,  it only gets as far as the "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" banner,
selecting yes used to start PETKA but now nothing.

I assume I've done something very wrong?

Is there a sequence I should have followed for updating?
Do I need to delete and reinstall?
If so, as I won't be changing any hardware will my key still work?

I really don't want to trouble MrEdgar again, I promised I wouldn't bother him again and he must be sick of me by now!

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - moiloon - 02-10-2023

anyone have any ideas how i can resolve skoda and seat not updating, using database updater it does download, but then after i get no updates available, i tried uninstalling both brands and reinstalling, but same, other brands download and update as they should, 8.5 and 8.6 patch applied

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - jagpurr - 03-10-2023

Well, I decided to re-install and all went well, 
strangely I didn't even need to put the key in it worked straight away.

I haven't started any updates yet, still waiting for any advice as to the best way to go about this regarding the 8.6 patch and what sequence I should follow.

Over to someone with more knowledge than me!
Please.

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - keys - 05-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 16:18 PM)moiloon Wrote:  anyone have any ideas how i can resolve skoda and seat not updating, using database updater it does download, but then after i get no updates available, i tried uninstalling both brands and reinstalling, but same, other brands download and update as they should, 8.5 and 8.6 patch applied

Check data1 or data2. There should be the error. That the updates are loaded, but not installed. Look in which folder is the higher status, then rename the folder, but do not delete. Then perform update marks again. After that you can delete the unnamed folder error.

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - jagpurr - 10-10-2023

Hi     ,

PETKA 8.5 was running fine, I attempted to run 8.6 update patch v1.0.

Now PETKA won't open, I just got this banner.

" No [VARIABLE]INIMAIN in "

Does anyone have any ideas, please?

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - jagpurr - 11-10-2023

I managed to get around that by running the program as Administrator.
I've set shortcut properties to run as Admin every time, so the program now running OK.

I have disabled Windows security, Firewall, Antivirus, Defender, and even HP SureStart and secure boot, I do not have any third-party antivirus installed, and trying as Administrator but still the patch still won't run.
Is it possible that there are some folders /files that are read-only but shouldn't be?
Does anyone know which files the patch needs access to so I can check?

If I can't run the patch is it possible for someone to upload a version of PETKA with the patch already installed?

Thanks for any advice.

RE: PETKA 8.5 PETKA [Multi] - isdochegal - 11-10-2023

Use Patch V1.2 and it should work. Look here:

http://cartechnology.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=80696&pid=627969#pid627969