CarTechnoloGY
How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - Printable Version

+- CarTechnoloGY (https://cartechnology.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Discussions All about Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=310)
+--- Forum: Automotive Help & Discussions / Software and Hardware (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+---- Forum: BMW - Mini - Rolls Royce (https://cartechnology.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. (/showthread.php?tid=68550)

Pages: 1 2

How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - hayend - 04-09-2022

E-sys and ISTA can share Psdzdata. How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink.

1. c:\Data\Pdszdata folder delete or name change

2. run command prompt

3. mklink /d "C:\Data\psdzdata" "C:\EC-APPS\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi\psdzdata"

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - PsevDo - 04-09-2022

Just for the future, if you want to share Full psdzdata from ISTA+ to Esys just link the folders:

1.Run CMD as administrator
2.Write - mklink /j "c:\Data\psdzdata\" "C:\EC-APPS\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi\psdzdata" <---(put your own directories)

If you have standard folder, you'll see Data folder, instead of ESysData.
Each time you'll update ISTA+ database, you'll have updated for esys too.

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - XuLeTZ - 04-09-2022

there is no point of mklink anymore. Just open E-Sys, go to Options > Settings > D:\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi <=== browse to your ISTA installation folder and follow the data_swi.

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - shawnsheridan - 04-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 22:40 PM)XuLeTZ Wrote:  there is no point of mklink anymore. Just open E-Sys, go to Options > Settings > D:\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi <=== browse to your ISTA installation folder and follow the data_swi.

Just for clarification, need newer E-Sys that has PSdZ-Data folder option in addition to the standard Data folder option.

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - XuLeTZ - 04-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 23:06 PM)shawnsheridan Wrote:  
(04-09-2022, 22:40 PM)XuLeTZ Wrote:  there is no point of mklink anymore. Just open E-Sys, go to Options > Settings > D:\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi <=== browse to your ISTA installation folder and follow the data_swi.

Just for clarification, need newer E-Sys that has PSdZ-Data folder option in addition to the standard Data folder option.

Not really, I`m using 3.30.1 and now all my e-sys folders are not in C:\Data anymore, they all moved in D:\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - shawnsheridan - 04-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 23:12 PM) XuLeTZ Wrote:  Not really, I`m using 3.30.1 and now all my e-sys folders are not in C:\Data anymore, they all moved in D:\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi

Yes old E-Sys you would have to set entire Data folder. Point is in new E-Sys, you can leave Data folder to default C:\Data and set only the PSdZ-Data folder to use ISTA psdzdata.

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - hulahans - 12-03-2023

My psdzdata file are here C:\Program Files (x86)\BMW\ISPI\TRIC\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi\psdzdata

Its not possible to make mklink with this path (Syntax error)
mklink /J C:\Program Files (x86)\BMW\ISPI\TRIC\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi\psdzdata
And in Esys it did not accept this path too

I think that are the free spaces "C:\Program Files (x86)\" But i can not delete or install somewhere else,
how could i solve this?

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - noobontour - 12-03-2023

(12-03-2023, 11:46 AM)hulahans Wrote:  My psdzdata file are here C:\Program Files (x86)\BMW\ISPI\TRIC\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi\psdzdata

Its not possible to make mklink with this path (Syntax error)
mklink /J C:\Program Files (x86)\BMW\ISPI\TRIC\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi\psdzdata
And in Esys it did not accept this path too

I think that are the free spaces "C:\Program Files (x86)\" But i can not delete or install somewhere else,
how could i solve this?

You are right. It is because of the spaces. You have to start the path with „ and at the end also „.

„C:\program files (x86)\…….“
That should solve your problem.

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - hulahans - 12-03-2023

@noobontour
That did it,had to set only
mklink /D C:\"Program Files (x86)"\BMW\ISPI\TRIC\ISTA\PSdZ\data_swi\psdzdata
and it tworks, thank you very much.

RE: How to share ISTA Psdzdata with E-sys via Mklink. - Mwahab - 12-03-2023

You can use LINK SHELL EXTENSION, its a symbolic link plugin in context menu, very useful